Phantis Forums

Group C - who will go thru?

Irlandos

Which 2 sides will go thru from Group C?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 sides will go thru from Group C?

• Argentina and Ivory Coast
    • Argentina and Holland
    • Argentina and Serbia
    • Ivory Coast and Holland
    • Ivory Coast and Serbia
    • Holland and Serbia

This is the goup that if you blind fold someone and have him pick 2 out of 4....

He might be spot on w/ his picks...

This is a tough one, I'm going to go w/ Serbia (because of Djorgvic) and Holland.

I believe that the Holland Argentina match is going to determine who's going to grab the 1st spot and I think that Holland will score more than the Argentinians

argentina has so much quality!

it would be big loss if they go out so early!

look at the dutch defence especialy!

Goalkeepers: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar);

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (Hamburg), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Tim de Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Johnny Heitinga (Ajax), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven);

Midfielders: Mark van Bommel (Barcelona), Phillip Cocu (PSV Eindhoven), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar), Hedwiges Maduro, Wesley Sneijder (both Ajax), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg);

Strikers: Ryan Babel (Ajax), Dirk Kuyt (Feyenoord), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV Eindhoven

1.they have no experienced center backs

2.they have forgotten both seedorf and davids in midfield

3.they only have ruud up front as a real threat(no alternatives)

here is the argentina squad :tup: :tup: :tup:

Goalkeepers: Roberto Abbondanzieri (Boca Juniors), Leonardo Franco (Atletico de Madrid) and Oscar Ustari (Independiente).

Defenders: Fabricio Coloccini (La Corua), Roberto Ayala (Valencia), Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United), Juan Pablo Sorin (Villarreal), Gabriel Milito (Zaragoza), Nicolas Burdisso (Inter) and Leandro Cufre (Roma).

Midfielders: Javier Mascherano (Corinthians), Luis González (Porto), Esteban Cambiasso (Inter), Maximiliano Rodriguez (Atletico de Madrid), Lionel Scaloni (West Ham), Pablo Aimar (Valencia), Juan Roman Riquelme (Villarreal).

Strikers: Hernan Crespo (Chelsea), Carlos Tevez (Corinthians), Javier Saviola (Sevilla), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Julio Cruz (Inter) and Rodrigo Palacio (Boca Juniors).

ok they forgot theese!

Veterans Demichelis (Bayern Munich), Javier Zanetti and Walter Samuel (Inter) being the most obvious, Aldo Duscher (Deportivo) and Diego Milito (Zaragoza)

1.but both sorin and cambiasso is better than demichelis

2.colocini -ayala-milito is as good as samuel

3.they have alot of top strikers! forget diego milito cause crespo-saviola-messi and teves will rock :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

they are my world cup winner hopes

Holland will play a 4-3-3 and with this squad that looks to be a danger in my opinion. The Serbian midfield is stronger in my opinion compared to the Dutch and as you said, other than Kromkamp, the Dutch backs are badly lacking experience.

1. ARG

2. SCG

3. CIV

4. HOL (sorry) :(

Serbia wont go through they have talented players but dont look strong enough to get by all 3 teams...i think that will be a tremendous acheivment for them...

I have a feeling Ivory Coast will make it...the opener vs Argentina should be intereting...

The Netherlands: There has been a twist in mentality in this squad, they work more as a team now.

Argentina: It is a tough group but the Argentinians are a far better squad than Ivory Coast and Serbia (which are good teams though).

I think that a front line of Crespo and Tevez (Saviola on the bench!) supported by a midfield of Riquelme, Aimar and Messi (drop him back) will not only make it out of this group but could go all the way... :tup:

Just my opinion :rolleyes:

Argentina has really impressed at their first half showing infornt of Serbia... Three goals, two of them top class and they totally wiped the Serbs out. The second goal was spectacular... They made some 50-60 passes before it... :tup:

Sasa Ilic should really get a chance... Both Koroman and Stankovic are playing horrible...

and trynos superstar djole looked very good playing defensive mid/ sometime center back :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it apeared like he is too old for this level now!

In a team that everyone plays badly and djole for second straight game plays out of position that is the only comment you could make?? :tdown:

Archived