Phantis Forums

Group B - Who will go thru?

Irlandos

Which 2 sides will qualify from Group B?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 sides will qualify from Group B?

• England and Paraguay
    • England and Sweden
    • England and Trinidad/Tobago
    • Paraguay and Sweden
    • Paraguay and Trinidad/Tobago
    • Sweden and Trinidad/Tobago

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what now dark horse?? :( :unsure: :unsure:

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: trinidad and tobago rulse :nw: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Your very funny, wait till Sweden play in the final 2 matches. You won't see the same performance like that again! ;)

England were terrible but Sweden was much worse... However i still belive that these two teams will get through...

BUT

i want Trinidad to go through :box:

As long as England go out I don't care! I've ordered a T&T and a Swedish flag to hang out of my car as I drive through London! When the mounia get raped like they deserve and go out (hopefully in the group stages but more likely in the 1/8) I'll feel like I've won the world cup!

OK, these may be the rantings of an overly suspicious old(er) man but: Sweden did not WANT to win v. Trini. I could see them constantly shooting directly at Hislop and looking scared to pick up loose balls in the area. :tdown:

I think first place in this group has already been decided... :whistle:

OK, these may be the rantings of an overly suspicious old(er) man but: Sweden did not WANT to win v. Trini.

you are truly not the first person to think likewise... several pundits in Turkish media expressed the same thing... but there's one thing I can't get... WHY IN A WORLD CUP GAME??? :o

you are truly not the first person to think likewise... several pundits in Turkish media expressed the same thing... but there's one thing I can't get... WHY IN A WORLD CUP GAME??? :o

Do you think it's the first time???

Did you watch Japan - Russia in 2002? A fix if ever I've seen one! :tdown:

Japan won on a single shot on goal while the Russians were either needlessly shooting from outside the penalty area or shooting straight at the keeper.

well, after seeing a half's performance from T&T, I have to say they have the best defence in this tournament... England failed to create a single chance... But, of course, it's a difficult thing when you have Crouch upfront... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

C'mon Beenhaker's boys... Hold on for 45 mins... B)

england are an disgrace!

both gerrard and lampard simply can not pass-shoot-press!

if england dont make atlleast 2 subs in the halftime then they could even loose!

btw terry saved england when he cleared the ball of the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they should have been behind!

can u beleive it :o :o

England 2-0 T&T

Peter "The Idiot-looking" Crouch and Steven Gerrard scored two very late goals to secure their far from convincing qualification into the Second Round...

Trinidad & Tobago looked dangerous sometimes especially with their substitute Cornell Glen and when he went past three players and was one-on-one with Robinson when Terry tumbled it back...

I'm now quite sure that England are "simply not even mediocre enough" to become the World Champion... ;)

refereeing was also a disgrace

simple------and without ANY arguement. that first goal should NOT have counted.

1- the ball where it was headed back to shitham -----OFFSIDE. was on the replay. but that happens....the header was much worse a call.....

2- Crouchs header-----look at his hands.....theyre all over the defenders back!!! THATS A FOUL. In fact FIFA said they were going to be extra harsh on this specific foul this year!!!

you cant go up for headers with your hands on the opponents back thats the rule look it up in the book!!!!

3- Gerrard...DIVING AGAIN!!! A T/T player got carded when Gerrard dived outside the area....I looked at the replay and there was a lot of space between the defender and Gerrard when he fell...so how did Gerrard fall? This player is the true m****PANO of English football...granted he is good but if youre that good why do you need to be a cheat too?..he pulled the same crap getting a penalty vs Hungary last month...and who could forget the CL final with Liverpool......All this diving and he speaks out against it!!!

this game should have finished 0-0...T/T would have held on...but after 1-0 they were broken....

its a shame and a loss for all humble countries, T/T worked so hard they deserved the tie......great effort

Sweden won deservedly......they were the better team come on Slick......Paraguay were just like they were with England.......AWFUL. These guys really suck...they have decent defense but no offensive chemistry and never except maybe one shot really looked dangerous..They were a real waste of a WC spot, and way overrated before the cup.

Players were selfish, trying to do tricks, not much strategy...AKA OVERLY SOUTH AMERICAN style......like w/ england they are shooting from 30 yards out the whole time, cant penetrate..... this team is garbage and im glad there not in the next round.

Sweden had some great chances and could at least make really scoring opportunities- and it paid off. Sweden made 17 shots...10 on goal....Paraguay had 16..3 on goal (and most of those shots were unrealistic to begin with) and possession 57% swedens favour... come on it does not look like Paraguay dominated anyone...

Sweden today looked like the best team in the group (not like it says much) the defense was tight, the attack (mainly first half) was making goot opportunities and all the substitutions played fantastic.... Elmander should have come in a while ago..

congrats to sverige

good and well deserved win for Sverige although I feel a bit sorry for two guys who are my true candidates for MoM (Carlos Alberto Bobadilla, Paraguayan Goalkeeper who had two excellent games and Nelson-Haedo Valdez Paraguayan Forward who was the only offensive struggler of his team)...

you simply cannot criticise Paraguay coach for taking off Cruz. he was like a shadow and did nothing to help his teammates...

in fact, the Lagerback should have taken off Ibrahimovic before the break.. he plays like a big big load of s%$#!... :( Allback and Kallstrom should be regulars...

good and well deserved win for Sverige although I feel a bit sorry for two guys who are my true candidates for MoM (Carlos Alberto Bobadilla, Paraguayan Goalkeeper who had two excellent games and Nelson-Haedo Valdez Paraguayan Forward who was the only offensive struggler of his team)...

you simply cannot criticise Paraguay coach for taking off Cruz. he was like a shadow and did nothing to help his teammates...

in fact, the Lagerback should have taken off Ibrahimovic before the break.. he plays like a big big load of s%$#!... :( Allback and Kallstrom should be regulars...

i agree Man of the match Bobadilla......great goalkeeper!!! Valdez has no teammates what can he do...Paraguay is such a disapointment... and Sweden will beat england....they are definitly a better team.

Kallstrom is a regular!! Elmander needs to come on earlier....Allback over Zlatan i agree 100%....

Do you think it's the first time???

Did you watch Japan - Russia in 2002? A fix if ever I've seen one! :tdown:

oh sorry, i forgot the biggest fix ever...

W Germany v Austria: 1-0 (Algeria out)... :tdown:

can you believe that German side played the final??? :tdown:

Archived