Phantis Forums

Group A - Who will go thru?

Irlandos

Which 2 sides will go thru from Group A?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 sides will go thru from Group A?

• Costa Rica and Ecuador
    • Costa Rica and Germany
    • Costa Rica and Poland
    • Ecuador and Germany
    • Ecuador and Poland
    • Germany and Poland

Germany for sure....

What's going to happen in this group is that the other 3 teams are going to battle for the 2nd spot. Yeah Poland might be the favorate to possibly slide into number 2 but those S. American teams can play when it comes to competitions like these...

It's a toss up but I'm going to go w/ the Germans and the Polish because I believe that the Polish are going to have a crowd behind them in all 3 matches..

Costa Rica are horrendous.....the squad, team is weak simple as that.

Ecuador---

yeah OSFP fans are cheering for the new melos Mr. 25 goals a year Borja....funny the big "superstar" is not mentioned anywhere on the worldcup news for ecuador prospective stuff.... :whistle: well see......

as for the team i never though much of them before, and the other day they lose to FYROM 2-1....

the Polish have a strong side with experience and a lot of skill/solid defense... unless they play their worst they wont fail to go through..

my vote is that this group is easily dominated by Germany and Poland...

IT WILL BE THE POLES AND THE GERMANS.

BY THE WAY THE GERMANS WILL HAVE THE SAME FAITH AS THE BRITS.

THEY WILL VANISH AFTER THE GROUP STAGE.

AS FOR THE POLES I SEE THEM PULLING A SURPRISE...WE'LL SEE!

Germany wins their 1st match against Costa Rica (4-2) but in my view it wasn't that impressive... 2 mistakes by the Germans and 2 goals by the Costa Ricans.

If Germany are looking to do well in this cup they need to get it together for the ri next games.

The next match versus the Polish team is going to be a bit tougher for them I think

Poland lost.....

dominated possesion, and couldnt make a single good cross, ecuador played with no substance other than some speed up top and solid defense...these games are so frustrating...and why wait ill the last minutes for Brozek???

Poland lost.....

dominated possesion, and couldnt make a single good cross, ecuador played with no substance other than some speed up top and solid defense...these games are so frustrating...and why wait ill the last minutes for Brozek???

I really though that Poland didn't do anything at all...

How many times have we seen a team dominate "statistically" and then win the match or the toryunament (HHHMMMM HELLAS??? ;) )

This is the reason why this torunament is wide open...

After these 2 first games I deinitely see the Germans and the Ecuadorians moving thorugh UNLESS the Polish team causes an upset..

no it is not that!

it is more about them qualified to the WC with a team with absolutely no skills at all :LOL: :LOL:

and ecuador was very good when they attacked and also has 2 very good center backs(hurtado)

the left back is going to sao paolo in brazil to play after the WC(can not remember his name) but very good skills

Poland lost.....

How many times have we seen a team dominate "statistically" and then win the match or the toryunament (HHHMMMM HELLAS??? ;) )

After these 2 first games I deinitely see the Germans and the Ecuadorians moving thorugh UNLESS the Polish team causes an upset..

Poland had posession the entire game, were finding space wide but the crosses, set peices and final passes to penetrate were just awful...after the 2-0 then they started playing the attack they are capable of ironically...and hit the post twice....Poles were organized just couldnt excecute the final motions......Ecuador played some great defense but had nothing really on offense... and the 2nd goal was very offside..but it happens...

as for statistics, yeah Greece didnt always have the possesion BUT... Greece had the best statistic in KEEPING possesion...as in when they do get it, they were the top team in the tournament in keeping it...Ecuador would throw it up....dont get me wrong Ecuador had the goals and deserved to win...but Poland is way more capable than losing to this team, and with Ecuadors game it can work one day and fail miserably the next....afterall the victory is coming of a loss to SKOPIA... :ph34r:

darkhorse who is happy Poland lost other than SLick? i was hoping for Poland really... and where was the superstar Borja today, I mean you would think the guy who claims he would be the best player in the history of the league would play for his ethniki no???

:LOL:

From the first 2 games in this group I surmised:

1. The Germans have improved over the last 4 years offensively. :) They must, however, sort out their defence. They reminded me yesterday of that 1986 final against Argentina :tdown:

2. The Costa Ricans play nice football but are out of their league here :(

3. The Ecuatorianos play good possession football, have substance in their game, a solid defence and remind me of Euro 2004 Greece. Buena suerte to them! :)

4. Poland blew a must game. They are too slow, have individual talent but no substance to their game and unless they recover in record time they will be going home very soon :tdown:

Poland lost.....

darkhorse who is happy Poland lost other than SLick? i was hoping for Poland really... and where was the superstar Borja today, I mean you would think the guy who claims he would be the best player in the history of the league would play for his ethniki no???

I wish Greece would play in the same group with the Poles, we could have anaiolated them in the qualifer. For our newly acquiared player for Olympiakos biancovede13, I expect him to be a true pehtara for us. What he does for Ecuador has nothing to do with what he'll do for Olympiakos. ;)

Poland lost.....

Poland had posession the entire game, were finding space wide but the crosses, set peices and final passes to penetrate were just awful...after the 2-0 then they started playing the attack they are capable of ironically...and hit the post twice....Poles were organized just couldnt excecute the final motions......Ecuador played some great defense but had nothing really on offense... and the 2nd goal was very offside..but it happens...

as for statistics, yeah Greece didnt always have the possesion BUT... Greece had the best statistic in KEEPING possesion...as in when they do get it, they were the top team in the tournament in keeping it...Ecuador would throw it up....dont get me wrong Ecuador had the goals and deserved to win...but Poland is way more capable than losing to this team, and with Ecuadors game it can work one day and fail miserably the next....afterall the victory is coming of a loss to SKOPIA... :ph34r:

what do u mean?

ecuador played much better than poland! i just say what i saw!

and after tonight they are going home!

i like southamerican teams so i also hope for paraguay tomorow :P

Archived