Phantis Forums

Swedish National Team

dark_horse

It's offcial the 23 players who are going to the World Cup, some surprises here.

Sweden Squad

Goalkeepers: Andreas Isaksson (Stade Rennais FC), John Alvbage (Viborg FF), Rami Shaaban (Fredrikstad FK)

Defenders: Erik Edman (Stade Rennais FC), Petter Hansson (SC Heerenveen), Teddy Lucic (BK Hacken), Olof Mellberg (Aston Villa FC), Mikael Nilsson (Panathinaikos FC), Fredrik Stenman (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Karl Svensson (IFK Goteborg)

Midfielders: Niclas Alexandersson (IFK Goteborg), Daniel Andersson (Malmo FF), Mattias Jonson (Djurgardens IF), Kim Kallstrom (Stade Rennais FC), Tobias Linderoth (FC Kobenhaven), Fredrik Ljungberg (Arsenal FC), Anders Svensson (IF Elfsborg), Christian Wilhelmsson (RSC Anderlecht)

Forwards: Marcus Allback (FC Kobenhavn), Johan Elmander (Brondby IF), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Juventus FC), Markus Rosenberg (AFC Ajax), Henrik Larsson (FC Barcelona) :nw: :nw: :nw:

Evalagoal, Sweden would be something special in the World Cup. I advise you to watch England-Sweden so you can see a wonderful rematch of there encounter of there last World Cup showdown.

Henrik Larsson got his European Championship for Barcelona FC, let's see if he can win the World Cup title for SWEDEN! :whistle:

Just as much as we Greek fans are pissed about there loss to Australia, I am so pissed about the 0-0 draw vs. Finland. Sweden missed SO MANY chances to begin with, Ljungberg was totally s%$#! as usual, our strikers we're active but cannot put away shots where they should have scored. I better hope they don't play like this vs. England & Paraguay. :tdown:

Darkhorse - you a Swede?????

I put a couple of bucks on them to win the whole thing - as a longshot they are a good bet

I think I will be cheering for them and the African teams this time around

Good luck

I was a "Greek-American" until I moved out of the US & into Sweden 2 years ago (before Euro 2004). I denounced my U.S. citizenship before I left the country. I became a Swedish citizen just last month, still I have duel Greek citizenship. Now I'm offically a "Greek-Swede"! :tup: God bless Sweden!

P.S. - Thank you Loup for your support for SVERIGE, as long as Ljungberg "the bitch" does not f*** up the whole team, they might have a shot at World Cup glory.

Archived