Phantis Forums

who will the new coach at pao be?

slick13

the latest is Hector cuper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also acording to supersportfm.gr we are closing in on halihodjic(bosnian coach former lille and psg coach) he has told that before some days he was aproached by a pao official.

and also another italian alberto zarceroni( former milan coach)

i personaly would cry of joy if we could get cuper!

he is 1 of my favorate coaches in the world and also with plenty of succes everywhere!

cuper would be amazing but lets not jump the gun..these are reports, that goes a long way from saying how legimiate it is...i hope that cuper will come, that would be our best opition and probably one of the best managers to come to greece...but we will see...zaccheroni is a great coach as well..he was coahed some of the best teams in italy..halihodjic was also good in france..so these three options are extremely promising, but who kows what will happen..this is greek football and i hate to say it, but sometimes things are not what they appear..

I tell you all KATANEC is the man that you guys should go after.. Don't really know where he's at tat the moment but he really left a great impression w/ me when he was at Olympiacos. He's going to speak his mind and tell you what he thinks, but as far as coaching this guy knows what he's doing...

From the rumor mill in Greece it's sounds like PAO has aproach the PRODOTH!!!! (Bajevic) :LOL:

prodotis the guy who gave your team 3 titles in a row?he is only one of the best coaches in greece.In every team he has being,he has won titles but he is no good for aekaki apparently.....................

cuper would be amazing but lets not jump the gun..these are reports, that goes a long way from saying how legimiate it is...i hope that cuper will come, that would be our best opition and probably one of the best managers to come to greece...but we will see...zaccheroni is a great coach as well..he was coahed some of the best teams in italy..halihodjic was also good in france..so these three options are extremely promising, but who kows what will happen..this is greek football and i hate to say it, but sometimes things are not what they appear..

Zaccheroni I dont know about........they will hang him just like Malesani after the results arent immidiate....

Halihodzic ruined a great Trabzonspor team....and not interested in seeing a bosno-croatian rivalry

The results under Cuper at Inter werent great...he did horrible at Inter....but at Valencia he was the man...

but well see...

For PAO to become a force in Europe we need better than Dusan.

I do like the guy, but he is good for A Ethnikh.

Remember that Sollied was PAO's first choice back in Jan 2005... ;)

The issue is twofold.

Vardinokolis would NOT spend to bring a great manager/coach. Even if he did, he would not be willing to follow his requests/instructions for quality transfers, or freedom and independent decision making <_<

Zaccheroni I dont know about........they will hang him just like Malesani after the results arent immidiate....

Well then PAO dont deserve success, just stick with Melasani! PAO fans attitude toward coaches is the most disgraceful I've ever seen! Let me remind you that many were calling for Otto's head at the beginning, same with Alex Fergusen at Man Utd, need I go on??? These coaches needed a long time (Fergusen needed 3 years before the team started taking significant steps forward!)

Halihodzic ruined a great Trabzonspor team....

Ok, lets not get carried away! <_<

The results under Cuper at Inter werent great...he did horrible at Inter....but at Valencia he was the man...

The problem with Cuper is that he needs money to make a team, something he won't have at PAO. If I was Vardinoyianni I'd be on the phone with the Steaua Bucherest manager, Aurelian Cosmin Olaroiu, his team play some wonderful football and they've made it to the UEFA CUP semis. He's done all this with a minimal amount to spend. He is the perfect candidate for the job!

Halihodzic ruined a great Trabzonspor team....and not interested in seeing a bosno-croatian rivalry

but well see...

he was as good as mancini has been!

the main difference was in the cl where inter was in outstanding form!

Well then PAO dont deserve success, just stick with Melasani! PAO fans attitude toward coaches is the most disgraceful I've ever seen! Let me remind you that many were calling for Otto's head at the beginning, same with Alex Fergusen at Man Utd, need I go on??? These coaches needed a long time (Fergusen needed 3 years before the team started taking significant steps forward!)

Ok, lets not get carried away! <_<

The problem with Cuper is that he needs money to make a team, something he won't have at PAO. If I was Vardinoyianni I'd be on the phone with the Steaua Bucherest manager, Aurelian Cosmin Olaroiu, his team play some wonderful football and they've made it to the UEFA CUP semis. He's done all this with a minimal amount to spend. He is the perfect candidate for the job!

or lucescus son who is at rapid bucurest( a young coach with brilliant coaching skills)

but well see...

like getting raped out of the CL 5-1 by ARSE-nal at home is outstanding form eh.....although the year before they did make the semis... but in a group of Arse-nal , locomotiv and kiev INTER should not be having that hard a time...

but well see...

like getting raped out of the CL 5-1 by ARSE-nal at home is outstanding form eh.....although the year before they did make the semis... but in a group of Arse-nal , locomotiv and kiev INTER should not be having that hard a time...
when they lost 1-0 to milan they fired him it was before the 5-1 loss to le arse and was after inter had 3 wins in a row in cl!

1 of the wins was a 3-0 at highbury!!!!!!! :nw: :nw:

he was fired because they had a "bad" start to serie A i believe they where third just like with mancini B)

plus mancini also had a bit of better players(veron-figo-solari-samuel) ;)

true except for the CL......inter werent doing that great i mean they with arsenal lokomotiv i think they should really go through........but yeah mancini does have better players youre right. anyways his work with valencia is what would give me hope not with inter...

or lucescus son who is at rapid bucurest( a young coach with brilliant coaching skills)

Exactly! There is some great and cheap coaching talent in E.Europe.

anyone got any info on Hans Bake???

what is his carrer highlights??? is he a defending type coach or attacking??

looks like he will b our new coach???

From what I have heard...he is a very attack-minded coach.

When he was coaching his daugther's under 12 side, he once beat the team that was placed 3rd 3-1!!!! And this was at their home ground.

:tup:

Hans Backe Takes the Reigns

Hans Backe will be the new coach of Panathinaikos. The 54-year-old Swede coach arrived in Athens and agreed to all with shareholder of Panathinaikos FC Giannis Vardinogiannis for a 1+1-year contract. The two men discussed many issues, among which the coach’s close associates, while as it seems former players of Panathinaikos Rene Henriksen and Jan Michaelsen, will not be contacted for the positions. The Swedish coach is expected to remain in Greece for the upcoming three-day weekend, so that he can watch the Championship game between Panathinaikos and Egaleo, in OAKA Stadium, on Sunday.

http://news.ert.gr/en/newsDetails.asp?id=17211

Archived