Phantis Forums

Santos

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

In the 3 seasons that Fernando Santos has coached at AEK....he has never been able to win the big games!

The only time he has was when AEK won the cup in 2001-2002 over Olympiacos.

I don't know why, but when the team needs to win, they never do, and their performance is terrible.

What does everyone else think???

i believe santos should stay. its hard to find a coach of his calibre that is willing to work in greece under the aek conditions. he is one of the best coaches in the protathlima. although this season he hasn t really impressed me. but we have to remember that the team is average at best.

i believe santos should stay. its hard to find a coach of his calibre that is willing to work in greece under the aek conditions. he is one of the best coaches in the protathlima. although this season he hasn t really impressed me. but we have to remember that the team is average at best.

Aekrossoponti is right, Aek don't have a great squad but have done very well this year!

Yes, but his first season, his roster was loaded with talent....he still couldn't win the big games!!

I'm not saying Santos should leave, i'm just stating that his teams can never win on the big stage!!!

What would you do then if you were chairman? Would you bring in another manager, if so who???

In the 3 seasons that Fernando Santos has coached at AEK....he has never been able to win the big games!

The only time he has was when AEK won the cup in 2001-2002 over Olympiacos.

I don't know why, but when the team needs to win, they never do, and their performance is terrible.

What does everyone else think???

Honestly with the talent that Santos has he has done a gret job...

I really believe that it's about time that Nikolaidis and Ivic "pump" some $$$$ from somewhere and buy 1 or 2 quality players that are going to help the team. I'm not talking about bringing in another Rivaldo or something like that but it's time some of these so called "scouts" get off their asses and help their team out..

This is what AEK and another 3-4 Greek teams need in order make the Protathlima and their clubs that much better.

Prime example.... Castillo (I know what you all are going to say & that'a nother topic) and Zikabala (from PAOK)

It's players like that (young and talented) that need to play in the Greek League to add some excitement and change.

$$$$$ from where?????

sure champions league will help boost the coffers by a few million, but as of last financial year we were 17million euro in debt........

Maybe the team can works something out to where they can loan players to clubs and possibly afterwards they can sell them to the that club for an amount...

The financial part of this is soemthing that these 2 "brains" (Nikolaidis Ivic) have to figure out on their own.. Hey lets not forget I'm preety sure that Nikolaidis wife (Vissi) has some cash as well.. It just doesn't make sence...

I would think that AEK would be in a better situation at the moment.... And another thing.. Where the hell has the crowds been? You would trhink that if the team is in such "debt" their fans would be behind them and would want to support their club as well....

Look dude.. We're not going to solve this but there's way of helping the club. What it comes down to is stop going to the Kafenia and go get educated on how to make this better....

The financial part of this is soemthing that these 2 "brains" (Nikolaidis Ivic) have to figure out on their own.. Hey lets not forget I'm preety sure that Nikolaidis wife (Vissi) has some cash as well.. It just doesn't make sence...

nikolaidis invested money into the club. his wife is vandi by the way not vissi...

anyway ironically the problem is not really the money but the transfers we do make. pao managed to get 4 youths (darlas, leontiou, tziolis, mantzios) into their first lineup this year that basically came out of nowhere. yes tziolis had some games at panionios and mantzios too, but no where close to where they are now.

aek got some young prospects. and no one of them even got some playing time... last year we thought maybe kiriakidis and bourbos might be something for the future. this year correct me if i am wrong but bourbos didn t play at all and kiriakidis only in the cup on some garbage time.

venglinsky was a great signing. but he didn t perform due to many reasons. unfortunately he is no longer in santos plans. so was lakis but he doesn t do much this season.

dellas...doesn t get any playing time due to injuries and that he doesn t fit santos plans. why get dellas if we know we don t need a sweeper. i mean dellas left aek because santos didn t need him then and now nothing changed. i know we got dellas because he didnt have a team but if we are short on money we need to save were we can. against olympiakos i didn t see any sort of defense hard to imagine dellas doesn t deserve a spot there.

we got kapetanos for serious cash, yet he never plays. how many strikers do we have that actually score?? lympe....and no one else. kapetanos is not able to start here????

we wanted to get basinas but didn t want to spend cash. then we get emerson for roughly the same money. yes emerson is a good player and doing great this season but he is old and finished after this season. without emerson and dellas we could have gotten basinas easily. would that have helped the team more, i think so.

if we talk about building a team, then lets build a team. but i don t see any building being done. in 2 years of nikolaidis-ivic-santos not one young player emerged.

The financial part of this is soemthing that these 2 "brains" (Nikolaidis Ivic) have to figure out on their own..  Hey lets not forget I'm preety sure that Nikolaidis wife (Vissi) has some cash as well..  It just doesn't make sence...

nikolaidis invested money into the club. his wife is vandi by the way not vissi...

anyway ironically the problem is not really the money but the transfers we do make. pao managed to get 4 youths (darlas, leontiou, tziolis, mantzios) into their first lineup this year that basically came out of nowhere. yes tziolis had some games at panionios and mantzios too, but no where close to where they are now.

aek got some young prospects. and no one of them even got some playing time... last year we thought maybe kiriakidis and bourbos might be something for the future. this year correct me if i am wrong but bourbos didn t play at all and kiriakidis only in the cup on some garbage time.

venglinsky was a great signing. but he didn t perform due to many reasons. unfortunately he is no longer in santos plans. so was lakis but he doesn t do much this season.

dellas...doesn t get any playing time due to injuries and that he doesn t fit santos plans. why get dellas if we know we don t need a sweeper. i mean dellas left aek because santos didn t need him then and now nothing changed. i know we got dellas because he didnt have a team but if we are short on money we need to save were we can. against olympiakos i didn t see any sort of defense hard to imagine dellas doesn t deserve a spot there.

we got kapetanos for serious cash, yet he never plays. how many strikers do we have that actually score?? lympe....and no one else. kapetanos is not able to start here????

we wanted to get basinas but didn t want to spend cash. then we get emerson for roughly the same money. yes emerson is a good player and doing great this season but he is old and finished after this season. without emerson and dellas we could have gotten basinas easily. would that have helped the team more, i think so.

if we talk about building a team, then lets build a team. but i don t see any building being done. in 2 years of nikolaidis-ivic-santos not one young player emerged.

Great Point....

Sorry about the mix-up w/ Vandi and Vissi (KARYILOES KAI I 2otous DEN INE) :D

No matter what I don't blame Santos for all of this... The players are as much to blame as anyone else.

Archived