Phantis Forums

KONSTANTINOU

bides

guys give me a brake.the same way osfp fans were making fun of him and pao fans were happy to have him when he was playing for pao,we have right now with the fans of osfp being happy and pao making fun of him.the only deference is that in pao he played 4-5 years and got 1 championship while with osfp he will get 1 championship in his first year with many more to follow.also the fact that he scored in the games against aek-pao-paok while being out for 2-3 months with injuries this year proves that he is a good player and can help osfp the same way he could help pao if he was still playing for you guys.if next year he is healthy for the whole year with no injuries you can have a better view on his performance/dollar ratio.you also can not compare gekas and konstantinou since they are 2 totally diferent players.they are both good but gekas can run and penetrate while konstantinou is more power and finish.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill say it again....pao and olympiakos are both paying and paid too much money for his services...bidis...your reasoning has tooo many counterarguments so i wont bother simply cause i dont feel like writing a 30 page response...please look at the overall stats and not just stats ffrom one particular department...i know you have alot of cypriot pride but its almost unreasonable to say he is worth the money that both teams are paying...this is the case for both clubs so please stop using it as a comparison of pao and oly... michali and gkekas are INCOMPARABLE....they do not share the same qualities..as a matter of fact i consider them two of the most oppostie players in the a ethniki...this is partially why they played well together...if yu saw them play last year and you watch the greek league reguraly, i don t think you would be comparing...plese guys, im trying to have a reasonable discussion, so lets make this a discussion about konstantonou and not another bitter war between pao and oly...he was WAY overpaiid for at pao and he is overpayed again at oly...no questions asked...

but as crazy was saying, lets see with more time..i dont think championship are a fair way to judge though because as your argument states, he would have had more will to win a championship with pao then olympiakos bcause of the simple fact that olympaikos win the protathlima more regularly.....one thing that plagues michali is very mental..he lets his mental state greatly affec this playing and that is a problem oly may have not seen yet, but may in time...i dont think his performances at pao an his at oly should ever be compared...he is being played diferent, wih differnt player and with a different staff...often things are not so black and white as "he is playing better here then there"....these type of things dont come down to beter or worst, they are just differen....ive already noticed the diffeerences of his play already..not better or worst...just different...

lets talk stats over 100 goals in A Ethniki..... Has scored over 14 goals against the Reds in his career....He scores in pretty much all the derbys, did it last year as well if u fans can recall..... He has over 25 goals for his country in about 50 caps

Has 9 Champions League goals and his record in Europe when healthy is un matched by any player in the Greek league...

ALSO HE DOES NOT TAKE ANY PENALTY SHOTS NOR FREE KICKS his goals are not from set pieces...

THE GUY IS ONLY 28 years old didnt we win a Championship with Konstantinou the only one in ten years...DIDNT Konstantinou score two goals in the Cup FINAL against the Reds to win the DOUBLE...WE cry and complain but if he was a Green still you would be all licking his nuts like you did previous years before....

ANYWAYS I think his stats speak for himself and rememeber ladies..HE was out FOR 2 MONTHS WITH AN INJURY DO WE ALL FORGET THIS.........

Michalis Konstantinou (born February 19, 1978 in Paralimni, Cyprus) is a football striker who currently plays for Olympiacos in the Greek Championship. He has also played for the Cyprus national football team, being its all-time leading scorer with 19 goals in 46 appearances.

An absolute hero at his former club Iraklis FC, Michalis Konstantinou is a powerful Cypriot striker who reportedly turned down offers from a number of leading clubs to sign for his boyhood team, Panathinaikos FC. However, he subsequently joined their city rivals Olympiacos in 2005.

He got his start in professional football playing for Cypriot side Enosis Neon Paralimni FC,for whom he scored 17 goals in 25 games in the 1996/97 season and became top goal scorer of Cypriot Championship. Picked up by Iraklis in Greece in 1997, Konstantinou proved a huge hit, his four seasons produced a total of 60 goals in 119 appearances and he also played in the UEFA Cup.

The spearhead of the Cypriot attack, he made his international debut against Albania in August 1998 and subsequently averaged almost a goal every other game in his first 35 caps. His blossoming coincided with his nation's vast improvement as a footballing force, although they failed to reach the play-offs for either the 2000 or 2004 UEFA European Championship.

In 2001, signed in a deal which took three Panathanaikos FC players to Iraklis, Konstantinou transferred to Panathinaikos for €11.3 million. It was an extraordinary move, but many believed that the young Cypriot striker was more than gifted enough to justify Panathanaikos's dramatic bid of €11.3m - the most ever paid for a Cypriot player. The added pressure did not faze Konstantinou; with Panathinaikos, he had the opportunity to play in the UEFA Champions League, and he earned praise for his role in the team's performance there, especially in his first year with the club. He scored a majestic effort in the Camp Nou in the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg defeat by FC Barcelona. His second season proved less stellar, injury restricting his involvement to 21 league games. The man of the match in the 2003/04 Greek Cup final after scoring twice, Konstantinou was not so prolific in the league - registering five times. In 2004/05 he had a very good season, with 15 goals, even as Panathinaikos lost the title to Olympiacos. Panathinaikos did not renew his contract due to a major economic restructure that the board decided and Konstantinou signed a three-year deal with the Champion & Cup Winner, Olympiacos CFP on July 14, 2005.

guys dinou is not getting paid 1.5 mil euro per year... min to kseftilisoune.... wen he signed i remember clearly tht it was around 900.000 down frm 1.2 mil at PAO... again i do feel tht is a lot but i dnt think u can fiind a player similar to dinou on a free transfer...

Players like Konstadinou are hard to come by.

Their services and greatness are not always served by goal scoring. When Konstadinou plays, he opens up a lot of room for his teamates and thus creating more chances. He is a classic terget man.

Not many players can be like him. He is also good under pressure and a good finisher.

That being said there are faults to his game.

Panathinaikos was always most dangerous with him in the lineup.

Regardless Olympiakos is a far better team with him in the lineup then him out of the lineup.

statistically Gkekas in the past 3 yrs has more goals than Kota..This year Mantzios has thr SAME amount of goals like Kota in 200 less playing min...Dont go statistically you cant argue there..

as far as his 1st yr winning a championship as the geys, he's not the reason!!!

Torgelle, Biscan, Concesao???

How about Gkekas, Papa, Mantzios as the reason Kota is in red...& not that i agree with this, but they're all much more affordable. & $ for $ they're statistically better than Kota...

Gavri you're all hypocrates :1eye:

What about conceiceios 1.5 million Euro great move....THAT trade off panned out well for our club..

Torgelle, biscan and Conceceio priceless!!!!

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I'm an Olympiakos fan and am Cypriot. I use to love going to watch him for Cyprus as a kid. He was my footballing hero (along with Okkas, Basinas and Zagorakis), so I have no reason to knock Mihali, BUT...

He is lazy, he can't finish, and is injury prone. When he first started out and took the league by storm at Iraklis he had the potential to be the BEST EVER GREEK/GREEK-CYPRIOT striker. But injury has severly depleted him and he seems to have lost his hunger!

He's only a fraction of the player he used to be.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Injury prone the only time he has been seriously injured was this year when he was out for two months.. You have been watching him since you were a kid how old are u ten? Mihali is only 28 and what games did u watch for Cyprus he has 25 goals for the National team.. His partner Okkas is prone to miss way more chances then him... He is lazy this guys works harder then anyone on the pitch..He comes back helps the defence all the time he opens up space for everyone..So mr Cypriot as you call yourself tune yourself into what football is all about cause u have no clue what ur talking about!!!

Injury prone the only time he has been seriously injured was this year when he was out for two months.. You have been watching him since you were a kid how old are u ten? Mihali is only 28 and what games did u watch for Cyprus he has 25 goals for the National team.. His partner Okkas is prone to miss way more chances then him... He is lazy this guys works harder then anyone on the pitch..He comes back helps the defence all the time he opens up space for everyone..So mr Cypriot as you call yourself tune yourself into what football is all about cause u have no clue what ur talking about!!!

you gotta relax man...your gunna have an anuerysm...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...look out for your health first man :D

how did this whole topic get started

Konstandinou is involved in the winner v Paok to countinue Olympiakos streak of 14 games consecutive in the league with a win

a indivdual effort by him

and he gets killed cause it was bad defending but u know wut if it wasn't for bad defending there wouldn't be many goals at all

I'm 21, so when he was playing at 19 for example I was 12, hence, a kid.

And he got injured for PAO on a number of occasions numbnuts.

As for him working hard... :whistle: Maybe you need to watch strikers like Alan Smith, Mido, Govou, etc. They are hard workers. Konstantinou has no explosion in his game, he plays as if he is training.

Okkas might miss chances too, but he isn't an out and out centre forward. He contributes more to the general game, AND he works hard. As for not knowing what I'm talking about, I have an F.A. 'B' badge in coaching and once I finish university a fairly well known English club in the championship (who will probably be in the Premiership next year) will fund my training for a UEFA B badge. So hopefully within 5 years I will be coaching a youth team in a Prem club. And you never know, within 20 years, I could lead Olympiakos to the CL! :P

From what I've seen from your posts, no one likes you, and you chat a lot of s%$#!, so do us all a favour and shut the ###### up!

As for him working hard... :whistle: Maybe you need to watch strikers like Alan Smith, Mido, Govou, etc. They are hard workers. Konstantinou has no explosion in his game, he plays as if he is training.

Okkas might miss chances too, but he isn't an out and out centre forward. He contributes more to the general game, AND he works hard. As for not knowing what I'm talking about, I have an F.A. 'B' badge in coaching and once I finish university a fairly well known English club in the championship (who will probably be in the Premiership next year) will fund my training for a UEFA B badge. So hopefully within 5 years I will be coaching a youth team in a Prem club. And you never know, within 20 years, I could lead Olympiakos to the CL! :P

From what I've seen from your posts, no one likes you, and you chat a lot of s%$#!, so do us all a favour and shut the ###### up!

well done

ALAN SMITH COULDNT EVEN WASH KONSTANTINOU SHOES AND YES OKKAS IS A CENTER FORWARD HE PLAYS OUT OF POSITION NUMB NUTS!!!!

HIS 25 Goals in 50 Caps for his National Team are not good enough for you!!!!

As for him working hard...  :whistle: Maybe you need to watch strikers like Alan Smith, Mido, Govou, etc. They are hard workers. Konstantinou has no explosion in his game, he plays as if he is training.

Okkas might miss chances too, but he isn't an out and out centre forward. He contributes more to the general game, AND he works hard. As for not knowing what I'm talking about, I have an F.A. 'B' badge in coaching and once I finish university a fairly well known English club in the championship (who will probably be in the Premiership next year) will fund my training for a UEFA B badge. So hopefully within 5 years I will be coaching a youth team in a Prem club. And you never know, within 20 years, I could lead Olympiakos to the CL!  :P

:gr:  :gr:  :gr:

ALAN SMITH COULDNT EVEN WASH KONSTANTINOU SHOES AND YES OKKAS IS A CENTER FORWARD HE PLAYS OUT OF POSITION NUMB NUTS!!!!

then why is michali not playing for united or in the prem??

Everybody ask yourselves one question

did Olympiakos improve there striking core when they signed Konstandinou ??

was he an upgrade plain and simple??

if its yes then all you Pao hatters stop being bitter that he left u guys

fact is he scored a nice crafty goal the other day

don't hate

nobody in here called him world class striker but he is solid

Francis Jeffers averaged 1 goal every other game for Everton. Is he amazing too? When a team has one or two stars they rely on them. For many years Cyprus have relied on Konstantinou and Okkas. Much of Mihalis record is from the days he was a top quality striker. But now if he gets 6 clear cut chances he might, might score 1! Since you're such an expert on Cyprus did you see the game against Slovenia the other day? He had 3 sitters and missed them all! Last season he single handedly lost the game against Israel away. Cyprus dominated, he missed 2 open goals! Did it with Ireland too. Do I need to go on? He's lost his hunger!

As for being better than Smith, if that was the case he would be in the Prem now. There are players that would pay good money for Smith whereas Konstantinou was on a free and there was no interest. I'm not saying he isn't good to play in the Prem (talent wise). He's a better player than Stead (Sunderland), Davies (Bolton), Campbell (West Brom), etc. but he isn't as effective as these lot because he doesn't try. He has no passion, no hunger.

well said :nw: :nw:

Francis Jeffers averaged 1 goal every other game for Everton. Is he amazing too? When a team has one or two stars they rely on them. For many years Cyprus have relied on Konstantinou and Okkas. Much of Mihalis record is from the days he was a top quality striker. But now if he gets 6 clear cut chances he might, might score 1! Since you're such an expert on Cyprus did you see the game against Slovenia the other day? He had 3 sitters and missed them all! Last season he single handedly lost the game against Israel away. Cyprus dominated, he missed 2 open goals! Did it with Ireland too. Do I need to go on? He's lost his hunger!

As for being better than Smith, if that was the case he would be in the Prem now. There are players that would pay good money for Smith whereas Konstantinou was on a free and there was no interest. I'm not saying he isn't good to play in the Prem (talent wise). He's a better player than Stead (Sunderland), Davies (Bolton), Campbell (West Brom), etc. but he isn't as effective as these lot because he doesn't try. He has no passion, no hunger.

You know why Cyprus is diveded it because of Malakes like you with a population of 700000 people you cant talk badly of Konstantinou as i recall it was Okkas who had the sitters against Ireland who missed the penalty shots.. It was Konstantinou who led the squad in goals.. He sure looks like he lost his edge i guess u havent been following the Greek league this year and last when he led his team in scoring and this year he has the most goals for the reds from there strikers and he has been out 2 months.... YOUR a disgrace little Billy against Slovenia he came on the second half he missed one chance Okkas missed 6.. Yeah i have been following little boy!!

You know why Cyprus is diveded it because of Malakes like you with a population of 700000 people you cant talk badly of Konstantinou as i recall it was Okkas who had the sitters against Ireland who missed the penalty shots.. It was Konstantinou who led the squad in goals.. He sure looks like he lost his edge i guess u havent been following the Greek league this year and last when he led his team in scoring and this year he has the most goals for the reds from there strikers and he has been out 2 months.... YOUR a disgrace little Billy against Slovenia he came on the second half he missed one chance Okkas missed 6.. Yeah i have been following little boy!!

Because of malakes like me Cyprus is divided? Ti m#$%!s pou eise re. You imply this because I don't rate Konstantinou as a player? You criticise Okkas yet he is consistently considered the best Cyrpiot player by Cypriots. Didn't he get Pepsi MVP in Greece last season too? YES! So does that mean you are at fault for Cyprus being divided too.

You attempt to turn a football conversation into an insult match, why? Is it because your whore of a mother was ###### Tourkous instead of reading you bedtime stories? As for the Billy comment, was is that all about? You call me a little boy because I'm in my early twenties, yet you are full of wrinkles, balding, have no teeth and still have the maturity of a 12 year old.

Because of malakes like me Cyprus is divided? Ti m#$%!s pou eise re. You imply this because I don't rate Konstantinou as a player? You criticise Okkas yet he is consistently considered the best Cyrpiot player by Cypriots. Didn't he get Pepsi MVP in Greece last season too? YES! So does that mean you are at fault for Cyprus being divided too.

You attempt to turn a football conversation into an insult match, why? Is it because your whore of a mother was ###### Tourkous instead of reading you bedtime stories? As for the Billy comment, was is that all about? You call me a little boy because I'm in my early twenties, yet you are full of wrinkles, balding, have no teeth and still have the maturity of a 12 year old.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:nw: :nw: Ethnikistis :nw: :nw:

P.S your king re!!! :tup:

:gr:  :gr:  :gr:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:nw: :nw: Ethnikistis :nw: :nw:

P.S your king re!!! :tup:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bidis got 0wned!!!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Did i mention anything about your family???? Bravo R BILLY EISAI KALO PAIDI!!!

Archived