Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Skoda Xanthi

dimitriis

Halia mavra eihei i omada. Pou pame me ton Malessani den mporw na katalabw.

An prepei na eimaste ikanopiimenoi me to apotelesma tote asta na pane sto diaolo me tin koloomada tou italou.

RX-Leondiou :blink:

LX-Wotter <_<

Biscan is 3rd in line to Conseisao, Andrich :huh:

Kai min heirotera, giati ehi kai alla to menu...

Nice win against a very good team.

The goal by Mantzios is a must-see.

Overall a scrappy game with both teams playing hard. In the first half we controlled the game, and in the second half Xanthi was the better team. We were very careful on defense and rightly so. Xanthi is a team that can be dangerous if they find space, and we haven't exactly been stopping opponents from finding the net. I don't mind these rough wins until we begin to roll.

Positives: 3 points, 1 world class goal, good game by Matnzios, Darlas, Leontiou, Tziolis. It looks like the young players are slowly establishing themselves in the first team.

Negatives: We still don't look like a team. Had a hard time moving the ball in midfield and stopping the opponents there.

Another negative: Some complaining by the fans that Torghelle was not used and instead Kotsios came in the last five minutes for Darlas.

Malezani likes to throw off everyone it seems. In the second half he put Leontiou on the right in place of Haralabides, and kept Wouter on the left (a left footed on the right, a right footed on the left)!

He substituted Darlas with Kotsios even though Darlas was playing pretty good. I think he pulled Darlas after a couple of runs down the left that resulted in some dangerous counter-attacks by Xanthi after he lost the ball. Those who really watch the games would remember a similar move a few games ago when he pulled Haralabidis who let his man run down his side unmollested, resulting in the first goal against Kalithea (Haralabidis did not play for the next three games after that).

In retrospect, Malezani did the right thing. Midfield was out problem and not our forwards who did a good job occupying the defence. After he put in Leontiou and Tziolis Xanthi could not move the ball on the left, and after Kotsios came in they created no danger for Galinovich on the right.

Conceicao did not play and I don't think anyone missed him (except Xanthi perhaps). Haralabidis did a great job with the set pieces and Anric (fist half) and Tziolis (second half) were better at jamming up the middle. It's snowing in upstate NY and the word "palto" comes to mind..

To summarize the game: must see Mantzios goal.. must see Mantzios goal..

as of the fatigue, its no excuse but the players played a hard match in very bad weather conditions...them being fatuged is proably right...it was cold and pouring rain which is a tough thing to get over...its very heavy on your legs regardless of how fit you are..it is no excuse though...go win from pao and wow...what a manztios goal

Guest Protathlitis7

Nice goal by Mantzios. I think alot of people underestimated him including osfp seeing as he was a gavro and wanted to come but instead we sign a worthless peice of s%$#! like NTANI <_<

Halia mavra eihei i omada. Pou pame me ton Malessani den mporw na katalabw.

An prepei na eimaste ikanopiimenoi me to apotelesma tote asta na pane sto diaolo me tin koloomada tou italou.

RX-Leondiou :blink:

LX-Wotter <_<

Biscan is 3rd in line to Conseisao, Andrich :huh:

Kai min heirotera, giati ehi kai alla to menu...

maybe Melezani is implementing Total football the Dutch system of making players switch into any position on the field.

Didnt get to see the game how did Leontiou do?

Paides ton eida olo ton agwna ap'to supersport....Prwta ap'ola itan ena wraio paixnidi..Kaname ena kalo prwto imixrono me apokorifwma tin gkolara tou Mantziou...Megali beltiwsi ayto to paidi..

Oso gia to deytero imixrono?O ekfwnitis elege oli tin wra gia tin adikaiologiti opisthwxwrisi tou PAO kai oti yparxei ena terastio keno metaksy epithetikwn(pou eixan meinei psila gia na piezoun) kai tou kentrou(pou eixe gyrisei pio pisw)...An blepate ton Male osoi ton krazete,trabage ta mallia tou m'ayta pou eblepe ap'tous paixtes tou kai fwnaze diarkws gia n'aneboun psilotera..Ayta eide kai ebale ton Tziwli anti tou poly kalou Andrich(pou den eixe paixnidia sta podia tou) kai ton Leontiou sti thesi tou Mpidi(pou oute aytos exei polla paixnidia) kai oi "trypes" sto kentro ekleisan...Apo ekei kai pera o Male ithele na balei ton Torgelle alla kapoies enoxliseis tou Darla odigisan stin antikatastasi tou ap'ton Kwtsio...

Me tin teleytaia allagi merikoi opadoi sto gipedo nomisan oti o Male kleinei tin omada pisw kai arxisan na fwnazoun Santor Torgelle oe oe e!!Kai meta...Ena makrosyrto ouuuuuuu ap'tous ypoloipous filathlous pou ekselaban to sinthima ws dysareskeia gia ton Male kai tis epiloges tou....Pantws o Torgelle sikwthike kai eyxaristise tous filathlous....

O Olisadebe efyge ap'to OAKA otan emathe oti itan ektos 18adas enw o Eki de tha paiksei ston epomeno agwna logw kartwn...Alles 5! dextikan paixtes tou PAO...

A minor point I would like to raise:

At one stage, Leo Mineiro runs for the ball, stretches his arm backwards and hits Andric in the face. This is very reminiscent of the incident between Kotsios and dOkkas! Again this happened in front of the linesman. Straight red card? I don't think so. Maybe a yellow? Nope. Should have been a foul though because the intention is there. Aaaa, I forgot... something that distinguishes the two incidences einai to theatriliki tou dOkka! I also forgot the omnipresent paragka :rolleyes:

MAntzios has showed us that there is life after mixalaki afterall. Hes movements off the ball, his technique and finishes inside the box are very good for a greek striker. He has to work on his speed and acceleration of the mark if he blosoms even further.

Let this omadiki prospathia pai eki pou theli o theos. If it means we give this team 2 years to reap the benefits then so be it. As for olisadebe well goodnight mate,,he spat the dummy and well sto kallo na pai. Mia teleftea efkeria dose ston luci re,,,the kid has the most skill in greece and prepoi na egateleftoume to plousio talento pou exi. Eki needs to be replaced when he gets tired and male should give him one more chance

I don't think his form was ever mediocre its just that he didn't have any

chances to show his worth.

Now, he has taken them with both hands and is by far become the

regular marksmen upfront.

Unlike Gekas who was great in the pre-season and trials but hasn't show

the same consistency once the competition started.

The thing that impresses me about Mantzios is his ability on the ball, good

control, great technique for a tall lad ..... 100 times better than Kostantinou.

I remember the Udinese game in the 1st half where he was cornered with

his back to a defender and beautiful turned the ball with his right foot

and beat him easily only to be fouled .... beautiful manouvre.

The one thing he lacks if anything is strength and something that

I hope will gain under the guidance of Spry.

Guest Protathlitis7

mantzios' ability is growing exponentially with every game it seems......the kid was mediocre at the begining of the year now hes gonna be the 1st forward to cement down a starting spot this year....i think we will see him grabbing the ethniki spot too....

what do you mean he was mediocre at the start of the year? you mean his form?

do you still think Gekas is much better than him? your 'aderfoi' I would say have made up their minds about who is better now :rolleyes:

what do you mean he was mediocre at the start of the year? you mean his form?

do you still think Gekas is much better than him? your 'aderfoi' I would say have made up their minds about who is better now :rolleyes:

Mantzios in the first couple games wasnt impressive or resembling like he would start this year.

Right now hes much better than Gkekas- but if Gkekas can come back to his form from mid last year hell be back.....PAO has great forwards and depth its so hard to choose....

its still do early to make up minds who is better though. honestly its not important as long as they both give their full effort and support for the team for wherever they play/sit the bench

There are great forwards like: Olisadebe

Promising forewards like: Manzios, Togerlle

and abaloi pou mono kanoun gia ta horafia Papadopoulos, Gekas (If it wasn't for Kostadinou being next to them doing all the work for both of them at diffrent times, they would hardly ever score any goals...)

A minor point I would like to raise:

At one stage, Leo Mineiro runs for the ball, stretches his arm backwards and hits Andric in the face. This is very reminiscent of the incident between Kotsios and dOkkas! Again this happened in front of the linesman. Straight red card? I don't think so. Maybe a yellow? Nope. Should have been a foul though because the intention is there. Aaaa, I forgot... something that distinguishes the two incidences einai to theatriliki tou dOkka! I also forgot the omnipresent paragka :rolleyes:

I remember this as well,,it was almost the same situation as with gavros.....and it almost cost as a goal as the Xanthi player bgike monos apo plagia...

Anyway, I also saw tha game from supersport and I saw in some occasions Malezana showing players to go back(opposing to grace)!!I feel that in every game we will see the same thing, if we score first we go back...and if we are lucky(kalamaria) we maybe get a second...KATENATSIO!

Einai mikros proponitis se megali omada...nhsafi pia!

p.s. Den einai nootropia auti!!!pali repo tous edwse....tempelhdes exoune katanthsei!!!

There are great forwards like: Olisadebe

Promising forewards like: Manzios, Togerlle

and abaloi pou mono kanoun gia ta horafia Papadopoulos, Gekas (If it wasn't for Kostadinou being next to them doing all the work for both of them at diffrent times, they would hardly ever score any goals...)

PAPADOPOULOS AMPALLOS?????????? GIA TA XWRAFIA???????????

Mallon esy eisai ampallos filarako! Nai men den dianuei kai tromerh periodo formas, alla mhn ksexnas pws autos kanei thn vrwmikh douleia sthn epi8esh. Trexei (mporei na stripsei), moirazei assists ston Mantzio, exei fovero kontrol kai genika to katexei to topi. Se parapempw sthn xronia 2003-2004 ka8ws kai sto ksekinhma ths persunhs sezon, opou ekane orgia!

O Gkekas gia thn Kallithea h' akoma kai gia ton Ioniko kalos einai!

I remember this as well,,it was almost the same situation as with gavros.....and it almost cost as a goal as the Xanthi player bgike monos apo plagia...

Anyway, I also saw tha game from supersport and I saw in some occasions Malezana showing players to go back(opposing to grace)!!I feel that in every game we will see the same thing, if we score first we go back...and if we are lucky(kalamaria) we maybe get a second...KATENATSIO!

p.s. Den einai nootropia auti!!!pali repo tous edwse....tempelhdes exoune katanthsei!!!

Egw thymamai to Male na tous fwnazei kai na xtypietai gia na bgoun pio mprosta....Eksallou kai oi idioi oi paixtes dilwsan oti den eixan entoli gia na gyrisoun pisw,apla oso pernouse i wra etsi tous ebgaine....Ase pou an o Male ithele na meinoun pisw de tha ebaze Tziwli kai Leontiou...Giati ap'ti stigmi pou tous ebale stathikame sta podia mas... ;)

An se kapoia fasi o Male edeixne na gyrisoun pisw isws itan se kamia fasi pou ekane epithesi i Ksanthi kai eixe ksexastei kapoios paixtis...

Egw thymamai to Male na tous fwnazei kai na xtypietai gia na bgoun pio mprosta....Eksallou kai oi idioi oi paixtes dilwsan oti den eixan entoli gia na gyrisoun pisw,apla oso pernouse i wra etsi tous ebgaine....Ase pou an o Male ithele na meinoun pisw de tha ebaze Tziwli kai Leontiou...Giati ap'ti stigmi pou tous ebale stathikame sta podia mas... ;)

An se kapoia fasi o Male edeixne na gyrisoun pisw isws itan se kamia fasi pou ekane epithesi i Ksanthi kai eixe ksexastei kapoios paixtis...

An einai etsi, pou itan i omada se olo to deutero imixrono...????enw sto prwto, ontws imastan poly kaloi kai epithetikoi.....Mono sto 90 thymamai auti ti fasi tou Wooter.

Kai an ontws oi paixtes gyrisan apo monoi tous, kapoios ftaiei gia tin nootropia pou tous exei, i pou den tous exei perasei...

Epimenw oti kalo to plano san skepsi, wraiotatoi oloi oi mikroi mas alla mallon den dialeksan ton katallilo proponiti...

p.s. makari na'xe deiksei i doiikisi tosi anoxi mia fora ki enan kairo me ton Santos.......

Archived