Phantis Forums

Australia - Greece

plato-ny

Boys...It's going to be a tense match...not just a friendly. Australia will go all out for a win to gain confidence into the WC to say "we beat the euro champions" Also Gus and Otto will have their own little battle going on. Most importantly new players coming into the NT now so im sure current and older palyers are feeling the pressure of being benched or out.  :(

They have estimated 65,000 fans will be the aussies...the are not just Anglo's but Cros, Skops, Turks and other losers that want to see us go down.... anyone wants to go the the MCG with their Aussie jersey and hold the Greek flag can sit in the "gay section"  :o

The Hellas boys in section M1 to M7 will show how its done."Trelokomio sytle"  :gr:

Posted Image

90 % of Turkish People supported Greece in the EC 2004 in Portugal.

There is no such feeling how you desribe ...

;)

Thats like saying 90% of the Albanians and 90% of the Slav-Macedonians were rooting for us...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boys...It's going to be a tense match...not just a friendly. Australia will go all out for a win to gain confidence into the WC to say "we beat the euro champions" Also Gus and Otto will have their own little battle going on. Most importantly new players coming into the NT now so im sure current and older palyers are feeling the pressure of being benched or out.

Boys...It's going to be a tense match...not just a friendly. Australia will go all out for a win to gain confidence into the WC to say "we beat the euro champions" Also Gus and Otto will have their own little battle going on. Most importantly new players coming into the NT now so im sure current and older palyers are feeling the pressure of being benched or out.  :(

They have estimated 65,000 fans will be the aussies...the are not just Anglo's but Cros, Skops, Turks and other losers that want to see us go down.... anyone wants to go the the MCG with their Aussie jersey and hold the Greek flag can sit in the "gay section"  :o

The Hellas boys in section M1 to M7 will show how its done."Trelokomio sytle"  :gr:

Posted Image

90 % of Turkish People supported Greece in the EC 2004 in Portugal.

There is no such feeling how you desribe ...

;)

Thats like saying 90% of the Albanians and 90% of the Slav-Macedonians were rooting for us...
yes i would agree but also turks abroad are probably a much different story....it also seems greeks abroad hate turks way more than in greece.

yes i would agree but also turks abroad are probably a much different story....it also seems greeks abroad hate turks way more than in greece.

This is because of the system abroad. When living it abroad it depends on whether one holds onto Hellenism or not.

The Greeks who have held on to their Hellenistic ideals do maintian that anti-Turkish feeling because of experiences, meaning they live the pain everyday. Greeks in Britian for example realise that the British are the main obstacle to lasting peace in Cyprus, because of this there is a resentment. Greeks in Greece don't even realise how anti-Greek Britain is so there is no effect. Same goes with Turks. In Greece there isn't the question of having Turkish gangs mugging Greek kids or have that fake Turkish Cypriot flag on every shop in Pireaus like they do in Dalston in London. Those who have not held tightly to their Hellenic ideals are the ones who aren't bothered by things like that. They don't care if Britain is politically persecuting Cyprus. Because of this they become anglicised and theirs son and daughters befriend Turks to the extent where they sleep with Turks.

Because these experiences aren't witnessed first hand in Greece the pain isn't fresh and the rivalry is not renewed. This is the same in Australia, Canada, U.S., etc. The one way to realise how tightly one holds onto their Hellenic ideals when abroad is through the way the individual identifies himself. If someone says I'm Australian-Greek, English-Greek, Greek-American, etc, then they haven't held on to their Hellenic ideals as strongly. (This is bound to cause controversy, but it's just an observation). To consider oneself as being a combination of nationalities when you're not so according to blood is a paradox. And that is when the passion for your nation and people begins to fade and you stop taking an interest in history. Before I get bombarded with abuse from people who consider themselves Aussie-Greeks, etc, I'll state that this is a generalisation of course but it is a truthful observation.

Well said Akritis_1944 and Ethnikistis ;)

I hope to see so many vocal Hellas supporters cheering the NT all the way..as many people have pointed out 30,000 Hellas supporters will out do the green and psofio yellow army :LOL:

Well said Akritis_1944 and Ethnikistis ;)

I hope to see so many vocal Hellas supporters cheering the NT all the way..as many people have pointed out 30,000 Hellas supporters will out do the green and psofio yellow army :LOL:

Min anisihas, 3-1.

Viduka to open the scoring to get them excited after 10 mins.

Samara to equalise on 40 mins with a header from a Seitaridi cross.

Giannakopoulo bursts through 1 on 1 and slides it past the keeper on 60 mins.

Karagounis picks it up 40 yards out, takes on 2 players and drills it in to the back of the net from 35 yards in the last 2 mins!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Min anisihas, 3-1.

Viduka to open the scoring to get them excited after 10 mins.

Samara to equalise on 40 mins with a header from a Seitaridi cross.

Giannakopoulo bursts through 1 on 1 and slides it past the keeper on 60 mins.

Karagounis picks it up 40 yards out, takes on 2 players and drills it in to the back of the net from 35 yards in the last 2 mins!

that would make my night, cant wait for this game its gonna be trella in the stadium

The Greeks who have held on to their Hellenistic ideals do maintian that anti-Turkish feeling because of experiences, meaning they live the pain everyday. They don't care if Britain is politically persecuting Cyprus. Because of this they become anglicised and theirs son and daughters befriend Turks to the extent where they sleep with Turks.

i dont experience much tension between greeks and turks in germany.

as for greeks in greece not caring thats wrong. they care and show it. the problem is they sometimes go overboard for the wrong cause i.e. the extreme support of serbia.

i agree though that many diaspora greeks are more traditionally oriented than the greeks in greece. at least in germany. i think in australia, us, and england it may be different because the brainwash in the schoolsystem maybe stronger. just an hypothesis i don t know.

as for greek daughters in greece sleeping with turks thats a little far fetched, dont you think? although basically you are right, things have turned xalia with the greek youth but we won tbe able to change that.

i don t see the english-greek thing as hard as you point out. if you live in another country and dont see yourself as part of this country you should return to greece immediately. i would find it strange to live in germany and take all the benefits this may offer yet always proclaiming i am greek and have no connection to whatever happens here. greece and most greeks in greece never did anything for me. and if you go to greece most will see you as the foreigner you probably are..

as for greek daughters in greece sleeping with turks thats a little far fetched, dont you think? although basically you are right, things have turned xalia with the greek youth but we won tbe able to change that.

I meant Greek youth abroad! In London the Greeks who have been anglicized have Turkish partners or close friends, etc.

i don t see the english-greek thing as hard as you point out. if you live in another country and dont see yourself as part of this country you should return to greece immediately. i would find it strange to live in germany and take all the benefits this may offer yet always proclaiming i am greek and have no connection to whatever happens here.

Proclaiming a nationality with two countries is a paradox! For example, being English-Greek. The English have a history of persecuting Hellenism and backing Turkey. Whether you go as far back as the Fourth Crusade or Anthony Eden's appraoch to enosis, or even the persecution of Cyprus today following the rejection of the Annan Plan. If one is a true Greek, that is to say has genuine love for his people and country, how could he feel a connection with Britain??? By your thought process should Greeks in Constantinople feel a connection with Turkey too???

greece and most greeks in greece never did anything for me. .

This is precisely the problem. Being Greek doesn't mean the country has to have done something for you!!! What have you done for your country??

and if you go to greece most will see you as the foreigner you probably are.

This is because of the poor mentality that has to change. We are one people, and we must learn to be unified. I find it disgraceful that more rivalry is generated between PAO vs Olympiakos than a Greek side versus a foreign side.

We are one nation, one people and we should have one common goal.

:gr:

I meant Greek youth abroad! In London the Greeks who have been anglicized have Turkish partners or close friends, etc.

ok i misunderstood you.

but having turkish friends doesn t make you a prodoti.

Proclaiming a nationality with two countries is a paradox! For example, being English-Greek. The English have a history of persecuting Hellenism and backing Turkey. Whether you go as far back as the Fourth Crusade or Anthony Eden's appraoch to enosis, or even the persecution of Cyprus today following the rejection of the Annan Plan. If one is a true Greek, that is to say has genuine love for his people and country, how could he feel a connection with Britain??? By your thought process should Greeks in Constantinople feel a connection with Turkey too???

the difference is the greeks in constantinople were there before the turks came. the greeks in england came to england. if they don t like it they can leave...

many english people don t like the war in iraq. there is a difference between the government and the people as in nearly every country. but i agree england sucks in regards to their postiton on greek issues. as does germany, the us, and every other country of the world...

This is precisely the problem. Being Greek doesn't mean the country has to have done something for you!!! What have you done for your country??

that kennedy quote sounds very anglicised to me...

i did my military service, buy only greek products whenever i can. support greece and cyprus through money loans and spend lots of cash there each year. i don t buy cds from the mavroi and travel with olympic airlines only.

This is because of the poor mentality that has to change. We are one people, and we must learn to be unified. I find it disgraceful that more rivalry is generated between PAO vs Olympiakos than a Greek side versus a foreign side.gr:

the greatest enemy of a greek was always another greek. throughout all our history the only constant were traitors...

only in the diaspora is there some sort of unity. if you are not careful in greece you ethnikistis will get ripped off at every corner. not from the albanians but from your own people that you so genuinly love. very christian behavior i have to revere.

birth is a physical tranistion out of the womb---who gives a s%$#! on what imaginary lines (any nation) its actually in, its meaningless. The blood and culture one is born with (culture raised with rather) is a billion times more significant.......(technically i should say any positive number, it wouldnt matter since the significance of what physical location u exited the womb from would be worth 0) so dont tell people theyre australian because it was their parents decision to move/abandon ship there :P there - if they could have found good jobs in Greece they would have stayed and it would all be different. Someone does not turn australian because their father had to find a job there.... (sorry if thats not making any sense)

more importantly:

our leontaria will ravage the kangaroos.........

2-0 with Mantzios and Giannakopoulos scorer

Yia sou re magale! Great post!

the difference is the greeks in constantinople were there before the turks came. the greeks in england came to england. if they don t like it they can leave...

That's not strictly true is it? When the British abandon all their bases in foreign countries, inc Cyprus then I'm sure people will gladly go back! They use our nation we'll use theirs for economic betterment, or education at higher ranked universities, etc.

many english people don t like the war in iraq. there is a difference between the government and the people as in nearly every country.

The government is supposed to represent the people though! As for the war in Iraq it took place before the elections why are Labour still in power??? As for Cyprus, the English are the number one buyers (illegally) of property in Northern Cyprus! There is no difference between them and their government! Same principles apply with U.S, Australia etc.

i did my military service, buy only greek products whenever i can. support greece and cyprus through money loans and spend lots of cash there each year. i don t buy cds from the mavroi and travel with olympic airlines only.

Bravo! That's how it should be! Everyone should be like that. The reason the Jews are in such prominent positions is because they support eachother!

the greatest enemy of a greek was always another greek. throughout all our history the only constant were traitors...

I agree, the plague of Hellenism is traitors, but just because iprhoun 10 malakes doesn't mean we have to have a negative feeling to all other Greeks. There was a great topic going on in the politics boards about whether Dora Pakoyianni is a traitor or not, you might want to check it out.

if you are not careful in greece you ethnikistis will get ripped off at every corner. not from the albanians but from your own people that you so genuinly love. very christian behavior i have to revere.

Again my friend I agree, but why are they (the ones who would con me or you) like that? Again this is down to education. Every day we are teaching eachother to hate other Greeks that is ridiculous! I'm an Olympiakos fan but when PAO knocked out Wisla I was going nuts! Why? Because they are Greek, related through blood. What do I care if a section of Greeks are rich or poor, right wing or left wing, etc. All that matters is that they are Greek. Nation and people have and continue to persecute Greeks, if we turn on eachother too, what is left of Hellenism?

That's not strictly true is it? When the British abandon all their bases in foreign countries, inc Cyprus then I'm sure people will gladly go back! They use our nation we'll use theirs for economic betterment, or education at higher ranked universities, etc.

The government is supposed to represent the people though! As for the war in Iraq it took place before the elections why are Labour still in power??? As for Cyprus, the English are the number one buyers (illegally) of property in Northern Cyprus! There is no difference between them and their government! Same principles apply with U.S, Australia etc.

Bravo! That's how it should be! Everyone should be like that. The reason the Jews are in such prominent positions is because they support eachother!

I agree, the plague of Hellenism is traitors, but just because iprhoun 10 malakes doesn't mean we have to have a negative feeling to all other Greeks. There was a great topic going on in the politics boards about whether Dora Pakoyianni is a traitor or not, you might want to check it out.

Again my friend I agree, but why are they (the ones who would con me or you) like that? Again this is down to education. Every day we are teaching eachother to hate other Greeks that is ridiculous! I'm an Olympiakos fan but when PAO knocked out Wisla I was going nuts! Why? Because they are Greek, related through blood. What do I care if a section of Greeks are rich or poor, right wing or left wing, etc. All that matters is that they are Greek. Nation and people have and continue to persecute Greeks, if we turn on eachother too, what is left of Hellenism?

Ethnikistis and others make some very good points and some other points that I don't really agree with. Maybe this isn't the forum for this type of discussion, but here goes anyway.

First off, in the last year I have been to the US (twice), Canada and only weeks ago I returned from Greece and I can say with some perspective that the majority of Greeks who were born or live in Australia are just as proud (if not MORE) of their heritage (background/ethnicity/roots et al) than, dare I say it...even the people in Greece.

In Australia I have never heard of a Turk getting with a Greek. I don't know what happens in London, but this would be regarded as an urban myth in Greek-Australia community.

I don't keep records of which Ellinides are giving pipes to tourkoi etc.

The Greeks in Canada and the US are a lot more assimilated into these countries.

I feel a sense of freedom to call myself whatever I want without feeling that I am victimised, but in saying this there are racists where ever you go and I have experienced a few myself because of my long surname or because I regard feta cheese as the God of cheese...etc etc

What annoys me however is the jingoistic and blind nationalism that some Greeks have (Applies to all Greeks, not just diaspora Greeks). Let me explain what I mean by stating the following truths:

1 ) The "King" or any of his descendants are never going to reclaim the throne over HELLAS.

2 ) Constantinople - now known to nearly everyone in the world as Istanbul - will never be part, or even the capital of modern Hellas. This is also includes current territories in modern Turkey, Albania etc.

3) Cyprus will never be a united nation with Hellas. Enosi is nothing but a pipe dream.

Some Greeks strongly believe that the above is Greeces destiny and will happen. Well, I think that these thoughts make us look bad and not only make us look like fascistic rednecks, but to actually believe that they will happen make us look like a stupid people.

Also, as I have just returned from Greece recently, let me say that the vast majority of Greeks I met have such an insular view of what the world is really like, that they are delusional.

Greece is regarded pretty poorly by many countries (USA, UK). As these countries control the English world then this is the dominant view in English speaking countries.

An example is the following, Greeks think that Greek olive oil is the best in the world. I personally would agree to that, but as I have travelled and experienced things from other countries in the world I have come across the general opinion that Greek olive oil is considered by far the most inferior to Italian and even Spanish oil and that the Greek stuff actually is compared to lawn clippings in taste.

When you try to explain to a Greek in Greece that the world doesn't love Greek olive oil as much as they think, they accuse you of being a moron, or even worse - a traitor! Even though when you walk into most supermarkets in Australia, Canada or the US you would be hard pressed on finding a Greek olive oil amongst the dozen Italian and Spanish!

Another issue I have with Ellada's Greeks is that they think the whole world is with them on the Macedonian issue. Just because the known history validates Greece's claim to Mega Alexandros and the Macedonia name, they think the whole world sees it like that.

But when you explain to them that there are communities (mainly slavs) in Belgium, and espcially Australia and Canada who are putting anti Greek propaganda against the Hellenic position and for their nationalistic and historically revisionist agenda, Ellada thinks that this is science fiction and the issue will be resolved in Greeces favour!

This issue has been going on for over 15 years and no one in Greece understands the extent that the rest of the world is apathetic to Greece's claims on Macedonia. All I know that in Melbourne Australia the State government would not ecognise the slavs as "Macedonians" because of the local (NOT GREECE's) strong Greek population.

Finally, I will have to strongly agree that some of these uppity and condescending Brits (majority being English) are extremely anti-Hellenic. I can't remember the number of times I have heard an English commentator refer to a football team or player from Greece in a such a negative and patronising way.

And like Ethnikistis said, the BBC was hell-bent on criticising the Athens 2004 Olympics - before they even started!

Shame on these racist <UNTS!

No matter where you live, the way you show that you as a proud Greek are better than these people is by showing that you're above them. We don't need to jump down peoples throats when we feel Greece or Greeks are attacked.

In football we beat their /\55ES and let them whinge...case in point being the Euro 2004.

In every other sport Greece is on another level that the Brits can't compare to us, so it's not worth making a comparison.

Also another thing...Greece's and Greeks worst enemies are their fellow Greeks.

Greeces richest family the Latsis's owe a lot of their fortune and good fortune to collaborating with the Nazis during their occupation of Hellas in WWII.

Yiannis Latsis preferred to turn on his own people for nazi blood money so his retarded grand children can jump around like clowns with cheap slags like paris hilton.

In Australia I have never heard of a Turk getting with a Greek. I don't know what happens in London, but this would be regarded as an urban myth in Greek-Australia community.

I don't keep records of which Ellinides are giving pipes to tourkoi etc.

Lol. Neither do I, but in London it's extremely obvious. Areas such as Bayswater, Palmers Green, Southgate, Wood Green and Edmonton are the neighberhoods with a large Greek community. With the exception of Bayswater, there is also a large Turkish community there too, and you see what everyone gets up to.

What annoys me however is the jingoistic and blind nationalism that some Greeks have (Applies to all Greeks, not just diaspora Greeks). Let me explain what I mean by stating the following truths:

1 ) The "King" or any of his descendants are never going to reclaim the throne over HELLAS.

2 ) Constantinople - now known to nearly everyone in the world as Istanbul - will never be part, or even the capital of modern Hellas. This is also includes current territories in modern Turkey, Albania etc.

3) Cyprus will never be a united nation with Hellas. Enosi is nothing but a pipe dream.

I am not a nationalist in the blinkered sense, I am merely truly patriotic. For example, (1) I don't want the King back! Instead of thinking about the best interests of Greece his mind was on how to bang Vouyiouklaki! Royals aren't even Greek anyway!

(2 & 3) Retaining Constantinople is a fanatasy as you say, but does that mean we should forget history? As for Enosis, Britian's offer in WW1, the Atlantic Charter (1941), and other aspects grant the prospect of enosis with a legal right! Having said this I'm not some nut that screams for war to reclaim it all! What Eoka B did was disgraceful, turning on their own people, and I am very pro-Makario (even though he made mistakes). Doesn't sound like your typical blind nationalist does it? The reason we cannot stop dreaming and wanting Constantinople and enosis is because then we deny legal rights. For example, the Annan Plan was a ridiculous plan supporting merely Turkey! Thus, if we forget that they were in the wrong imagine how much worse it would've been? We may never acheive a greater Greece, but we can't stop dreaming. Again, you should check out the post on the politics board titled 'Bakoyianni.' Talks about all of this.

Greece is regarded pretty poorly by many countries (USA, UK). As these countries control the English world then this is the dominant view in English speaking countries.

But these are the countries that are regarded poorly by the rest of the world!!! Look at the Eurovision as an example! We all know that the quality of the song rarely features, it's a popularity contest, why are the UK always finishing with hardly any points??? The reason the UK and the US regard us in a negative light is because we are a spanner in the works! We don't fit in with their global plans for world domination.

As for the Olive Oil, lol. In Britain it's considered the best oil too. Perhaps Greek wine is a better example. For Greeks its the best, for everyone else it's piss! :LOL: Nonetheless this is unimportant. Like the rest of the world isn't like that too? That links in with national pride. French think they have the nicest language, Italians the best cuisine, the German's the best cars, the British just think they are the best at everything! It's natural.

Another issue I have with Ellada's Greeks is that they think the whole world is with them on the Macedonian issue. Just because the known history validates Greece's claim to Mega Alexandros and the Macedonia name, they think the whole world sees it like that.

The majority of the world does see it in Greece's favour. Slavs as you say are not neutral in the situation and we know the U.S. & UK positions and we know why, but generally the world understands the Greek position even if they are apathetic. Whether it will be resolved or not is a diff question, but atleast their is passionate Greek feeling about it. Would you rather Greeks didn't care?

All I know that in Melbourne Australia the State government would not ecognise the slavs as "Macedonians" because of the local (NOT GREECE's) strong Greek population.

If that's the case why does Australia openly back Turkey's accession to the EU as well as the Annan Plan? Australia couldn't give a toss about Greece, their allegiance lies with Britain, hence, why I was saying that a connection between two countries, i.e. Australian-Greek, Greek-American, etc, is a paradox!

Finally, I will have to strongly agree that some of these uppity and condescending Brits (majority being English) are extremely anti-Hellenic. I can't remember the number of times I have heard an English commentator refer to a football team or player from Greece in a such a negative and patronising way.

And like Ethnikistis said, the BBC was hell-bent on criticising the Athens 2004 Olympics - before they even started!

Shame on these racist <UNTS!

No matter where you live, the way you show that you as a proud Greek are better than these people is by showing that you're above them. We don't need to jump down peoples throats when we feel Greece or Greeks are attacked.

I agree my friend, we shouldn't jump down their throats, HOWEVER, we must make our fellow Greeks aware. How many Greeks talk of being British-Greek, how can that be with situations as the above??? I don't jump down Anglous throats, but it pisses me off to hear a Greek say that Britain is part of them too! It's a paradox, and the same applies to U.S., Canada, Aus, etc.

Also another thing...Greece's and Greeks worst enemies are their fellow Greeks.

Greeces richest family the Latsis's owe a lot of their fortune and good fortune to collaborating with the Nazis during their occupation of Hellas in WWII.

Yiannis Latsis preferred to turn on his own people for nazi blood money so his retarded grand children can jump around like clowns with cheap slags like paris hilton.

But are they greek? Check out their family lines.

With the exception of Bayswater, there is also a large Turkish community there too, and you see what everyone gets up to.

thats personal decision. its not like platos republic were we can decide who has sex with whom.

3) Cyprus will never be a united nation with Hellas. Enosi is nothing but a pipe dream

For example, the Annan Plan was a ridiculous plan supporting merely Turkey! Thus, if we forget that they were in the wrong imagine how much worse it would've been? We may never acheive a greater Greece, but we can't stop dreaming. Again, you should check out the post on the politics board titled 'Bakoyianni.' Talks about all of this.[/color][/b]

The majority of the world does see it in Greece's favour. Slavs as you say are not neutral in the situation and we know the U.S. & UK positions and we know why, but generally the world understands the Greek position even if they are apathetic. Whether it will be resolved or not is a diff question, but atleast their is passionate Greek feeling about it. Would you rather Greeks didn't care?

well i think we should definitely go for the status quo in cyprus. else we run the risk of losing everything. any sort of unification with the north we will lose in the long run. we are too degenerated and lazy to win their demographic war...

as for fyrom nobody is on greece side. basically because hardly any country can understand what this means for greece. to everybody in the best case its just a name. how can some american understand what that means when he lives in athens, georgia...or some silly brit in bradford who lost the whole town and thinks its cool. they don t understand these matters. same goes for cyprus.

I don't jump down Anglous throats, but it pisses me off to hear a Greek say that Britain is part of them too! It's a paradox, and the same applies to U.S., Canada, Aus, etc.[/color][/b]

if you are born in britain and live there then britain is also part of your identity. you are different from a greek from greece. they willsee it and you will see it. i am proud to be a lazogermano although i know the negative connotation of it.

thats personal decision. its not like platos republic were we can decide who has sex with whom.

I wasn't passing judgement, merely making an observation about Greeks who become overly assimilated into a foreign society. Also, have you read Plato's Republic? What does it have to do with sex?

well i think we should definitely go for the status quo in cyprus. else we run the risk of losing everything. any sort of unification with the north we will lose in the long run. we are too degenerated and lazy to win their demographic war...

I don't mean to be condescending, I'm sorry if it comes across that way, but maybe you should read up on the Cyprus issue and its history before making a judgement like that. To accept the Status Quo is to legalise the invasion and pass over half of a historically Greek island to Turkey. The partition is exactly what Turkey wants, read up on the Deniz ship (1959) for proof. That might not matter to you, being a self proclaimed German-Greek, but I assure you it matters to the Cypriots.

as for fyrom nobody is on greece side. basically because hardly any country can understand what this means for greece. to everybody in the best case its just a name. how can some american understand what that means when he lives in athens, georgia...or some silly brit in bradford who lost the whole town and thinks its cool. they don t understand these matters. same goes for cyprus.

If they don't understand it is our job to make them understand, not just forget the whole thing!

if you are born in britain and live there then britain is also part of your identity. you are different from a greek from greece. they willsee it and you will see it. i am proud to be a lazogermano although i know the negative connotation of it.

No it isn't part of my identity. I may be different from a Greek from mainland Greece but I am still Greek. After all Greeks from Thessaloniki are different from Athenians, Greeks from Kavala are different from Greeks from Cyprus, nonetheless they are all Greek. I would never proclaim a connection with, or, pleadge allegiance to Britain!

I don't mean to be condescending, I'm sorry if it comes across that way, but maybe you should read up on the Cyprus issue and its history before making a judgement like that. To accept the Status Quo is to legalise the invasion and pass over half of a historically Greek island to Turkey. The partition is exactly what Turkey wants, read up on the Deniz ship (1959) for proof.  That might not matter to you, being a self proclaimed German-Greek, but I assure you it matters to the Cypriots.

If they don't understand it is our job to make them understand, not just forget the whole thing!

first off because cyprus does matter to me, i have this opinion. it is the only way. there have to be two states with fixed borders. ideally the north as isolated as it was some years ago, only recognized by turkey. if we lose the border, we lose cyprus. sooner or later turkish cypriots will move into the south. together with the arabs we will have a muslim majority on the island in less than 20 years. greeks will move away. they win the demographic war and the land.

what other option is there?? we will lose every demographic battle against them and thus everything. at least now we still have half the island. everything else is a dream.

I wasn't passing judgement, merely making an observation about Greeks who become overly assimilated into a foreign society. Also, have you read Plato's Republic? What does it have to do with sex?

I don't mean to be condescending, I'm sorry if it comes across that way, but maybe you should read up on the Cyprus issue and its history before making a judgement like that. To accept the Status Quo is to legalise the invasion and pass over half of a historically Greek island to Turkey. The partition is exactly what Turkey wants, read up on the Deniz ship (1959) for proof. That might not matter to you, being a self proclaimed German-Greek, but I assure you it matters to the Cypriots.

No it isn't part of my identity. I may be different from a Greek from mainland Greece but I am still Greek. After all Greeks from Thessaloniki are different from Athenians, Greeks from Kavala are different from Greeks from Cyprus, nonetheless they are all Greek. I would never proclaim a connection with, or, pleadge allegiance to Britain!

You my friend have to learn that there are Turkish-Greeks in Greece and Greek-Turks in Turkey..... I know guys like you cant understand this but it is reality....

I wrote this cause you wrote something about Saloniki....

If you believe in a blood theory than you havent learned the lesson that the whole world has learned.... if oyu believe that ,,greek blood'' is more valuable than ,,other'' blood in the world you are really a old fashioned little boy ..... maybe youre eduaction is not high enough to understand that we live in wolrd that belongs all people who share the same values...

...This is also the idea of the European Union which Greece is a part of... Greece is European cuase its shares the values of Europe and not cause it people has ,,greek blood''......

I hope god will give you a little bit illumination.....PEACE.#

You speak like a philosopher Galatasaray and i like that.But have you ever said this thinks to yourkind?(i dont say this with malice).You say that you live in Germany.You want me to believe that there the Turks have become Germans?That you forgot your roots?That you are citizens of the world and things like that?

I believed that too-that we are all the same s**t-but i ve changed my mind.I live in Italy for the last 10 years and the people here are not what i expected.I am proud so proud that i am Hellinas.You can not imagine how proud.

I met people from all over Europe and Dutch apart,they all, but i say all think that they are the best race of the universe.

Well my friend i can not accept this. After all, we are the eldest(oldest?) in this neighberhood.

You speak like a philosopher Galatasaray and i like that.But have you ever said this thinks to yourkind?(i dont say this with malice).You say that you live in Germany.You want me to believe that there the Turks have become Germans?That you forgot your roots?That you are citizens of the world and things like that?

I believed that too-that we are all the same s**t-but i ve changed my mind.I live in Italy for the last 10 years and the people here are not what i expected.I am proud so proud that i am Hellinas.You can not imagine how proud.

I met people from all over Europe and Dutch apart,they all, but i say all think that they are the best race of the universe.

Well my friend i can not accept this. After all, we are the eldest(oldest?) in this neighberhood.

I can really feel how you feel cause I feel the same ....(sounds ugly I know)

I undersand what you say very much...

The reason is that our cultures carries values which are very important for us. I have here Greek friends and believe me when I say in some points Greeks and Turks feel the same way.... We dont want to loose our values and our culture and if you look to the dutch and Germans sorry I must say that : But they havent got these values that I know from Turkey....

Peace my brother.

I must say that a healthy patriotism helps you to respect other people... So if someone is proud to be a greek than I know he also has the same respect to other people that he has for his own...

Its like Mathematics.... X=X --> 1=1 (true)

Well I want to discredit the statement that some have made and that I have heard before, the one about that Greeks of the diaspora are more nationalistic or hold on to hatreds for Turks more than Greeks in Greece.

It's very simple and obvious why Greeks in Greece might not hang onto deep hatred or resentment to Turks and that is that they have NO direct or contact on a personal level with Turks!

A Greek in Greece hears news about Turks but rarely has any face to face contact with a Turk as there are no cross cultural contact between the two countries. How many Turks live in the Athens suburbs? Maybe 1 or 2. You will never have to encounter them if you are a Greek in Greece (unless you live on Chios and you come across the odd Turkish boat).

However in Australia, if you are a Greek that lives in say the suburb of Auburn or Fawkner in Sydney, then you will encounter a Turk on your way to the agora or your neighbours will quite possibly be Turkish.

Differences arise because thse people have daily contact and the issues between the 2 communities are brought out.

Greeks in Greece (for the most part) are insulated from all of this as they don't deal with hostile Turks or Skopianoi. They have little grasp of what these people from these countries feel about Greeks.

SO when a Greek in Greeks makes the claim that Greeks from the e3oteriko are living in the past with their views, then the correct response would be that the people in Greece are living behind an insular curtain and are basically ignorant (I believe the word in Greek is anoiti).

You my friend have to learn that there are Turkish-Greeks in Greece and Greek-Turks in Turkey..... I know guys like you cant understand this but it is reality....

I wrote this cause you wrote something about Saloniki....

If you believe in a blood theory than you havent learned the lesson that the whole world has learned.... if oyu believe that ,,greek blood'' is more valuable than ,,other'' blood in the world you are really a old fashioned little boy ..... maybe youre eduaction is not high enough to understand that we live in wolrd that belongs all people who share the same values...

Did you see me write that Greek blood is more valuable than anyone else's???

...This is also the idea of the European Union which Greece is a part of... Greece is European cuase its shares the values of Europe and not cause it people has ,,greek blood''......

I hope god will give you a little bit illumination.....PEACE.#

The European Union is an illusion. It is merely a business venture. Britain doesn't share the same values as Greece, France doesn't share the same values as Poland, etc. If the European Union was based on shared values a country like Turkey, who illegally occupies half an EU country, continually flies war planes over Greek airspace (another EU nation), has an appalling human rights record, persecutes Kurds and religious minorities, harbours a terrorist in Kemal Akin who is wanted by Interpole, refuses to acknowledge the Armenian genocide and has attempted to introduce new Islamic laws such as making adultery a capital punishment, would be sanctioned let alone considered for entry!

To suggest that the EU is a philosophically-based institution where shared values count is ridiculous. The only reason Turkey is getting a look in is to continue the advancement of control in the pursuit of world domination! The only true unification people have is among their own people, and even that appears to be crumbling in Greece.

As fo my education, and illumination, don't patronise me, I'll quote from Philosophers that you don't even know exist because when we were enlightened you were swinging from trees.

Archived