Phantis Forums

Australia - Greece

plato-ny

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game has been confirmed for May 25th. It will be played in Melbourne. What remains to be determiuned is if the game will be played at the 97,000 seat Melbourne cricket Ground or at the 56,000 seat Telstra Dome.

97000 should be just fine :tup:

There will defintely be a large Greek population at the game. After all, Melbourne has the largest greek population outside of greece and third largest overall after Athens and Thessaloniki.

Europe / Johannesburg, South Africa City Population: 1.7 million Greek community (est.): 40,000

Europe / Stockholm, Sweden City Population: 1 million Greek community (est.): 7,000

Europe / Moscow, Russia City Population: 10 million Greek community (est.): 5,000

Europe / Odessa, Ukraine City Population: 1.2 million Greek community (est.): 6,000

Europe / Marioupolis, Ukraine City Population: 600,000 Greek community (est.): 150,000

Australia / Sydney, Australia City Population: 3.8 million Greek community (est.): 100,000

Australia / Melbourne, Australia City Population: 3.5 million Greek community (est.): 600,000

Europe / London, United Kingdom City Population: 7 million Greek community (est.): 210,000

Europe / Dusseldorf, Germany City Population: 570,000 Greek community (est.): 107,500

Europe / Brussels, Belgium City Population: 1 million Greek community (est.): 12,000

Europe / Paris, France City Population: 8 million Greek community (est.): 210,000

North America / Vancouver, Canada City Population: 1.4 million Greek community (est.) : 16,000

North America / San Francisco, CA, USA City Population: 6.5 million Greek community (est.) : 50,000

North America / Los Angeles, CA, USA City Population: 10-13 million Greek community (est.) : 70,000

North America / Ottawa, Canada City Population: 1 million Greek community (est.) : 5,000

North America / Montreal, Canada City Population: 3 million Greek community (est.) : 85,000

North America / Toronto, Canada City Population: 4 million Greek community (est.) : 190,000

North America / Boston, MA, USA City Population: 1 million Greek community (est.): 60,000

North America / New York, NY, USA City Population: 10 million Greek community (est.): 450,000 (metro area)

North America / Chicago, IL, USA City Population: 6 million (metro area) Greek community (est.): 300,000

North America / Atlanta, GA, USA City Population: 3.5 million Greek community (est.): 20,000

North America / Houston, Texas, USA City Population: 4 million Greek community (est.): 15,000.

Australia to play Greece friendly at MCG

SYDNEY, Feb 9 (Reuters) - Australia will play their World Cup warmup friendly against Greece at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on May 25, Football Federation Australia said on Thursday.

It will be the socceroos' last home game before the World Cup in Germany.

Australia's first Group F match is against Japan on June 12 in Kaiserslautern. Brazil and Croatia are the other teams in the group.

whoever lives in australia that is so goooood for you lucky bumps(just joking).i don t now what you guys are going to do, i want pictures from that game and the greek community there.again good for you guys. :gr:

• 1 month later...

:blink: Bought some of the $120 tickets afew days ago.... looking forward to the match....

As far as crowds go... the game will DEFINATLY be a sellout...

the crowd will be split 50/50 i think.... there will be ALOT of greek flags in the crowd.... :gr:

Being a greek born in australia... i still consider myself greek. I dont understand how pll can use the argument of "if your born in a country" blah blah blah.... thats crap...

So if i was born in China... should i think im a Chinese national...?? :blink:

At the end of the day.... its your blood that counts...

If Australia plays against any other team... i support them(as i would greece)...

but as they are playing against the EURO CHAMPS... there is no question who ill be following .....

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

the match is officially a sellout... 97,000!!!!!!!!

the noise will be unbelievable... cant wait B)

Socceroos clash with Greece sold out

Socceroos' World Cup send-off against Greece at the MCG next month has been fully subscribed, Football Federation Australia said.

The final tickets available for the May 25 match went on general sale from 9am on Tuesday morning and were sold within two hours.

Over 50,000 tickets had previously been snapped up by the FFA's football family, MCG members and sponsors.

The international friendly against the reigning European champions will be the Socceroos' only appearance in Australia before the World Cup in June.

"We always expected there would be huge demand for the match," said FFA chief executive John O'Neill.

"The (World Cup qualifier against Uruguay in Sydney last November) uniquely united the country like never before, and we are looking forward to seeing similar scenes at the MCG as a fitting send off to the team as they embark on our first World Cup campaign in 32 years."

The FFA hopes to put a small number of tickets on sale at a later date, in addition to tickets for sight-restricted seats.

Boys...It's going to be a tense match...not just a friendly. Australia will go all out for a win to gain confidence into the WC to say "we beat the euro champions" Also Gus and Otto will have their own little battle going on. Most importantly new players coming into the NT now so im sure current and older palyers are feeling the pressure of being benched or out. :(

They have estimated 65,000 fans will be the aussies...the are not just Anglo's but Cros, Skops, Turks and other losers that want to see us go down.... anyone wants to go the the MCG with their Aussie jersey and hold the Greek flag can sit in the "gay section" :o

The Hellas boys in section M1 to M7 will show how its done."Trelokomio sytle" :gr:

Posted Image

Boys...It's going to be a tense match...not just a friendly. Australia will go all out for a win to gain confidence into the WC to say "we beat the euro champions" Also Gus and Otto will have their own little battle going on. Most importantly new players coming into the NT now so im sure current and older palyers are feeling the pressure of being benched or out. :(

They have estimated 65,000 fans will be the aussies...the are not just Anglo's but Cros, Skops, Turks and other losers that want to see us go down.... anyone wants to go the the MCG with their Aussie jersey and hold the Greek flag can sit in the "gay section" :o

The Hellas boys in section M1 to M7 will show how its done."Trelokomio sytle" :gr:

Posted Image

90 % of Turkish People supported Greece in the EC 2004 in Portugal.

There is no such feeling how you desribe ...

;)

Archived