Phantis Forums

Greek Cup: Agrotikos Asteras - PAOK

Ziaka

On Thursday we play Agrotikos Asteras inthe Greek Cup. It's only one leg game and the winner goes to the next stage. Agrotikos Asteras is 3rd Division (they lead the north group) team and we should not have problems winning this game. Having said that though there can alway be suprises. Remember how we got eliminated by Kastoria last season?

Kostikos is planning on resting some of the main players. This means that some of the bench players will get playing time.

My predition is 3-1 for PAOK.

The game will be televised live on ET-1 in Greece, and on ERT-Sat throughout the rest of the World.

Ziaka thanks for the info about online broadcast. You are right the game could be tricky. I don't mean to make any comparisons, but apart from the kastoria game last season we should not forget the latest Aris tragedy when they were knocked out of the competition by panthrakikos ?(also 3rd division).

I 'd be very disappointed indeed if we concede any goals at all.

Kostikos will sit out 7 regulars in this game (Charalambous, Akyel, Udese, Hasiotis, Zagorakis, Tochoroglou, Feutchine, as well as the injured Andralas, Mieciel, Vaggelis and Karalic.

Players selected for the game are:

I'll be at work, I just started a job, so I won't be able to listen to the game... but at least I can wish PAOK well tonight... We shouldn't have any trouble with this one.

GO PAOK!!!!

BRUTAL.

Obviously they haven't learned their lesson from last year. This is PAOK's problem year in and year out; Always losing to teams that they should be winning against. I just hope they turn it around and all of those rested players giev their all against PAO.

Oh well, this isn't a major catastrophe. Just a disappointment.

Good evening my friends out there...

It's my first post in this site and unfortunately it comes along with our elemination in the Greek Cup by Agr. Asteras...

It's the destiny of this team to behave like the strips of its form... BLACK & WHITE!

One day you are happy and ready to fly and the next you want to jump from 8th floor!!!

Pityfully we aren't learning by our mistakes and continiously repeating them!!!

Some things NEVER change... We saw Black AGAIN... Let's go for WHITE!

Yesterday I said that we should keep kostikos till the end of the season. But now I have my doubts.

As to his judgment to rest seven regulars in addtion to mietchel and Vagelis. This loss was due to a lack of good judgment on the coaches part.

They had a few good results andthen they think they can beat Agrotikos Asteras with the second team. Agrotikos asteras had avery good team the last couple years and I believe got relegated due to penalties rather than ability. Kostikos should have known that.

Or he probably did know but fell in love with himself and the teams so called accomplishments rather then facts, and decided to rest practically the first team.

wut a major upset for Agrotikos Asteras

and very dissapointing for PAOK

just when things looked bright for them they just burn

thats why the game v Pao is now even more crucial for them

if they don't get a point here after resting all its top players

there will begin to be alot of grumblings and alot of fan pressure to add to the mounting problems

What a dissapointment. I watched a tape of the game (without knowing the result) late at night and could not believe what I saw. I saw a team that could not do anything right. They could not string a decent pass between the players.

I think the eraly goal we scored (actually Agrotikos player scored for us) might have been bad for the team. It appeared that the PAOK players thought they would just win only by being PAOK, without actually haveing to play. The longer the game wnt on the longer it looked good for Agrotikos Asteras. They had nothing to lose, and were hoping for the Roussian roullete penalty shootout, which went their way.

This game once again proved to me that some players have no place on this team. Gisemakis is one useless player, and the sooner we get rid of him the better. Zografakis and Maladenis are not far behind. I'd rather see some youngsters in their place.

The other bad thing is that PAE PAOK expected around 1 million Euro revenue from the team's participation in the Greek Cup competition (TV rights, gate receipts).

The only good thing about this disaster could be that the team players wake up and realize that they all of a sudden they did not become Real Madrid (or Olympiakos or Panathinaikos for that matter) just because they defeated Olympiakos, trashed Ionikos and had a good game against Shakhtor. This loss could be a good motivation for the game against PAO. If you remember, when we got eliminated by Kastoria in the Cup, the next Sunday we defeated Olympiakos at Rizoupoli.

There is also a report that one one veteran player refused to take a penalty kick, and it is expected that there will be a heavy fine. Wonder who that player was.

For the record, here is our lineup for the game:

Archived