Phantis Forums

Barca - PAO

Guest Protathlitis

I tend to believe that we have to play conservatively but aggressively too. Any team, especially in Spain, that goes in hoping to play 100% defense to get the tie, is usually blown out. Bad mistake. Barca needs to be challenged otherwise it'll beat us badly. We'll also tire faster (and you know that Greek teams aren't good to play every 3-4 days), because defending is more demanding. We must control the ball.

I hope for a tie, but we must earn it!!!!

As for getting respect, I, too, agree it's a bunch of worthless chatter. You get respect by getting results and points!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that we'll play 100% defence...In OAKA we played a 4-4-2 system...We managed to keep Barca away from scoring with an amazing defence and in the end Ronaldinho said that they didn't expect us to play so offensive!!!The same thing,imo,Malesani should do in Spain!And,OK,our players will be more anxious in Camp Nou but Barca won't have Deco and Beletti!!And that's definetely a good thing!!

whenever PAO loses 1-0 .. 2-1 to big trams you know how many times i used to hear

"well wee got respect.. we made greece proud.. we showed greek football.. our opponents will be scared of us next time.. " and this after a loss..

now given the way u wrote the post.. im sure in the past u have never writeen that but trust me if pao loses 1-0.2-1 to barca .. afta tha akous in here

mark my words!

But I did not say it is not more honorable to lose 2-1 than 4-0. It is. But what I am saying is that you do not deserve to speak because you also lost the easiest game in the group. Those two 2-1 accompanied with a victory vs Rosenborg would be a good campaign for you so far.

But unfortunatelly...

Latest odds:

Barca: 1/4 (1.25)

Draw: 4/1 (5.00)

Pao: 10/1 (11.00)

A few first goalscorer odds:

Eto'o, S 5/2

Ezquerro, S 4/1

Larsson, H 4/1

Lopez, M 4/1

Ronaldinho 4/1

Giuly, L 9/2

Messi, L 11/2

Deco 7/1

Gekas, T 17/2

Van Bommel, M 17/2

Papadopoulos, D 10/1

Iniesta, A 11/1

Mantzios, E 11/1

Olisadebe, E 11/1

Torghelle, S 14/1

Van Bronckhorst, G 14/1

For more odds: http://bookiesindex.bestbetting.com/Defaul...1391&help=false

Pao has a nice scrappy style. Picks up pressure right away from the top. Hopefully they'll have enough legs to maintain and keep up with Barca.

But sorry to say that the defense is tentative nad suspect especially in the middle and it will give in and probably repeatedly.

3-1 Barca, unless we get lucky and the Barca forwards trip over themselves because they are too fast. Then hopefully 1-1 or 0-0 which is probably needed if Pao is to advance to the knockout round.

I totally agree.... Goumas is too slow for the very fast Barca forwards... But, this guy will travel with the team for psycological reasons. Good. Perhaps all the players now realize that they're playing for a team with history... :gr:

I hope that they also realize that this is an rare and great opportunity for a player to participate in his sports' highest level, so he should give it 100%.... I liked what I saw 15 days ago against Barca... our players were eager to play... That's good, I hope the repeat it on Wed. :box:

Greens keen on clean sheet

Trio blunted

After losing their opening Group C game 3-0 at Udinese Calcio, Panathinaikos have picked up four points in their next two games, and having kept an attacking trio of Samuel Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Henrik Larsson at bay in Athens, South African defender Nasief Morris wants a repeat performance at the Camp Nou this week.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/...sId=358406.html

Guest kornass

VERY DIFFICULT GAME......I FORSEE AN OPEN GAME, BUT OUR TASK WILL BE SO MUCH DIFFICULT IF BARCA SCORES...

LET'S HOPE THAT WE WILL WIN AND THAT EVEN IF WE DON'T WE WILL PLAY DESCENT AND AS PANATHINAIKOS IS USED TO PLAY WHEN IN EUROPE.

LET'S GO GREENS!!!!

I think people are forgetting that our stats are very consistent, and am i right to suggest we have never ever got a point out of spain? We drew with Barca, because we never lose to the spanish in Greece, but not only do i believe we will lose tommoro, were gonna get thrashed. The only thing i hope in this match is Panathinaikos picks itself.

Dont dream, it aint gonna happen.

I think people are forgetting that our stats are very consistent, and am i right to suggest we have never ever got a point out of spain? We drew with Barca, because we never lose to the spanish in Greece, but not only do i believe we will lose tommoro, were gonna get thrashed. The only thing i hope in this match is Panathinaikos picks itself.

i agree but i will support us til the end...i would not be angry if we lost 4-0 to barca..they are the best team in the world...losingby three or four goals to a team like barca is not unusual..but this is football and anything can happen, and i will support pao till the final whistle...

i agree but i will support us til the end...i would not be angry if we lost 4-0 to barca..they are the best team in the world...losingby three or four goals to a team like barca is not unusual..but this is football and anything can happen, and i will support pao till the final whistle...
Yeh i have this feeling to :(

after seeing oly down 4-1, its kinda making me sick that will probably be in the same boat as them with a trashing....

however im still gonna remain optimistic and hope we draw...

Mesa sto Camp Nou exoun lygisei omadares kai omadares...Kai 5ara na faw fisiologiko tha mou fanei(an kai de pisteyw pws tha diasyrthoume) skeptomeni ti diafora dinamikotitas... ;)

To'xw ksanapei,fetos den exw apaitiseis ap'tin omada mou,oute telikous oute tipota...Oti einai na ginei as ginei,mexri stigmis de m'exoun apogoiteysei...

Mesa sto Camp Nou exoun lygisei omadares kai omadares...Kai 5ara na faw fisiologiko tha mou fanei(an kai de pisteyw pws tha diasyrthoume) skeptomeni ti diafora dinamikotitas... ;)

To'xw ksanapei,fetos den exw apaitiseis ap'tin omada mou,oute telikous oute tipota...Oti einai na ginei as ginei,mexri stigmis de m'exoun apogoiteysei...

I really hope that u dont get killed but 5ara na fate u will be in the same boat as us

remember.. fagate 3-0 with udinese ... 3-1 with wisla plus tomorrow

only u made up for it at home but like someone said

u gotta perform on the road as well.. othwerwise ama fate 5-1.. it will be embarassing

but I hope u dont cause it will give another black eye to Greek soccer!

Archived