Phantis Forums

UEFA World Cup Play-Off Draw

jcoutavas

• 4 weeks later...

World Cup play-off draw :

Spain v Slovakia

Switzerland v Turkey

Norway v Czech Republic

(Matches to be played 12 and 16 November)

The sad thing about it is that if that were us playing the swiss we would've had good chance to advance to the finals......

DAMN!

im more afraid of switzerland than mediocre-underperforming spain. the swiss have gotten a LOT better since the euros.....they are a rising team and look in great form. the way we look lately we definitley would not beat them.

SPAIN v SLOVAKIA tie may be open for surprises. SPAIN has totally underperformed in this qualification process and SLOVAKIA progress will not shock me whilst SPAIN are still the favourites.

NORWAY v CZECH REP is also interesting. NORWAY will probably have a climactic advantage and they look like the very same teams when you pick out NEDVED from the CZECH REP. I would say CZECH REP will win it slightly (agg. 3-2 or like that)

SWISS v TURKEY is a bizzare tie. SWISS missed a golden chance to qualify against EIRE. In a game the dominated from start to finish they couldn't find the goal that would book themselves to GERMANY. It's a tie that will bring out two draws and the team scoring more goals away will get away with it. Hope it's us!!! TERIM has a good favour for winning anyways...

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-0 Switzerland!!!!!

:tup: :tup: :nw: :nw: :LOL:

FT 2-0!!! The Turks are in big trouble! Zito Hellas, zito Svenska!!

im not from switzerland i live here for college.......and to be fair its not really switzerland (its in the italian part---ethnically its italian but with swiss laws and taxes) but the swiss team is VERY good this year......nobody listened and it showed the swiss are a very strong and upcoming squad......good job to them i didnt really think the turks were good enough no offense to them....the swiss worked so hard in qualifying and showed so much improvement from the euro....they should have a good run in the WC assuming they pass through.....

btw ---------"Svenska" means "Swedish" in Swedish........sweden would be "Sverige"

i assume u meant switz which is:

Svizzera (italian)

Schweiz (german)

Suisse (french)

Same here file, I'm in Europe for the education, I'm orignally from Boston, Mass.

I lived in Stockholm for 2 years, I speak very little Swedish over there, I don't mind since most Swedish people speak English over there, so they don't mind. Thanks for clarifying me on the Swedish language, Drakos. :D

One of these days I might think about making a permament stay in Sweden and not move back to the United States. :la:

Same here file, I'm in Europe for the education, I'm orignally from Boston, Mass.

I lived in Stockholm for 2 years, I speak very little Swedish over there, I don't mind since most Swedish people speak English over there, so they don't mind. Thanks for clarifying me on the Swedish language, Drakos. :D

One of these days I might think about making a permament stay in Sweden and not move back to the United States. :la:

sorry i didnt mean to correct u --- but i thought you were trying to say switzerland... (many people outside europe have confused the 2 countries)

i take it u go to Univ of Stockholm?

Archived