Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Rosenborg

Guest Protathlitis

as much as i hate olympiakos with all my heart.

SMASH ROSENBORG 7-0 make a statement in europe to show every1 what greek soccer is!

listen before we start making plans where the after party will be

lets take care of business on the field

Olympiakos history in European play hasn't been all that great

and we have never really smashed our opponents

its either b/c our psyche before the game is of over confidence or no confidence at all

there is always pressure for Olympiakos to do great

winning 1-0 won't be enough

we need to make a statement and our players will need to score

unlike last year we missed a million opportunities

so far this year in 2 games when we have an opportunity to score we do so

i don't like Konstadinou has the lone striker

i feel like his services are being wasted

i saw we go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2

but the end result here is a win above all and a dominant scoring line

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Protathlitis

Kostoulas has been MARVELOUS for well over a year now, and has continued his high level of play well into this season, might I say he's been even better and more stable than Anatolakis has, and Anatol just won an NT call !

NOT in the centre of defence he hasnt Vasillie

all the hype created around him last year was because of his work as a defensive mid. He is NOT a central defender it not his position

what about shurrer? have we decided hes worse than Kapsis Anatolakis and Kostoulas?

my preffered pairing is Anatolakis and Kapsi. lets hope Bulut doesent play, he plays like a hanoum :P

Oh yes he did, and in particular after the ofi match in kriti, Shurrers' last start since !

Speaking of Gabriel, who knows. I personally think he looked decent in preseason but it seems Sollied has other thoughts and will use him as a backup throughout. Unfortunate, but considering we have another 3 backs that can do the job as well gives me the confidence in our back line, both in strength and depth.

I bring up the 6 - 2 result against Bayer Leverkusen in our 1st match in the 2002-2003 season. It was our only win that year, but we annihilated them.

Djole was unstoppable in that match.

We then got pumped 3 - 0 to Maccabi Haifa in Cyprus and 4 - 0 to Manchester United away later that campaign.

As a side...

This Maccabi side also beat Man. Utd in Cyprus 3 - 0 and the year after Panathinaikos was clamoring for their manager Itzak Schum who they eventually signed and led them to their first title in 7 years.

I bring up the 6 - 2 result against Bayer Leverkusen in our 1st match in the 2002-2003 season. It was our only win that year, but we annihilated them.

Djole was unstoppable in that match.

We then got pumped 3 - 0 to Maccabi Haifa in Cyprus and 4 - 0 to Manchester United away later that campaign.

As a side...

This Maccabi side also beat Man. Utd in Cyprus 3 - 0 and the year after Panathinaikos was clamoring for their manager Itzak Schum who they eventually signed and led them to their first title in 7 years.

i didn't forget that great game of ours

off course this created us to put too much high expectations for the club which struggled early on

but 6-2 sounds like a nice scoring line v Rosenborg

by the way where is our Roseborg friend ??

we need info about your club

i know u guys are fighting relegation and will be missing a bunch of players for this leg coming up

we need more info

The key here everyone is not how many goals are going to go at the back of the net... It's how many points you get out of the match.

For now I just want our team to get the 3 points.

:tup:

the truth is file that in CL it could be a very important thing goal difference.... take example last year vs liverpool..... question wasnt the win in anfield it was the goal difference.... these kind of games(home against the "weakest" team(hypthetically)) we should try to benefit the most from.... unfortunately this is CL.... goal difference plays a key role in 6 games....

The key here everyone is not how many goals are going to go at the back of the net...  It's how many points you get out of the match.

For now I just want our team to get the 3 points.

:tup:

the truth is file that in CL it could be a very important thing goal difference.... take example last year vs liverpool..... question wasnt the win in anfield it was the goal difference.... these kind of games(home against the "weakest" team(hypthetically)) we should try to benefit the most from.... unfortunately this is CL.... goal difference plays a key role in 6 games....
then u all remember the game v Liverpool at Karaiskaki

we totally dominated that game

but the scoreline didn't indicate our effort as we won 1-0

we hit the post twice that game

and missed two more opportunities to put the ball into the net

but again this is all last season

wut is the formation we will got with in this game

4-3-3 or 4-4-2

and the expected starters ??

At this stage of the season we are playing very good attacking soccer so i say this will continue with an easy 3-0 win :tup: (Toure,Jorjevic,Konstadinou)

Thank god we finally have a COACH and not a tsopani :LOL: (Matzouraki Lemoni e.t.c)

It will also be nice if Real wins as well :P

by the way where is our Roseborg friend ??

we need info about your club

i know u guys are fighting relegation and will be missing a bunch of players for this leg coming up

we need more info

i'm here :rolleyes:

We miss a right back that is no problem replacing, but the keeper johnsen may or may not make it. that can be a problem.

if there is one trainer in europe that will not underestimate us, it's sollied. that is our biggest problem, as our local paper wrote about today.

our team is kept secret until the match, that is unusual, but happens because sollied knows the team too well.

been a lot about olympiakos in the paper this week. I didn't know you supporters weren't allowed to watch the matches. are you bad boys?

impressive results in the opening of your season, congratulations.

well well, hope it will be a good match and may the best team win.

ta nea writes that sollied will leave kafes on the bench because he thinks that babangidas speed and unpredictable moves might help us more. so the line up will look like this:

-------------------------------------------Konstantinou-------------------------------------------

Djordjevic----------------------------------Rivaldo-----------------------------------Babangida

--------------------------Stoltidis---------------------------------Toure--------------------------

Georgatos-------------Anatolakis-------------------------Kostoulas----------Mavrogenidis

---------------------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

the rest of the team selection are: Giannou, Bulut, Castillo, Dani, Kafes, Okkas, Pantos, Schurrer and Taralidis.

Kapsis wont be on the bench since he isnt ready. apart from that i think sollied has the opportunity to play with our strongest line up.

@RosenborgDude: Helstad isnt playing? i hope for our team that it is like that ;) . about not having fans in the stadium: this is a punishment from last season. osfps fans caused trouble several times and the club got a fan ban of three matches. because there is a huge problem with violence in the greek championship when the teams play they have made a strict law, where the teams get punished with fan bans for the slightest trouble they cause. panathinaikos already got a one match ban. our team will get some more for sure too this season. but dont be affraid for your team. at least the fans know, that if they cause trouble in a european match the consequences for the team could be a catastrophy.

it will be a 3-0 win for Gavros probably.....they are in good form and usually start well......then later crash....but i dont see that this year

Real Madrid sucks and Lyon is semi-rebuilding... OSFP will go through unfourtunatley :( .......... oh well i guess greece will get points at least...

Good lcuk to Olympiakos in their game. I think it'll be a drubbing of epic proportions today. Something like a 3-0 or 4-0 score wouldn't surprise me at all.

Rosenborg are not the team they once were. They've lost 5 or 6 matches in a row, they are 3 points ahead of relegation, and rumour has the coach wanting to rest some of the better players during the CL matches in order to ensure domestic success. All of this equals a massive victory for Olympiakos.

it will be a 3-0 win for Gavros probably.....they are in good form and usually start well......then later crash....but i dont see that this year

Real Madrid sucks and Lyon is semi-rebuilding... OSFP will go through unfourtunatley :( .......... oh well i guess greece will get points at least...

don't start praising us so early

lets take care of business first

i remember last season when some Pao fans were basically congratulate us for progressing and we all know how painfully it turned out

i am a bit superstitious and we have a monkey on our back so lets get him off it and win

win big !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ta nea writes that sollied will leave kafes on the bench because he thinks that babangidas speed and unpredictable moves might help us more. so the line up will look like this:

-------------------------------------------Konstantinou-------------------------------------------

Djordjevic----------------------------------Rivaldo-----------------------------------Babangida

--------------------------Stoltidis---------------------------------Toure--------------------------

Georgatos-------------Anatolakis-------------------------Kostoulas----------Mavrogenidis

---------------------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

the rest of the team selection are: Giannou, Bulut, Castillo, Dani, Kafes, Okkas, Pantos, Schurrer and Taralidis.

Kapsis wont be on the bench since he isnt ready. apart from that i think sollied has the opportunity to play with our strongest line up.

@RosenborgDude: Helstad isnt playing? i hope for our team that it is like that ;) . about not having fans in the stadium: this is a punishment from last season. osfps fans caused trouble several times and the club got a fan ban of three matches. because there is a huge problem with violence in the greek championship when the teams play they have made a strict law, where the teams get punished with fan bans for the slightest trouble they cause. panathinaikos already got a one match ban. our team will get some more for sure too this season. but dont be affraid for your team. at least the fans know, that if they cause trouble in a european match the consequences for the team could be a catastrophy.

i really don't like konstandinou being the lone striker

he has started the season poor in form i know its v Rosenborg but he should be partnered

but again Sollied has been good so far so i trust in his tactics i want this to work out

4 hours and 40 mins from game time

Lets go U Greek Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and rumour has the coach wanting to rest some of the better players during the CL matches in order to ensure domestic success.

You will not see that happen. If it happens it may be in the away game against real madrid, but I doubt it. They have never rested players in europe before, it's chickenly behavour and unrosenborglike.

we may try out a new man on helstads mid-attack spot tonight, watch out for the black player braathen. if in mood he dribbles anyone on the planet, but when not in mood he's worse than my mother.

Archived