Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Rosenborg

Guest Protathlitis

what have the norgwegian press said about Sollied and Olympiakos? can you tell us anything about Sollied we dont know?

The norwegian press has mostly written about the attempt to buy Steffen Iversen, where they said your club owner was not willing to pay enough for him. It's a shame, he is by far the best player in norwegian league, better than any Rosenborg-player. But his primary job in Valerenga is not to score goals, so maybe his low scoring has fooled your boss.

I posted this on another thread:

About Sollied

as a player:

played in Rosenborgs mid-defend, good club-player, good on the head, calm in important matches. I had a hole in my door for many years due to the celebrations when sollied scored the decisive goal in our 1985 championchips.

as a trainer:

started in bodoe-glimt, above the polar circle (= COLD and SNOW most of the year). he trained them in one season, 1993, won the cup and got a 2.place in the series, still their best season ever.

then he stayed with rosenborg till 1998, first as assistant and then coach. we won the championships all those years and performed well in europe. still our best period ever.

then he went to genk or gent or something, small belgian club, and I think even they made it better than ever with sollied as coach.

then he went to brugge, dont know much details about that period, exept one year he said he would quit if they didn't make it to the CL and then they drew dortmund in the qualification... but they still made it, luckily for sollied.

he is un-norwegian in that sense he has the same kind of self-confidence as Mourinho and he don't care wether you like him or not. he likes to play offensive, passes should go forward not sideways, and he likes to have a tall forward as target-man.

He has never been sacked. Both Rosenborg and Norway national team has tried to buy him several times the past years, but he is too expensive. And, for a macho-man, he has a rather high-pitched voice....

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The norwegian press has mostly written about the attempt to buy Steffen Iversen, where they said your club owner was not willing to pay enough for him. It's a shame, he is by far the best player in norwegian league, better than any Rosenborg-player. But his primary job in Valerenga is not to score goals, so maybe his low scoring has fooled your boss.

I posted this on another thread:

About Sollied

as a player:

played in Rosenborgs mid-defend, good club-player, good on the head, calm in important matches. I had a hole in my door for many years due to the celebrations when sollied scored the decisive goal in our 1985 championchips.

as a trainer:

started in bodoe-glimt, above the polar circle (= COLD and SNOW most of the year). he trained them in one season, 1993, won the cup and got a 2.place in the series, still their best season ever.

then he stayed with rosenborg till 1998, first as assistant and then coach. we won the championships all those years and performed well in europe. still our best period ever.

then he went to genk or gent or something, small belgian club, and I think even they made it better than ever with sollied as coach.

then he went to brugge, dont know much details about that period, exept one year he said he would quit if they didn't make it to the CL and then they drew dortmund in the qualification... but they still made it, luckily for sollied.

he is un-norwegian in that sense he has the same kind of self-confidence as Mourinho and he don't care wether you like him or not. he likes to play offensive, passes should go forward not sideways, and he likes to have a tall forward as target-man.

He has never been sacked. Both Rosenborg and Norway national team has tried to buy him several times the past years, but he is too expensive. And, for a macho-man, he has a rather high-pitched voice....

so Olympiakos is in good hands correct ???

i know he likes to play offensive but we really didn't do that v Panathniakos last week

but we still won the game

will see how good Sollied is but he is only has good has his team is

b/c they do all the work on the pitch

i think next year will be his year but i think he will also have a great year this year

I THINK WE ARE LOOKING FOR A 2-0 GUYS. HOPEFULY OLYMPIAKARA WILL BE ABLE TO PUT AWAY THIS ONE. IF WE DONT IT WE BE VERY DEPRESSING FOR THE REST OF THE MATCHES!!!! :tup:

being depressed will be the least of our problems

Rivaldo is battling a minor injury and will miss the game v Panionios Probable he plays v Rosenborg

Toure will miss the game v Paninionis but play v Rosenborg

Konstadinou will probably miss the game v Panionios and play v Rosenborg

Djordjavic played 2 games in the past four days he is not playing v Paninios but will play v Rosenborg

so we should be well rested for this match

we need to dominate

we need to play an offensive style of football

were at home v a weaker opponent

we need to exploit there weaknesses

norway, for the fourth year running, is the best place to live in the world!!! Will this give Rosenborg high spirits for there first european match?

Norway is a beautiful place and obviously a very livable one as well.

My father visited back in the 60s a few times. He rated the place.

Good luck to Rosenborg, however Olympiakos has to win.

sounds to me like your being unfair to your own kafeneio 2-0 side with that :blink:

let them be unfair to us

we will make noise this season to shut there freaking holes

lets just get the Panionios game over with so we can concentrate on beating Rosenborg

not just win but beat there asses

lets go u Greek Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep, Rosenborg set a club record with 5 losses in a row this weekend.

When Norway is considered the best place to live, the weather cannot be one of the criterias...

there has been some writing about olympiakos in our papers this week, mostly focused on sollied. But I remember an old story:

we have a sex club in Trondheim, called Club4. The owner was brought to trial, accused of selling prostitutes, which is illegal. The pimp tried to make his sex club look better during the trial, and told the court that an international well known football club were visiting his club after a Champions league match. Although the paper did not refeer the name of the club, the word on the street here is that it was olympiakos, after their 5-1 loss in 1997.

(the pimp was convicted anyway.)

does this seem likely to you? is it a story you know of from before?

as long as you don't screw our team, it's perfectly all right with me that you screw our women..

(no offence. i just think it was a funny incident) :)

yep, Rosenborg set a club record with 5 losses in a row this weekend.

When Norway is considered the best place to live, the weather cannot be one of the criterias...

there has been some writing about olympiakos in our papers this week, mostly focused on sollied. But I remember an old story:

we have a sex club in Trondheim, called Club4. The owner was brought to trial, accused of selling prostitutes, which is illegal. The pimp tried to make his sex club look better during the trial, and told the court that an international well known football club were visiting his club after a Champions league match. Although the paper did not refeer the name of the club, the word on the street here is that it was olympiakos, after their 5-1 loss in 1997.

(the pimp was convicted anyway.)

does this seem likely to you? is it a story you know of from before?

as long as you don't screw our team, it's perfectly all right with me that you screw our women..

(no offence. i just think it was a funny incident) :)

hmmm...quite possible. I believe in the past Greek teams had some sort of reputation for visiting these "establishments" and using the services of the ladies of the evening.

After that "memorable" 5 - 1 I would think that Oly team might have done their scoring off the pitch.

this is the line up that balla.gr thinks sollied will play:

-------------------------------------------Konstantinou-------------------------------------------

Djordjevic----------------------------------Rivaldo----------------------------------------Kafes

--------------------------Stoltidis---------------------------------Toure--------------------------

Georgatos-------------Anatolakis-------------------------Kostoulas----------Mavrogenidis

---------------------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

they say that most probably sollied will start kafes over babangida, since he seems to be in form. i dont mind this because kafes' defensive skills seem to be better than babangidas. we might lose some speed, but i dont think it'll be a big problem.

Guest Protathlitis

this is the line up that balla.gr thinks sollied will play:

-------------------------------------------Konstantinou-------------------------------------------

Djordjevic----------------------------------Rivaldo----------------------------------------Kafes

--------------------------Stoltidis---------------------------------Toure--------------------------

Georgatos-------------Anatolakis-------------------------Kostoulas----------Mavrogenidis

---------------------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

they say that most probably sollied will start kafes over babangida, since he seems to be in form. i dont mind this because kafes' defensive skills seem to be better than babangidas. we might lose some speed, but i dont think it'll be a big problem.

why not Kapsis???? Kostoulas has NEVER been good enough as a central defender!!

I think Babagida for Kafes as well!

kapsis seems not being 100% fit. because of a minor problem sollied didnt let him start against panionios and put in taralidis the midfield.

i am not really sure who i would prefer on our right side against rosenborg.

babangida is fast and is hot for the match on tuesday. but he is also inexperienced and could make some mistakes. kafes instead seems to be in form too and would give our team more defensive strength. but he isnt as fast as babangida.

we will see what sollied is planning. he will come up with the best solution i think.

Kostoulas has been MARVELOUS for well over a year now, and has continued his high level of play well into this season, might I say he's been even better and more stable than Anatolakis has, and Anatol just won an NT call !

I can definately see Kafes in the starting 11 as well, he tends to be shakey away from home in Europe, but with his current good form it might be a good call, and with this move we might also see Toure being able to move forward at times as well.

Good lineup. Starting Kafes over Babangida is smart. Kafes has played in these kinds of situations in the CL and with the Greek NT (something I'm sure Babangida has not done). That being said, Babangida would be a good sub later on in the game for Kafes, as he'd bring some speed and attacking flair to a tiring Rosenborg defense. That and I'd possibly sub somone in (someone with speed) for Konstantinou later on.

Good luck. We (greece) need this for the coefficent so we don't have to play games in the qualifing rounds to get into the group stage. I think OSFP will win 2-0. :gr: :box:

Archived