Phantis Forums

UEFA CUp for lower league?

I read in the daily mail the other day that Uefa are considering giving a UEFA cup place to future Coca-Cola Championship Champions. Because apparently that division is the fourth most popular division in Europe, ahead of Italy's first division!!!

Thats crazy but there must be some logic to it. Can anyone back this claim up???

Yeah I actually heard about this here in the US watching Fox Sports Channel.

If something like this were to pass I think that UEFA will need to open it up to other countries lower leagues.

I don't think it's a good idea.... UEFA Cup will become like Champions League lots of groups and lots of "are they in are they out"...

What they need to do is keep Champions League like it was originally JUST THE WINNERS OF THE LEAGUES.... And UEFA Cup should be next 2 spots or what-not....

Do I like an underdog........ Of-course But cmon how often does that happen when KOLOPETINITSA qualifies for the last round of 4 in the UEFA Cup??

:tup: :LOL: :blink:

I saw it on Fox Sports as well. I think it's an absolutely retarded idea and the fact that they have high attendances or t.v. ratings is a sorry excuse to justify giving them a place.

I'm getting a bit tired of all the bending that UEFA are doing to accomodate the English FA and English clubs in general. First Liverpool in the CL because they cried, and now this? Why? Because they have people in the seats and a solid t.v. deal? I don't think so. There is already too much football now as it is. Imagine a team like A.C. or Barca having to play Stoke or Watford. Could you imagine that eh? Maybe the stadium at Stoke would be packed full of fans but do you think they would fill Nou Camp to see them?

Would you?

I saw it on Fox Sports as well. I think it's an absolutely retarded idea and the fact that they have high attendances or t.v. ratings is a sorry excuse to justify giving them a place.

I'm getting a bit tired of all the bending that UEFA are doing to accomodate the English FA and English clubs in general. First Liverpool in the CL because they cried, and now this? Why? Because they have people in the seats and a solid t.v. deal? I don't think so. There is already too much football now as it is. Imagine a team like A.C. or Barca having to play Stoke or Watford. Could you imagine that eh? Maybe the stadium at Stoke would be packed full of fans but do you think they would fill Nou Camp to see them?

Would you?

EXACTLY!!!

And again my friend this is why I think this will never happen.

It was kinda like when they were talking about European soccer going to a "salry cap" just like the sports in the states are..... YEAH! RIGHT!!

SORRY MY CAPS LOCK BROKE -

THIS IDEA IS COMPLETLY IDIOTIC. BATIGOL IS 100% RIGHT, THE UEFA IS TRYING TO GIVE ENGLAND WHATEVER IT WANTS. TRUE TEAMS LIKE LEICSTER PROBABLY COULD BEAT DINAMO ALMATY COMFORTABLY....BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE THERE.

WE ALREADY HAVE A SYSTEM TO GIVE MORE EUROPEAN SPOTS TO COUNTRIES THAT ARE CLEARLY STRONGER ITS CALLED THE UEFA COEFFICIENT SYSTEM. SO UNLESS THE BRITS WANNA SPLIT THERE SPOTS BETWEEN TOP PREM AND TOP 2ND DIVISION, THEY CAN SHUT THE HELL UP.

WHY WOULD IT MAKE SENSE TO GIVE SPOTS TO THE 2ND DIVISION ENGLAND? THE SECOND DIVISION HAS GOOD FIGURES YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PREMIERSHIP CLUBS WHO FINISH IN LIKE 8TH OR 9TH OUT OF EUROPE BUT STILL GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PREM? WOULD THAT BE FAIR TO THEM???THEY HAVE GOOD FIGURES TOO! AS THE BRITS SAY: YOU CANT HAVE EVERYTHING NOW CAN YOU?

SERIOUSLY ENLGAND IS THE BIGGEST BITCH COUNTRY IN FOOTBALL ALL THEY DO IS WHINE AND CRY ABOUT EVERYTHING.....WAH WE CANT WIN AN INTERNATIONAL TROPHY, THE GREEKS DIDNT DESERVE IT ENGLAND DID...WAH LIVERPOOL DIDNT PROVETHEMSELVES IN ENGLAND PLEASE GIVE THEM A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPOT....WAHHH WHY CANT IT BE AN AUTO-GROUP STAGE....WAHHHH WE HEAR MONKEY NOISES WHEN WE GO TO GREECE.....

NOW THEY WANT UEFA SPOTS FOR D2? SHUT THE HELL UP. ENGLISH TEAMS EXCEPT THE BIG 3 ARE AWFUL IN UEFA AND CL......IF THEY ADD MORE SPOTS AND TAKE AWAY FROM OTHER COUNTRIES THEIR FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT IS BEING DENIED CUZ ENGLISH FA IS A WHINY BITCH. IF D2 TEAMS WANNA PLAY UEFA THEY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PROVE THEMSELVES IN THE FA CUP

SERIOUSLY ENLGAND IS THE BIGGEST BITCH COUNTRY IN FOOTBALL ALL THEY DO IS WHINE AND CRY ABOUT EVERYTHING.....WAH WE CANT WIN AN INTERNATIONAL TROPHY, THE GREEKS DIDNT DESERVE IT ENGLAND DID...WAH LIVERPOOL DIDNT PROVETHEMSELVES IN ENGLAND PLEASE GIVE THEM A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPOT....WAHHH WHY CANT IT BE AN AUTO-GROUP STAGE....WAHHHH WE HEAR MONKEY NOISES WHEN WE GO TO GREECE.....

I couldnt agree more, England want what they want and dont care who they step on to get it. If Europe was a family, England would be the spoilt little daughter.

Archived