Phantis Forums

Liverpool - Olympiakos

dont expect a good game of us. we have just been in austria for about a week and this is already our second friendly. for sure it will be good to see how our new players will be able to play against a stronger team, but imo there wont be much to win out of this match except some stuff about how the team will be able to use sollieds formation.

it will be nice though to watch us play against a big team. i already got the tickets to go and watch it. :D

Liverpool is just hitting there stride

they already have been in training for a month

won 6-0 over two legs in the first round of C.L. qualifier

i am sure many of there players will just play for the sake of it

we on the other hand must show lots of improvement from our first game

i like this type of friendly

Olympiakos seems to struggle alot v English teams like all Greek teams

good test for them

to see where there at

asses the team and see wut else they need in the transfer period since it is still open

The match will be transmitted on the greek TV, at 21:00.

Hopefully, we will concede no more than 3 goals. It is a friendly, I know, but some idiots will grab the chance for crying against the humiliation etc etc. Greek fans are known for their intolerance for defeats in friendly games. Only wins or marginal defeats are accepted, that is why coaches can't use unproved players even in cup games. I remember a case where Paok players were fined after an "unexpected" friendly game defeat during summer preparation, due to the pressure from the disappointed fans !

And then the usual green trolls will come in droves here saying how small team we are while they elliminated the giant Bormio blah blah blah... I bet they'll do.

4-3

Not bad...Defense seems to hve some problems and i was surprised to see your new goalkeeper starting over the Kota...i had the feeling sollied was gonna bring in a favourite pet....

As much as i hate the kota-melos and dont want him to start........i wonder if Otto would still call him up to start for the ethniki? then wed have 3 backup goalkeepers on our squad! Nikopolidis, Xalkias, Eleftheropoulos/Katergiannakis....

:LOL: well up to now you are down 4-1. :LOL:

so? did you honestly believe we would win this one? liverpool had already four official matches and had started their training much earlier than us. some peoples lifes in here must suck a lot, so that they can enjoy our loss so much, even in a friendly. your victory party for paos win against monza must have been nice though.

anyway. back to the topic.

the first few minutes didnt show much. both teams tried to get into the match. it looked to me though, as if toure didnt touch the ball during the first ten minutes or so, but he played a nice match and showed some good signs. i really liked him. the rest of the first half looked to me as if the teams were more or less even. in the second half, when sollied made some substitutions our team struggled a lot and lost control in the defense so that we got three goals in a few minutes. lemmens didnt look good though in two of them. i didnt like him at all to be honest. when okkas entered he brought some freshness for our offense and achieved getting the penalty which brought us back into the match more or less. but liverpool had made a lot of changes already so that it was obvious that their rhythm wouldnt be the same anymore.

i enjoyed some of our offensive efforts but didnt like our defense at all. seems as if they need some time till they work together like last year again.

there were some good signs from our team, but to think already our team is or isnt ready would be a mistake. there is still a lot of work to do till we reach the level sollied would like to. another good training against a strong opponent. it can just get better.

not bad considering liverpool have played 2 qualifying champ league games and also have started early then us one big plus was the form of yaya i think he did quite well so we might have found a player there also sollied comments after the game we gonna bring in more new players

its really meaningless that we scored 3 goals today

b/c we were down at one point 4-1 so Liverpool could have eased up

but give Olympiakos credit for scoring

Sollied is now 0-2 i wonder when will they start calling for his head

i think its evident that Olympiakos can't play a 4-3-3 formation

there not equipped to do so

defense is was i think is Olympiakos strong area but it will take time for the chemistry to build

but i am sure we can all agree on one thing that Olympiakos needs at least 2 more players preferably a midfielder and striker

To be honest, in the first half I thought we were playing against a local team. Liverpool vastly improved their offensive performance in the 2nd half (Barros contributing greatly to that) but I think it was the middlefield where we lost the game. While in the 1st half Toure and Kafes were able to stop them almost completely, in the 2nd half our middlefield essentially collapsed. I don't know why. eventually, Benitez made some substitutions that destabilized his team and our players managed to balance.

I agree that Toure was very good, especially after the first 10-15 minutes. It is too early for conclusions but perhaps we have found a diamond. Georgatos and Djorjevic were very creative. Konstantinou showed good signs but also lost some chances in Okkas-style :-) . Ribbo's game was exceptional in the 1st half, once again he was the leader of our offence. Simply the best player of the game, in this section.

Our defence was essentially consisted only of Kapsis who showed his class. We are so used in mediocre defenders that a player like him can shine even from such an early stage. The keeper wasn't on par with Antonis, I hope Sollied won't insist too much in using him

@ Luz : "

defense is was i think is Olympiakos strong area but it will take time for the chemistry to build

but i am sure we can all agree on one thing that Olympiakos needs at least 2 more players preferably a midfielder and striker

It is to early to say that Soilid is not good but I agree with you and I recal that Kostadinou sucked with Santos as a coach who played the same system.

I think Kostadinou needs Okka or Kastigio next to him.

it is way too early to talk about sollied being a bad coach. and the same goes for the system imo. it doesnt matter if we are down with 2-0 in the friendlies since this is what they are about, to see what is neccessary to improve the teams performance.

i dont want to find any excuses for losing these two matches, but it was obvious that our team is tired and that the old and new players arent used to play together yet. and both liverpool and jablonec started their training much earlier than us. also the system sollied wants to use has just been used for a few weeks. the players need some time to adjust and because of that it is absolutely normal that some mistakes occur. we have to give them the time. if the team will still make mistakes like against liverpool close to the seasons start, then we can talk about the system not working for our team.

about getting two more player i agree completely with you. one for the right side of the midfield and another good striker. konstantinou wasnt bad yesterday, but i thought that he wont be able to carry the team in the offense though the whole season.

it is way too early to talk about sollied being a bad coach. and the same goes for the system imo. it doesnt matter if we are down with 2-0 in the friendlies since this is what they are about, to see what is neccessary to improve the teams performance.

i dont want to find any excuses for losing these two matches, but it was obvious that our team is tired and that the old and new players arent used to play together yet. and both liverpool and jablonec started their training much earlier than us. also the system sollied wants to use has just been used for a few weeks. the players need some time to adjust and because of that it is absolutely normal that some mistakes occur. we have to give them the time. if the team will still make mistakes like against liverpool close to the seasons start, then we can talk about the system not working for our team.

about getting two more player i agree completely with you. one for the right side of the midfield and another good striker. konstantinou wasnt bad yesterday, but i thought that he wont be able to carry the team in the offense though the whole season.

You guys are still rusty but everyone failed to mention that Okkas tore the liverpool defence in a span of 5 minutes...You guys are reflecting all the negativity of the match but failed to look at the positives..Anyways you have some good players on your team Djordevic, Rivaldo ,Nikopolides, Kapsis and the boys Okkas and Konstantinou but you still need some defence it good be a long yhear if u cant defend....

To be honest, in the first half I thought we were playing against a local team. Liverpool vastly improved their offensive performance in the 2nd half (Barros contributing greatly to that) but I think it was the middlefield where we lost the game. While in the 1st half Toure and Kafes were able to stop them almost completely, in the 2nd half our middlefield essentially collapsed. I don't know why. eventually, Benitez made some substitutions that destabilized his team and our players managed to balance.

I agree that Toure was very good, especially after the first 10-15 minutes. It is too early for conclusions but perhaps we have found a diamond. Georgatos and Djorjevic were very creative. Konstantinou showed good signs but also lost some chances in Okkas-style :-) . Ribbo's game was exceptional in the 1st half, once again he was the leader of our offence. Simply the best player of the game, in this section.

Our defence was essentially consisted only of Kapsis who showed his class. We are so used in mediocre defenders that a player like him can shine even from such an early stage. The keeper wasn't on par with Antonis, I hope Sollied won't insist too much in using him

@ Luz : "

I think that Kapsis wasn't 100% responsible for the 1st goal. He "read" the opponent's thought (like no one of typical Oly defenders would do) but he thought he could pass the pass the ball to his partner. It was Schurrer, wasn't he? (another underperforming player of the game).

What to say about Okkas, I am a big fan of him except for his scoring abilities. But I have something to say about Sollied. It impressed me that he was keeping notes all the time. I don't think we are used to it in Oly and, needless to say, I like to see people keeping notes for everything instead of having stored in their minds.

Archived