Phantis Forums

Turkey/Ukraine NT games Canada

The Turkey - Greece and Greece - Ukraine game will be available in Canada on Closed Circuit through Setanta Sports. Check with your local establishments that usualy carry the Setanta games.

Turkey - Greece

04-June-05, 14:00 EDT, 13:00 CDT

Greece - Ukraine

08-June-05, 14:30 EDT, 13:30 CDT

NOTE: If you find any establishments that will carry the games, please post the information in this thread.

In Toronto, the Billiards Academy will show the game as usual.

Billiards Academy

485 Danforth Ave

Toronto, ON M4K 1P5

416-466-9696

They usually charge $20.

In addition, you should check the past thread under "Greece-Turkey in Canada",

because it has lot more information on bars showing the game.

There must be a way to merge these two threads...

the Billiards Academy is not showing the game. myth on the danforth is as well as

Fox & Fiddle

4946 Dundas Street W.

Etobicoke, Ontario

M9A 1B7

(416) 207-9990

I was at the fox and fiddle for the albania game their were only 3 tables of greeks and about 100 albanians.

but the food was great and they had 2 big screens and several smaller tvs . i heard the myth has standing room only all tables are reserved ..

In Hamilton Ontario the game will be on at Whiskey Joe's at Fennell and Upper Ottawa st. This is a greek bar and we should have fun there for both games. :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :gr: :gr: :gr:

the Billiards Academy is not showing the game. myth on the danforth is as well as

Fox & Fiddle

4946 Dundas Street W.

Etobicoke, Ontario

M9A 1B7

(416) 207-9990

I was at the fox and fiddle for the albania game their were only 3 tables of greeks and about 100 albanians.

but the food was great and they had 2 big screens and several smaller tvs . i heard the myth has standing room only all tables are reserved ..

I was at the Fox and Fiddle for the Greece - Georgia game. and I was the only Greek there. There were like 3-4 Georgians and the rest was packed with Albanians that were there to watch the Turkey-Albania game. The place is walking distance from my house and I'll go there if i think there will be a few more Greeks there. If i am going to be the only Greek amongst 100 Turks i'd rather make the trip to the Danforth.

MK21,

I am also from Etobicoke. I am about 5 minutes drive from there (Islington/Eglinton). I am considering going to the Myth. There will be of course a lot more Greeks there and definitely a better atmosphere as it is on the Danforth.

I'm at Bloor and East Mall. I walked home from the bar after the Georgia-Greece game...was maybe a 20 minute walk...like I said if I see that a few Greeks are going then I will go there.

ChaniaFC,

Were you there for the last Greece - Albania? I was there and noticed about 60% Albanians and 40 % Greeks.

If I know that a lot of Greeks will show up for Greece -Turkey then perhaps I will show up at the Fox and Fiddle.

ChaniaFC,

Will they be showing the game on all the tvs on the main floor in adddition to the big screen they have upstairs.

I am sure standing would not be a big deal if all the tables are reserved upstairs and on the main floor. I ended up standing for the last game at the billiards place on the Danforth. But it is nice to sit down to watch the game.

Wow 40%?

Thats more than I thought.

Sounds encouraging...because 4 days before I was the only Greek there .

That may have been because not many Greeks knew that Fox and Fiddle had the game. I know I didn't.

But I was also there for Greece-Albania. Although we were outnumbered by the Albanians, there was a decent contingent of Greeks there.

The problem with the Danforth locations is that you have to go a couple of hours ahead of time just to get a seat, especially on a Saturday. That's why if I go out to see Greece-Tukey, I'm going to go to the Fox again. Hopefully I won't be the only Greek. :P

I will be at the Fox and Fiddle location with a few other guys. We are aiming to be there for like 1pm. So hopefully there will be a good presence of Greeks there.

If any of you Phanits members are going, feel free to tap me on the shoulder or something. It would be cool to meet some of you guys other than this chat forum. I will be wearing Greece's old Training shirt and my height is like 6' 5" so it will be easy to pick me out from a crowd.

Wherever you decide to go, I hope it ends up being a good time for everyone.

Take it easy!

In Vancouver you can catch the game at:

Firefighters's Social Club [FKA Barnet Hotel]

6515 Bonsor Avenue

Burnaby, BC V5H 3E8

604-437-4347

Kitsilano Billiards

3255 West Broadway

Vancouver, BC V6K 2H5

604-683-1929

Kserei kaneis an to Elsewhere's anoikei se Ellhna `h Tourko `h allo;

Tous phra thlefwno kai mou eipan oti 8a deijoun to paixnidi.

Elsewhere's

2468 Yonge Street

(north of Eglinton)

Toronto, Ontario M4P 2H5

(416) 489-8482

Epishs, kserei kaneis an einai megalo to magazi, xwraei polla atoma;

Poso megalo einai to Fox and Fiddle;

Kserei kaneis an to Elsewhere's anoikei se Ellhna `h Tourko `h allo;

Tous phra thlefwno kai mou eipan oti 8a deijoun to paixnidi.

Elsewhere's

2468 Yonge Street

(north of Eglinton)

Toronto, Ontario M4P 2H5

(416) 489-8482

Epishs, kserei kaneis an einai megalo to magazi, xwraei polla atoma;

Poso megalo einai to Fox and Fiddle;

Both the Elsewhere Pub and the Fox and the Fiddle are fairly large establishments that have at least 2 big screens. Expect to see a fair number of Greeks and Turks at both places. However, Elsewhere will likely be showing other qualifying games as well so it might get pretty full.

Archived