Phantis Forums

cl qualification 2005-2006

slick13

pao is the 3rd top seeded team so here are the team we could meet!

betis sevilla :unsure: we must avoid them

fc basel ;)

wisla krakow ;)

partizan belgrade ;)

udinese :) (pao against italian team nearly always comes on top)

shaktior donetsk :( very very tough

maccabi haifa :P :D

everton ;) B) it would be difficult but im confident

rapid wien :D

cska sofia :D

dvsc debrecen :LOL: :tup: must beat teams like them

trabzonspor :)

vaaleraanga :LOL: :tup: :

hajduk split :D B)

Cool, when will the draw take place, im assuming its after the second round phase, whens that?

I think the easiest team to get is vaaleraanga cos there the only ones ive never heard of. The hardest would be Seville and Everton. Dont worry about Partizan and basel and shaktar, just cos they made a name in the CL dosent mean they r capable of beating pao. Remember, PAO is still offcially best 16 in europe, and we should count this in our favour. The other teams WILL fear us.

dont underestimate basel. they might not be that strong as in the past, but to me it seems that the better the opponent is, the better the swiss teams play. i remember st.gallen beating chealsey and nearly getting into cl against galatasaray.

donetsk has a guy like abramovic who owns the club and he wants to bring the team into the top ones in europe. i wouldnt put them into the "easy" group.

i'd say out of these teams 9 of them shouldnt be a problem. everton, sevilla, donetsk, udinese and basel (imo) could cause some trouble for pao.

but shouldnt there be two more teams? there are 16 teams getting into the third cl qualifying round.

pao is the 3rd top seeded team so here are the team we could meet!

betis sevilla :unsure: we must avoid them

fc basel ;)

wisla krakow ;)

partizan belgrade ;)

udinese :) (pao against italian team nearly always comes on top)

shaktior donetsk :( very very tough

maccabi haifa :P :D

everton ;) B) it would be difficult but im confident

rapid wien :D

cska sofia :D

dvsc debrecen :LOL: :tup: must beat teams like them

trabzonspor :)

vaaleraanga :LOL: :tup: :

hajduk split :D B)

i dont know......we arent looking good and if we go and buy losers again for the 100000th time we probably wont make it this year.

FC Basel are pretty strong

Betis forget it

Wisla im happy with but scared of a suprise

Partizan would be very tough

Udinese would also be very difficult....

Shaktar :(

Maccabi - we will beat

Everton- maybe difficult one half but we will beat them, premier league teams arent that great especially the midtable ones that can barley compete with Panionios

Rapid Wienna- tough... remember how good Austria Vienna was last UEFA??

CSKA Sofia/Debrecen- easy....

Trabzonspor- winnable but really difficult game

Hajduk- well destroy them

Valerenga- maybe tricky but we willwin

This is too soon to be able to tell who we will be able to beat and who not.

Regarding Everton lets wait to see what kind of players they get this season. Chances are they are gonna get stronger this off - season.

The same goes for Betis and Shaktar you never know who they bring in.

In the end of the day we need to see who WE bring in as well

In addition to what PanathinaikosTrifilli had; here are the dates and times for more stages of the CL, along with the UEFA Cup and Intertoto Cup:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/...sId=306043.html

Slick13: How did you find out how PAO got seeded and who they could possibly be playing? I'm just curious to see some of the seedings could work for some other teams I follow that are in either the UEFA or Intertoto Cups.

Though if PAO are seeded as they are of the above sides who we could play:

We should beat: trabzonspor; vaaleraanga; hajduk split; rapid wien, cska sofia; wisla krakow; and partizan belgrade, maccabi, hafia, debrecen. As long as PAO can pick up few decent players and/or not lose our big-time players we have now (Konstantinou, Gekkas, Pap, Munch, Basinas, Eki).

We can beat, but will have a lot of trouble taking on the following teams: Everton, FC Basel, and Sevilla (hell we almost beat them this year, and we had an 'off' year). Assuming the above offseason moves hold.

If we get Shaktar or Betis, I seriously think we're done, only something short of a miracle will see us past those teams. Shaktar is an Eastern European Chelsea with a huge bankroll, and Betis is a very talented team (I'm surprised there's haven't been tranfers rumors about some of their players Oliveria and Joaquin come to mind).

Though the above is VERY dependent on what we do offseason. Your thoughts....??

Rapid Wienna- tough...

I don't think that Rapid should be a problem. At the moment they have a lot of injuries. Some players of them will able to play again in 5, 6 months...

remember how good Austria Vienna was last UEFA??

:tup: ;)

Archived