Phantis Forums

Sum up of the year...

Clearly this has been a dissapointing year for PAO... Despite the creditablity of the Greek league (and the Greek refereing), which we knew all about even before the league started, it is clearly OUR fault for loosing the titles...

For me our biggest problem was management's inconcistency in the beginning of the year.... The mistakes that we have done in the beginning of the year cost us dearly....

For me these are the most important factors for loosing the title...

1. Appointing Skazni

2. Schum's firing was something controversial... I am not claiming that Schum is a good coach... It is however managements fault for not firing him BEFORE they actually did... If they believed that he isn't a good coach then they should have shown him the way during the summer. Otherwise since we begun with him we could have finished the year with him... At least he wouldn't be as bad as the useless Skazni!!!

3. Lack of passion from our 'old' (not age wise but years in the team) and experienced players.... Basinas is the most clear example whose year was exactly the opposite from his performances in the euro... The guy was simply our WORST player throughout the year.... Papadopoulos also had his fall (and we all expected that after we saw him play almost 80 matches in a row), and also Munch was nothing compared to what he was last year...

4. Injuries. This might be also due to the selection of the players by the scouters... PAO this year was similar to a Hospital... Olisadebe, Sanmartean, Munch, Andric, Gonzalez, Papadopoulos all had their injury problems and if we add the loss of Anderson then you can see that half of our main body was injured for a long period of time...

5. Our rotation system in the beginning of the year... Rotating the players around without having a stable line up created many times a chaos in our squad... We begun with Halkias, then Galinovic then Halkias again, then we had Kotsio in and out, Maric the same Andric sometimes coming in, Skatchel took us 6 months to realise that he is useless, Lamoio was always playing one way or the other, Gonzo was playing striker, then behind the 2 strikers, then DM etc etc... Even towards the end the only problem of Malezani was inconsistency... Sanmartean was alwas upposed to be back, but never played, the useless Cypriot was on the right hand side, Wooter sometimes played lef sometimes right.

6 Finally, our two draws at home with Iraklis and Aris... These draws simply costed us the league. Ok every team had their bad results (Aek in Kalamaria, Thrynos at Ergotelis), but at least they have done it in the middle of the season... We on the other hand slipped twice in the last 5 or 6 matches of the league!!!

Anyway year is over, I just hope that this time Malezani will be able to do his moves during the summer, hopefully bring some young italian talent in the team and also management has to do some smart moves in terms of transfers... There is no need bringing big names just to impress people... But on the other hand it is not worth buying players that do not actually ever play!!!

Clearly this has been a dissapointing year for PAO... Despite the creditablity of the Greek league (and the Greek refereing), which we knew all about even before the league started, it is clearly OUR fault for loosing the titles...

For me our biggest problem was management's inconcistency in the beginning of the year.... The mistakes that we have done in the beginning of the year cost us dearly....

1. Appointing Skazni

2. Schum's firing was something controversial... I am not claiming that Schum is a good coach... It is however managements fault for not firing him BEFORE they actually did... If they believed that he isn't a good coach then they should have shown him the way during the summer. Otherwise since we begun with him we could have finished the year with him... At least he wouldn't be as bad as the useless Skazni!!!

3. Lack of passion from our 'old' (not age wise but years in the team) and experienced players.... Basinas is the most clear example whose year was exactly the opposite from his performances in the euro... The guy was simply our WORST player throughout the year.... Papadopoulos also had his fall (and we all expected that after we saw him play almost 80 matches in a row), and also Munch was nothing compared to what he was last year...

4. Injuries. This might be also due to the selection of the players by the scouters... PAO this year was similar to a Hospital... Olisadebe, Sanmartean, Munch, Andric, Gonzalez, Papadopoulos all had their injury problems and if we add the loss of Anderson then you can see that half of our main body was injured for a long period of time...

5. Our rotation system in the beginning of the year... Rotating the players around without having a stable line up created many times a chaos in our squad... We begun with Halkias, then Galinovic then Halkias again, then we had Kotsio in and out, Maric the same Andric sometimes coming in, Skatchel took us 6 months to realise that he is useless, Lamoio was always playing one way or the other, Gonzo was playing striker, then behind the 2 strikers, then DM etc etc... Even towards the end the only problem of Malezani was inconsistency... Sanmartean was alwas upposed to be back, but never played, the useless Cypriot was on the right hand side, Wooter sometimes played lef sometimes right.

6 Finally, our two draws at home with Iraklis and Aris... These draws simply costed us the league. Ok every team had their bad results (Aek in Kalamaria, Thrynos at Ergotelis), but at least they have done it in the middle of the season... We on the other hand slipped twice in the last 5 or 6 matches of the league!!!

Anyway year is over, I just hope that this time Malezani will be able to do his moves during the summer, hopefully bring some young italian talent in the team and also management has to do some smart moves in terms of transfers... There is no need bringing big names just to impress people... But on the other hand it is not worth buying players that do not actually ever play!!!

YOU GOT ALOT OF F***IN NERVE SAYING THIS s%$#! THEN COMING OVER TO THE PAOK FORUM AND TALKING s%$#! LIKE YOU DID BUDDY!!!!!! YOU AND THAT SLICK ASS OTHER GUY SHOULD USE YOUR F***IN BRAINS BEFORE YOU START SPITTING s%$#! OUT OF YOUR MOUTHS!!!!!!! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: Take it for what it's worth pal...you F***IN LOST AND YOU WILL BE WITH THE REST OF THE GREEK TEAMS IN UEFA NOT TO LONG FROM NOW!!!!!!

So let's watch what we say before we open our dumb F***in ATHENIAN MOUTHS!!!!!!

Everyone should stop and think really hard about the Greek league and see that it's such a F***in joke compared to the rest of Europe!!!! and it will always be like this cause of DUMB F***S WHO TRY AND RUN EVERYTHING!!!!!

1. Appointing Skazni

YOU GOT ALOT OF F***IN NERVE SAYING THIS s%$#! THEN COMING OVER TO THE PAOK FORUM AND TALKING s%$#! LIKE YOU DID BUDDY!!!!!! YOU AND THAT SLICK ASS OTHER GUY SHOULD USE YOUR F***IN BRAINS BEFORE YOU START SPITTING s%$#! OUT OF YOUR MOUTHS!!!!!!! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: Take it for what it's worth pal...you F***IN LOST AND YOU WILL BE WITH THE REST OF THE GREEK TEAMS IN UEFA NOT TO LONG FROM NOW!!!!!!

So let's watch what we say before we open our dumb F***in ATHENIAN MOUTHS!!!!!!

Everyone should stop and think really hard about the Greek league and see that it's such a F***in joke compared to the rest of Europe!!!! and it will always be like this cause of DUMB F***S WHO TRY AND RUN EVERYTHING!!!!!

ouch, calm down there mate its jst a forum.... :whistle:

P.S i sense you hate "athenians" ;)

paok looool at the end of the day mate this is am athlima

does paok pay ur bills????????????????????.....................ummmmm NO

does paok help u when u have personal problems??? uummmmm NO

does paok contribute stenaxoria at some stages during year?????...ummmmmYES

WIll paok be there through ur tough times???????????................NO

CHILL out man,,,we're here to have a discuss football, and and have a laugh

im a panathinaikos fanatic,,,ive been on ekdromes and love my team to bits,,,,,,but im not gonna get sick because they lost a title or lose a derby.

the greek league does suck we all know that,,,but what can u do

This was a serious topic to start with, destroyed by a koblexiko "Typican Athenian hater" and all of you guys talking about nonsence without commenting to this year problems that we had...

:nono: Ya but you totally contradicted yourself pal.....read your other post on the PAOK forum and then maybe like a normal person you will understand you made a mistake!!!!! Before you start to act like an angel :nono: :nono:

You start a topic about summing up the year for your team and go on about how you guy's have only yourselves to blame and then like a smart ass go over and start talking crap about how PAOK screwed you guy's over????????

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Good one PAL

Where exactly did you read me saying that Baok screwed us over?

I never blamed Baok for losing the title... And what I have posted in the Baok forum was for you people to start thinking the mentality that your club has... I didn't make this post to justify the loss of the league.... ;)

The name Baok is not even mentioned in the reasons I state for loosing the title...

It is US and only US to blame for losing the title!!! I agree 100% on that!!! But you people on the other hand don't accept all the crap that your team does, not to PAO for playing hard and fair, but to your other A division teams like Aris, Aigaleo and Iraklis...

Archived