Phantis Forums

is Ailton coming?

supra

My friend.... This is not a good move for Olympiacos. We need to start pushing through the youth....

Rivo is the man and he's a great leader and mentor and I agree that he needs to stay but for the others (the old men) they need to go. Lets start fresh and start w/ the youth. Leave Ailton for someone else (in the Bundesliga) and lets get some young guy just like Castillo....

Ailton old ??? He is the fastest player in the first 30 meters in Bundesliga !!!!

Last year he was The Goal Scorer with Werder Bremen.... and has been transferred with a record amount of money to Schalke 04..

This saison it was expected too much from him.....because of his huge success 2003 / 04 ... and due to the high transfer money

If he would come to Olympiakos, he would be one of the best striker in Greece..

He is very fast ...like Okkas...but don't need much chances to score like Okkas does....

If he comes to Olympiakos.....it would not only be a success for Olympiakos....but also for the Greek League in general....

Hey...get real boys.... !!!!

Hey nightsurfer on the money with that he's EXACTLY what we need even in the development of a new team. He would be a great addition only if OLY signs young upcoming strikers (Capetanos brothers, iliadis, agritis) then his experience would rub off the young talent including daqol and castillo. We NEED an experienced accomplished striker and some young upcomers especially GREEK players so they can handle champions league matches (pressure). Young foreign strikers that are good will most likey be very expensive why not give our own the chances?

PAME GIA DOUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :box:

RIVALDO'S GOAL :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Hey nightsurfer on the money with that he's EXACTLY what we need even in the development of a new team. He would be a great addition only if OLY signs young upcoming strikers (Capetanos brothers, iliadis, agritis) then his experience would rub off the young talent including daqol and castillo. We NEED an experienced accomplished striker and some young upcomers especially GREEK players so they can handle champions league matches (pressure). Young foreign strikers that are good will most likey be very expensive why not give our own the chances?

PAME GIA DOUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :box:

RIVALDO'S GOAL :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Ailton will be a free transfer though??

he is currently age 32

everything will be depended upon the players whose contracts are up in the summer

alot of the players contracts expiring at the summer session are over 30

so i expect alot of them to be gone

if we can somehow get some of the top prized young players in the Greek League to our club then i will support the move for Ailton b/c he provides consistency and stability

it puts alot less pressure on the younger players who can develop

alot of the younger players will see time as well b/c Ailton, Rivaldo and etc will need to rest

it all depends on wut kind of prospects we get

hopefully Bajevic finds a few jewels in serbia as well

didn't work with Maric this year u knows maybe this summer session it will

now lets focus in beating Iraklis for the title then we can talk about our club

he stated in an interview that he will stay in germany with schalke till his contract finishes. so like that it doesnt look as if he will be coming to osfp.

Listen if he is under contract for another year or years there is not point of Olympiakos trying to buy him

we need to use our resources else where

close this topic

just another bullshit rumor

Ailton Commented that he wants to play with Rivaldo and now this:

GELSENKIRCHEN, Germany (AP) - Schalke striker Ailton's weekend was ruined in more than one way.

Schalke lost the German Cup final to Bayern 2-1 on Saturday, the Brazilian was pulled off the field by Schalke's coach one hour into the game - and Ailton returned home Sunday to find that his home had been robbed during his absence.

Among valuables stolen was a collection of watches, police said Monday.

Ailton has been frustrated by his first season in Schalke in which he had often ended up on the bench and he has been openly critical of coach Ralf Rangnick.

When Rangnick decided to take him out of the game Saturday, Ailton made a dismissive gesture toward the coach and threw a water bottle in anger.

German newspapers have reported that Ailton has been talking to Werder Bremen about returning to the club, but that Bremen is reluctant to take him back.

Ailton topped the Bundesliga with 28 goals and led Bremen to the championship and the German Cup, before deciding to move to Schalke as a free agent. He scored 14 goals for Schalke this season.

would be nice getting someone who has the same touch with the net like him. but if possible someone around 25. somebody who could stay at the team for some years.

Wholeheartedly agree with you but don't you think it would cost us the budget for all our current players (including Ribbo) and the coach together?

World class skills + world class efficiency + youth. That's for Real or Chelsea, not for us poor neighbours :(

:) unfortunately yes. but if we could send a good scout to south america for example it should be possible to find a young talent that hasnt been targeted by some of the big clubs.

just look at zairi of sochaux. i havent heard that any of the big clubs is interested in him yet. and in the matches against us he seemed to be a very good player to me. we should go after players like him. players of his age that have already some experience in european competitions.

i dont know why, but to me it looks as if osfp doesnt really have a good scouting at all. if we would have some decent scouts we would have brought in some talented players in the past already.

Good catch about Zairi. He is a diamond, I think. But, as I mentioned before, Bajevic simply didn't have enough time for scouting. Let's hope that Kokkalis will finally undestand that.

Btw, Phos newspaper main title today is about a possible tranfer of Zairi to Olympiakos. I don't know if it's just a rumour, it would be nice though. He's fast, young and skilled.

Archived