Phantis Forums

NAME THE NEW STADIUM

athinaios

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this ?:

A company is offering Pao 2 million Euro per year just to add it's name. Something like:

_ _ _ _ _ PAO ARENA.

Screw that - i dun want sum companys name as the stadium name - like Phillips Stadium for PSV - tha mas gelane oloi tote!

what? 2 million??? that it? you get that much for one match in the CL. Thats sh*t, remember were gonna have this stadium for pretty much the rest of our lives, it would be very annoying to keep calling it the company name.

But, alas, its not what the fan thinks, its what the shareholders think. and i doubt anyone would stop them into doing something to get more money. Remember, Pao is a buisness.

What the heck are you both talking about ? We get free money that can be used to strenthen the team. Even 2 extra Millon would help renew some contracts or pay a decent player. And how knows some other companies might offer something more before Pao accepts. Everybody does accept adds, even Barcelona did sign a contract a few days ago for theie T-shirts, who never had before an add on their T-shirt.

What the heck are you both talking about ? We get free money that can be used to strenthen the team. Even 2 extra Millon would help renew some contracts or pay a decent player. And how knows some other companies might offer something more before Pao accepts. Everybody does accept adds, even Barcelona did sign a contract a few days ago for theie T-shirts, who never had before an add on their T-shirt.

every team puts ads on their shirt. but how many times have u heard 'OTE' being said by the team or public? Every time someone mentions the stadio they have to mention another company, if we get that kind of name. 2 million euros is nothing in football nowadays, its not worth it, we need our own name. But altamatter, u'll probably get ur way

PAO officials are trying to put the stadium in the bid for Euro 2012 so that the Government would contribute a part of the building costs (30 out of 150 million I think)

If the stadium gets in the bid, PAO CANNOT sell the name (at least until Euro 2012 ends) because UEFA regulations about Final Stage of European Championships stipulate that the Stadia used should not have any Contractual obligations (such as a name sponsorship) at the time of the games.

Personally, I would rather see PAO stay away from any type of stadium sponsership deal. I believe a club's stadium name should be reflective of their history, a famous player, that sort of thing. Not some company that is just trying to gauge you out of some cash. We have enough ads in the world, they should leave it out of the sacred homegrounds of football clubs.

I keep on laughing at Arsenal's new homeground. What's it going to be called? Emirates or something. What a joke. There's no history in that. It's going to get to the point where people aren't going to be able to say that they went to "Highbury", "Anfield", etc.. Instead, people are going to say they went to Ali Baba stadium in London. Come on...give me a break.

PAO....stick with history. Getting a certain amount of money every year from a sponser isn't worth losing your history over.

I agree that no company should be able to name our new home. It's been done here in the US, I don't like it, but since this is a huge market, there is serious money involved. I don't think any team in Greece (small market) can command such money.

We should come up with a PANATHA name that will last longer than any business partnership (what if the business fails or drops out?) and make the money from bringing in more people to the games, more facilities so the fans can have an "experience" at the stadio for more than 2 hours.....

I'm also not in favor of naming our new home after one single person. I know that many people/players are the ones who made our club great, but PAO is greater than all of them. How about, PANATHINEUM (in English) or PANATHINKAIKOS STADIUM (STADIO)... It doesn't have to be fancy.... descriptive is fine!

PS>I'm getting tired of those CRAZY idiots who post garbage here....they have nothing to contribute, except to their pathetic ego....

Go back to your forum and waste time & space there!

maybe Vaseline could sponsor the stadium......and we could give it out free to OSFP fans and players when they visit us..

is this some kind of confession about your fans and your teams attitude? :P

i'd stick to naming it after your founder. stadio kalafatis, kalafatis stadium sounds even nice. panathinaiko stadio is already taken though.

it would be something new to greek soccer to name a stadium after a company, but it doesnt mean that it is good. hopefully your new stadium wont get his name like that.

Archived