Phantis Forums

CL TV rights for Greece

UEFA has awarded the Champions league TV rights for Greece for the seasons 2006/2007 - 2009/2010.

Netmed Hellas (Supersport) will have the rights to 15 games each game day, with ERT having the rights to one game each game day and on Wednesday only. This means that most CL games in Greece will be availbale on a subscription TV channels only.

Correct. The above is for Greece only.

In the US the TV rights expire with the 2005-06 CL season. Until then ESPN International has the rights thanks to an agreement with a company called TEAM.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gastone_1978

I guess we will have one more football season to wait and see what is going to happen. Although my instict tells me that this high demand for Champions League matches and greek league matches has spread to the greek media, which makes me believe that in a year and half things will change dramatically either through satellite TV or Internet pay per view TV. I could even place a bet on that.

Maybe ERT SAT can show us the champions league games involving Greek teams.... Maybe...

Unfortunately, ERT's rights are only for Greece. They do not extend to the rest of Europe, North America etc.

Archived