Phantis Forums

Comments from Zagorakis,Karagounis and Basinas

aiolosply

Karagounis,Zagorakis and Basinas statements after the win against Albania.

Karagounis: The atmoshere in the team is very good, which can be seen in every of our matches.The win was important for us and I am glad that the fans were patient throughout the game, since the Albanian side played defensively on the whole of the match.In the end all went as good as we were hoping for and we continue to chase our place in the WC finals.

Basinas: After the first bad results we said that we had to win all the following matches. Now we do it. We are a closely tied team since we play so many years together, which is obvious in every match. The two wins against Georgia and Albania were essential in order to chase the first place of the group. Albania played defensively but we were patient and took advantage of the chances we created.

Zagorakis: We played very well and we deserved to win. Reffering to his booking he said "I sliped and lost control, but I will definately be at Turkey on the 4th of June". I want to congratulate the fans for the warm support in civilized manner. We are seeking for the win in all the coming matches.

Archived