Phantis Forums

Transfers

m_kafes

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there really a chance he would come to Greece? veron that is

yeah cause his father was playing here and also this is where he started when he came to europe!

but pao did not think he would become anything so special so they released him even before he had played any games(he was only on trial i think)

Veron would be the biggest transfer in Greek history no doubt.....sure rivaldo is more established but he was sitting around in his mansion for the last year and was a reject of 2 teams........Veron is coming off a great season (not Inter but Veron played very well)

I would be excited if he came but i dont think we have the money (or will spend it) to get him. Its not something Vardinogiannis would do. We will most likely get Repka and have the media build him up to be super world class or some garbage like that......or maybe will buy some ukrainian teenager who they will say is the 'next Shevchenko' :LOL:

Veron would be an idol if he came....i would love to see the matchups PAO-OSFP parralelling Argentina-Brazil

FORZA ARGENTINA!

we have got antoni seric!

a croatian left back who can also play defensive midfield.

he has being playing for 6 seasons in the serie a so he has alot of experience.

i think that he is better than skacel and most importent he is 26 years old!

just to inform you anthony seric was born in australia ,,and i remember in france 1998 he decided to play for croatia as a 19 yr old(he didnt play a game in the wcup that yr,,,,but im sure he was a boom soccaroo jnr before this.. Its not a bad move,,,but lets hope that big name theyre suppose to be naming hasnt been heard just yet.

another slav-favourite on option to buy?

sounds crap to me. yeah i havent seen him play before but can i remind you how AWFUL Lazio were this year? (he was on the bench too with 6 games all season)

id be content with this if Malesani had never coached the player (now that they will be favourites, Seric wont have to work to be in the 11, nor get taken out of it despite how bad he plays. Thats what Ive been seeing over the years with signings like these. Lets hope Im wrong.

the cover page of DERBY says the cost of the loan was about 1.1 MILLION for one year.....guys i dont think it would be worth it to pay 1.1 million for a year for Sorin or Ashley Cole or another high class left back....so i guess now we know Vardinogiannis isnt a tsigkounis- just an idiot. 1.1 million euros for one year of your coaches old pet? This is embarassing!

heres something from a pre WC2002 profile......

Anthony Seric

Club: Hellas Verona

Position: Defender

Comfortable anywhere on the left flank, Seric is one of the rising foreign stars in Serie A.

Now 22, he was watched by leading Italian clubs as a teenager before Verona took the plunge in 2000.

Primarily a wing-back for his club side, he has pace to burn and as a capable defender and effective attacker he is ideal for that role.

His consistent displays have attracted acclaim in recent months and he should shine this summer.

Inter Milan face Panathinaikos battle for Chelsea's Veron

tribalfootball.com - June 4, 2005

Inter Milan chiefs remain confident of negotiating a deal for Chelsea midfielder Juan Veron.

Panathinaikos are threatening to scupper Inter's hopes after approaching the London club for the Argentine last week.

The Greek giants are willing to pay more than Inter's latest offer of

Anthony Seric

his career-

1996/97 Hajduk Spalato Serie A 6 0

1997/98 Hajduk Spalato Serie A 11 0

1998/99 Hajduk Spalato Serie A 20 0

1999/00 Hellas Verona Serie A 10 0

2000/01 Hellas Verona Serie A 12 1

2001/02 Hellas Verona Serie A 25 0

2002/03 Brescia Serie A 29 1

2003/04 Parma Serie A 14 0

2004/05 Lazio Serie A

u know were paying 1.1 million for this guy on loan ;)

this proves that we can resighn kostantinou however this remains to be seen...

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/4928.html <<---------- more stats on Seric

Who knows if this kid is worth close to $3 million! (PAO will have to pay more to get him after 1 year)... it seems way too much for me.... we should keep Konstantinou...... since he won't be as constly and he seems to have found his way to score.

It's never been a question of money in my mind.... as I've seen PAO wasting tons of money on crappy players or player that don't ..play!

My take is this: you only spend $1 mil when you have a good team already and this player is one who can make the difference right away.

And, what's with Entembe? Why are we letting Kotsolis go? This kid has been a Panatha, a good goalie, and wants to prove himself.

guys in all seriousness,,,why are some people bitching about this signing????

Hes played 6 yrs in the scudetto, he's young,,,hes current international for the croatian natonal team. I just dont understand why people are sooking. What do u expect a player to come to pao from italy to come for peanuts. In international football 1 million euros is peanuts capish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If ur gonna make judgement on him,,,make it AFTER he starts playing for us.

It could have been a worser case senario..................a mitu free transfer from croatia.

And ok its a loan signing i know with an option to buy him out next yr,,,just like skachels deal from marseille.But french league and italian leagues are 2 different levels in their own.

patience

From the sounds of tribal football, it sounds like veron dosent even wanna come to pao, maybe we shouldnt hang our hopes on this

tribal football is the worst site ever!

anyways - malezani used to have veron at Parma when they won UEFA? correct...maybe he could pull a string or two and pull the rabbit out of the hat!

veron at PAO!!!!!!!!!! hmm i must be dreaming! just those two words in one sentence!

as for seric - apart from been expensive if that is correct he does have the credentials - and afterall playing the serie A for that long should have harden him up as a player

his quick and he would be more than useful i think - i rem the hype about this kid when he chose croatia over australia in france 98 and even though he didnt play that croatia squad in 98 was pretty good!

guys in all seriousness,,,why are some people bitching about this signing????

Hes played 6 yrs in the scudetto, he's young,,,hes current international for the croatian natonal team. I just dont understand why people are sooking. What do u expect a player to come to pao from italy to come for peanuts. In international football 1 million euros is peanuts capish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If ur gonna make judgement on him,,,make it AFTER he starts playing for us.

It could have been a worser case senario..................a mitu free transfer from croatia.

And ok its a loan signing i know with an option to buy him out next yr,,,just like skachels deal from marseille.But french league and italian leagues are 2 different levels in their own.

patience

yes true we will wait- but you know what we are talking about. we are often let down by this. Remember Carlos Chainho? played for Real Zaragoza and FC Porto? how about Skacel, the 'exciting' upcoming Czech who was playing for Marseille in the year they went to UEFA final in 2004...or SILVIO MARIC who had great experience in Newcastle, FC Porto and Croatian national team.................is terrible!!!! sure well wait and see Seric but for 1.1 million LOAN (we could have SPENT that money on Lagos and gotten a better, younger, permanent player) that is not peanuts- that is a lot of money for a loan and you would expect a far better player to come from that amount than Tony Seric

what better player?

did u think we could get javier zanetti or roberto carlos for 1mil euro on loan?

we where close on getting placente but he did not want to come to greece now, he is 26 years and can still play for a top side in the bundesliga.

Archived