Phantis Forums

Newcactle - Olympiakos

Montreal_Thrillos

what a disgraceful game!!! these guys seemed so intimitated like they were playing Manchester United or something I mean Newcastle really isnt that great of a team!!! :angry: Giovanni needs to be benched for the rest of the season hes a waste of space on the team!! We need a major overhaul in our offense!! This summer better be some major changes in that department or else Im changing my team to Thrasyvoulos!!!! :angry:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt sorry and ashamed, sorry for the players, for the fans who were there/

I could not helping think of Rivaldo, probably watching the game on TV and feel the same as me, or worse, after all I am only a fan, not a world Champion seeing his team being humiliated in front of Europe and the world

Playing this way we can not beat even Kerkira

My bad luck was that of all games of Oly my cable TV aired just that one

I could not stand it after the first half, and wanted to see Milan, but the same happened to them. Milan II without Dida, Nesta, Maldini and Kakazinho eliminated by Udineze of their Cup

Maybe I have to stick to telenovelas, always have a happy end

How many tears must the fans shed? Or it is only me?

Giovanni was absent – present.

Is it the end of Bajevic?

Can anything be salvaged form this season? Cup? League title? Playing like this I am afraid not

Have you anything nice to tell me? Thar I am wrong? I want to be

This evening is terrible

It is worse for me than the 7 that we got in CL

Even the commentator was astonished by “Oly’s anemic presentation” as he called it

Anemic? Looked more like drugged mosquitoes for me

:( :( :( (sigh, tears)

i am disappointed by todays scoring line i thought they would put up a better fight

i also wanted Giannou and D'acol to play for experience reasons

but wut did u guys expect

we lost the first match and tough to come back from 3 goals down and having about 6 players missing and those players from time to time start

a never seen before lineup

alot of tough things

i mean lets go back to the championship and cup and we will reevaulate the roster during the summer

im surprised us pao fans havnt jumped on you guys yet, do i sense a heart in us? lol do we show mercy?...haha i doubt it theyll probably start heckling soon :D :D :LOL:

reason being is that it was expected for us to go out

i mean we lost 3-1 at home in a very controversial way and played a game with many starters missing

3-0 to the c***s

for fuk sake lift and pull a goal or two back. this is just rubbish

I didnt like Bajevic's lineup at all

The magpies are not c***s but winners. Total domination.

What did you expect that Oly would put in 4 goals? One goal on a penalty in 2 matches and that's rubbish..is this the "top" team that represents greece? A big kouloura my friend.

It's not the lineup man it's all around play. Oly doesnt have the juice or players. Not only they need offense they require defense. Trust me I can say the same for PAO.

All you gavroi fans should stop whining about Bajevic. And even if Ribbo was there nothing would have changed my friend.

Too bad to finish like that.

reason being is that it was expected for us to go out

i mean we lost 3-1 at home in a very controversial way and played a game with many starters missing

Holly...enough with the excuses. Why can't you just admit it, you guy'sjust couldn't match up with Newcastle. All this about line-ups and CONTROVERSIAL calls should not even be mentioned. Do you honestly think that you could match up against a team like Newcastle????? Your playing in front of all of Europe and you can honestly say that Olympiakos was not going to try to put up a good match? Came on..enough is enough!!! This was Newcastle not Ergotelis...oh wait you lost to them as well..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Friendly advice to gauvrakia.

Get rid of the gerokomeio , look for young players that want to play for your club.

Get a decent coach, that has credentials in europe not in greece.

Your current side has reached its used by date...........

There is no future with this current squad, they showed it tonight..........

No more excuses guys........................

Look towards the future!

With Bajevic there is no future.....................................

guys im not gonna waste time busting balls over this loss but if my team played like this i would have lost my mind....

1. i dont care how old, how tired, or how hurt a team claims to be. you are a professional athlete, you are paid to perform. osfp players embarrased themselves, their club, and their country.....

2. i didnt excpect osfp to go thru, but how about playing with some fu#$%ng balls.... how about a couple of strong tackles in the midfield to show them that you came to compete!!!!!!!!!!!! it looked as if osfp came in trying to play for a damn tie...........your down 3-1 what the hell are you doing????????? i could understand if osfp pressed and got caught out of position and lost 4-0 but no they sat back and took it in the assssss!!!!!!

well, thats what i gotta say, i just dont understand the philosophy...if PAO played that lifeless and that guttless i would be absolutely pissed off...no excuses!

let me know what u think...

No words can describe the way I feel right about now for these "players"

All i have to say is, may the summer come swiftly, because the alcohol might kill me.

Just another game. These 'players' are gonna get paid the same anyways.

Save the booze only when your lover leaves you man B)

the overall performances of greek teams on uk is a disgrace. In over so many games the only positives i can remember were paok drawing and pao drawing in many games, pao narrowly losing 2-1 in 2002, pao drawing last yr to arsenal, athinaikos drawing in 1991, pao losing 3-1 in 2000

Then we have the 5-0 of pao 2 yrs ago,,,,,the gavri 4-0 in 2002, todays 4-0 with the tyne. THe greek clubs do not have it that good agaisnt the poms in club competition away from home. Now is that due to the way the team is tactically set to play them,,or the players psychologically are not prepared for a physical encounter.

When greece drew 2-2 in the last wc qualifier, with england for korea 2002 we saw greece scare the living daylights out of them on their home soul. Why cant greek clubs do the same for 90 MINUTES instead of spurts of good football.

GREEN

Friendly advice to gauvrakia.

Get rid of the gerokomeio , look for young players that want to play for your club.

Get a decent coach, that has credentials in europe not in greece.

Your current side has reached its used by date...........

There is no future with this current squad, they showed it tonight..........

No more excuses guys........................

Look towards the future!

With Bajevic there is no future.....................................

I AGREE 100% WITH GREEN. :tup:

WE NEED TO FOCUS ON THE LONG TERM , EVEN IF THAT MEANS NOT WINNING THE GREEK LEAGUE OR MAKING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS.

IF WE CAN BUILD UP YOUNG PLAYERS AND RECRUIT WELL THE LONG TERM GOALS WILL BE ACHEIVED 5-10 YEARS.

THERE'S NO POINT MAKING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OR UEFA CUP IF YOUR ONLY MAKING UP THE NUMBERS!!

LONG TERM GOALS AND SUCCESS IS THE KEY OF GOOD TEAMS.

Guest Protathlitis

Ok then; overall another fairly terrible year for Greek teams in Eurpope

The worst teams in this order:

MPOAK - Disgraceful; and they didnt even play enough so they could show us just how badly they would embaress us

Aek - Disgraceful; I've heard arguments that they didnt really care about uefa that much but thats all bullshit. they were disgusting

PAO - got 1 or 2 good results in CL but overall there campaign was horrible; the football they played and somehow expected to get results from was disgraceful. gets a 1-0 against sevilla but then plays familiar pana trash on the away leg and gets beaten 2-0

Olympiakos - Had a very good CL campaign, playing great football until the disgraceful last game which meant it was all for nothing. only the 2nd evr team to go out with 10 points. Has a promising start to uefa with 2 wins over soso. Hosts newcastle and gets cruxified by the refs but in reality still let in 3 goals at home. Goes to england to try and keep the aggregate respectable; and plays with no heart and loses 4-0 to a team which isnt even that good

vazelokotes, some of you tried to give us some advice; how about you worry about your your own shitty club.

my prediction for next year; pao play like s%$#! ,will get embarassed even worse, and will further damage the myth that they are a good european team

unless Bajevic is given the power and money to bring in some young quality OSFP will face the same frustrations again

Guest Protathlitis

When greece drew 2-2 in the last wc qualifier, with england for korea 2002 we saw greece scare the living daylights out of them on their home soul. Why cant greek clubs do the same for 90 MINUTES instead of spurts of good football.

our NT has nothing to do with our clubs record in that country; I dont even want to link talk about the two in the same breath :gr:

Our NT is bliss right now and is plain and simple a better team that most of the world including england

our clubs on the other hand obviously have a problem there. Im a bit baffled by it seeing as how english clubs fail in europe on the whole themselves

Archived