Phantis Forums

Greek-Torrents is up again!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a word of warning:

Make sure you have a great anti-virus program running on your computer or make sure you read the comments carefully because some of these files have viruses.

Greek-Torrents have been okay so far but I got one in Torrent-Spy.

• 2 weeks later...

For the experts on torrents:

I get the following message on two titles on my ABC3.0 client:

"rejected by tracker - unregistered torrent"

Anybody knows what this means? I downloaded both titles from greek_torrents.

Greektorrents.com

In order to achieve the best functionality and securing all new members wishing to enjoy the site they have to register in the forum first, complete all the required fields in their profile and then for their registration to tracker they have to ask for an invitation code from the moderator Invite, by sending a personal message (PM) to:

http://greek-torrents.com/vbulletin/privat...do=newpm&u=8224

Ziaka, this message appears whenever the file is no longer available for download on the tracker. Try to find the file again and re-start the download (if it's available).

The first of the 7 Euro 2004 DVDs with greek commentary (you can chose between Vernikos or Helakis) is up for downloading at greektorrents. The rest will be up shortly. This is the official series that just came out in Greece lately.

A MUST HAVE collection for everyone!

I've had nothing but problems with greek-torrents inthe last weeks or so. Everytime I try to download something I get the following error message:

C:\Documents and Settings\?????\Local Settings\temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\"file".torrent

FAILED: .torrent file does not exist or cannot be read

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Your torent file has probably been moved or deleted and it's not in your dfeault downoad location.

1. Delete temporary internet files (TOOLS-INTERNET OPTIONS-TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES-DELETE FILES).

2. Re-download the same file from greektorrents. If you didn't move the already downloaded piece the download should resume from the point it has been interrupted.

Ziaka,

I suggest you tell your ABC program to download the torrent files somewhere else but the temporary internet explorer files folder. This file is being empty regularly automatically by your pc and it also deletes the torrents each time it does that.

I have created a new folder on my desktop and I put all my downloads there. That way I am the only one that deletes files, not my pc.

Let us know what happened.

Guest gastone_1978

Well I suggest he changes client. ABC is one of the worst clients to be honest. Azureus or BitTorrent are miles better than ABC. I had loads of problems with ABC, which appears to be less flexible and less functional than the other two mentioned above.

If you have any further probs let us know

I have kind of the same problem. I downloaded the closing ceremony of the olympics and it was saved as a temporary file. when the download was finished i moved it in the directory with all my other downloaded torrents and now when i leave it running it downloads again from the beginning as a temporary file even though i have 100% of it in another folder. i obviously can't upload anything and it's killing my ratio.

anyone have suggestions?

When you start a download from greektorrents (like any other torrent site) first you download a very small piece (absdefg.torrent) about 30 Bytes. This piece works like a "magnet", attracts the big file and put it in a folder that you chose. It is generally located in C:\Program Files\ABC\torrent, but not always (go there to see how it looks like!).

1. If you move the small file to another directory (or delete it by mistake if it is in a Temporary Folder) your torrent software sees the big file but does not have the small "magnet" file to continue the download so you get a "FAILED: .torrent file does not exist or cannot be read" error message. In this case you need to restart the download from the exact same place using the exact same link as you have to find the exact same "magnet" piece in order to continue your download from the point you left it. Unless you can find the small "magnet" piece and move it to the default location again (more difficult).

2. If you move the big piece of your download (hopefully you do this yourself and not accidentally since you shouldn't have it in your Internet Explorer Temporary Folder) or for any reason renamed it, then your small "magnet" file tries to find it in in your default location in order to continue the download or seed and obviously it can't do it. So it thinks that you haven't downloaded anything and starts the download from the beginning. In this case, move the big file to the default location (or type back its default name) and restart your torrent software. The download or seeding will start from the point you left it.

Ziaka falls in the first category while North-Westener falls in the second.

As far as which torrent client you should use, it's really a matter of preference. I use ABC because I had no problems so far and it doesn't use as many system resources as other clients.

I hope this makes thinks more clear.

Guest gastone_1978

Also another Hint: Do not use the same folder to save the torrents you download from greek-torrents and other torrent sites as it may affect your ratio negatively for various reasons and also cause you some other problems like the ones Ziaka mentioned.

As for the first case that Spiro said. Some files are removed from the tracker and then need to be reseeded because some users ask for them again after sometime. In that case the name of the resseded file may have changed. Therefore if you need to seed this new file that has been uploaded on the tracker, which has the same nodes with the one you have already downloaded, Rename the file as it is Exactly named from the original seeder (uploader) and create a new torrent with the same name as well.

If the original file is not the same with the one you have, whether you rename it or not it doesn't matter since it will not recognize the original file nodes from the the file that has already been seeded on the tracker.

by the way, to add to Spiro's post above, the 2nd DVD of the euro box set (match vs. Spain) is now available for download this afternoon.

i don't know about anyone else but when i downloaded the first match, both commentaries were playing at the same time and you could barely understand a thing. but still it's priceless and a must have.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived