Phantis Forums

Greek-Torrents is up again!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many people (leechers) are trying to get the file from only one (seeder).

The seeder is dividing his upload speed to all of you that's why you don't get anything. Some of you should take a walk and come back in a couple of hours.

Guest Protathlitis

apparently, we should all pause our downloads and just wait until there is more than 3 seeders

otherwise we'll be here for weeks

OK everyone pause their download; for the good of everyone

There was a new upload from Sonix, 2 seeds and Iam download as I type at over 100 kilobytes a second.

The other file not only had only one seeder, but everyone was setting limits on their upload speed as well, talk about not giving a ###### for anyone but themselves :tdown:

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean "to work"? You can't download them or you can't watch the files?

Follow the instructions above for downloading torrents and then PM me if you can't play them. You may not have the available codecs. I'll sent them to you. The file has to be FULLY downloaded (100% completed) to play or preview it.

i used to get a tracker error but i swictched to bitcomet and its working great now.....also can someone explain the upload/download ratio? what happens if you have a low total upload?

also more importantly i thought id tell people that the

Road To Euro 2004 with all the highlights from the qualifying has been uploaded.....

PLEASE SEED!

disaster here, all my video players keep crashing, son of a bitch !

i need to stop with running these beta distrobutions <_<

drakos13: well its basically what it says it is. a ratio of the amount you've downloaded versus the amount uploaded. overall it doesnt really have any implications but if it's low your not helping the community one bit. in greek-torrents.com you must keep this ratio above 0.4 (i believe) or else you risk the cancellation of your account there. with a ratio of over 1.5 you can even upload files people may ask for in the forums and what not.

Here are the facts for greek-torrents.com:

Ratio<0.5 Your account gets deleted automatically.

Ratio<0.6 You wait 3 days to connect for a download.

Ratio<0.7 You wait 2 days to connect.

Ratio>0.7 You get connected immediatelly.

You need a ratio above 1.5 and at least 2GB uploaded to be able to create a new torrent and upload your files.

You need to have 30 posts in the forums to be eligible to start a new topic (therefore to request anything).

I don't agree with everything but the administrators think they are necessary for the site to operate.

i think this is fair.....this way people will actually seed. There is no real incentive to seed in torrents but they have put one in cleverly....it helps the community :tup:

can anyone in here request the PAO-OSFP derby?? i dont have the requirements/time....

OK guys. I went ahead and downloaded the Bittorrent Client (ABC 3.0) and also signed up at Greek-Torrents.com

Can someone give me a brief description what to do next. How do I download, upload, seed, etc ...

Let's say I am looking for particular item. What do I do?

What if I have something that I might want to make available?

This torrents stuff is new to me. I use peer to peer stuf such as SoulSeek and I am very happy with it, but they don't offer much Greek related stuff.

Once you have the client you are ready my friend.

Go to the G.T. tracker, and either browse, or look under Misc. or Greek TV, for football games.

Click on the title of the torrent you want and it will show up on your client screen ready for download

Make sure you leave your client open well after the file is completed, it will then seed.

To keep up a good ratio, I would recommend seeding at least as much as you download (1.0 ratio)

PEACE

U/D Ratio=Your uploads versus your downloads. Simple mathematical type.

Examples:

If You downloaded 100MB and you uploaded 50MB your U/D ratio is 0.5.

If you downloaded 100MB and you uploaded 100MB your U/D ratio is 1.0

If you downloaded 50MB and you uploaded 100MB your ratio is 2.0

My downloading the Euro 2004 games (greek commentary) from Greek-Torrents days are over.

I am going to buy the Official ERT/UEFA 7 DVD EURO Hellas Box set for $100. I think it is well worth it over some video capture.

also more importantly i thought id tell people that the

Road To Euro 2004 with all the highlights from the qualifying has been uploaded.....

PLEASE SEED!

It seems to get stuck at 99%. has anyone loaded the full thing and got it to work.

Archived