Olympiakos - AEK, Championship 2004/05

nightsurfer

What do you think ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think ?

• Olympiakos wins
    • They will draw
    • AEK does it again

It has to be said...that till the 0 : 1 AEK was the better team.... and after this Goal, which came from no where and Xiotis should not exit , leaving all the Goal empty, if he was not sure that he can get the ball.

In such situations you go only out to get the ball, if you are sure that you will get the ball and not leaving all the goal empty...

Kai oxi .....Ego vgeno....kai oti mou vgi , as vgi..... Den paisoume Rouleta edo....

Afto den ine Monte Carlo, aftos ine Pireas.

Vgenis ligo exo, kai klinis the angle.... because Okkas has to take a difficult volley ball... , would he have done that (just exit 1,5 to 2 meter...you control the space, you close the angle the most possible and you position yourself nearer to the ball ) .... he could have collected the ball easily... (So myself or 2ndMouse)....as the ball was very easy to catch..if he would have advanced as I described....

If Okkas would have tried to stop the ball ( we know that Okkas is a bad technician....and Xiotakis should know it also) and the ball jumps away from him... exactly at this moment of a fraction of a Second..you go and grab the ball....

It is played this way...... In the Youth Teams... I played Libero....((later in the First team, I played between Midfield and Attack)) With this tactic , I could get all the balls...(nearly all :rolleyes: ) ...watch exactly and knowing when to go to get the ball....it's a mater of 1/10 of seconds....

One day our Goalkeeper was injured, I went to the Goal... I had nothing to save on the Line..... I mean take a dive or a plongeon a la Eleutheropoulos.... Played position game a la Banks (Irlandos knows of whom I m speaking of)..... The balls came all straight to me..... Knowing when and how to get out of my Goal... I could stop all the attacks... (Here I m speaking of only one game, when I played Goalkeeper....no Goal conceeded and no plongeon a la Eleutheropoulos....but only Position Game...i

Telos Panton....

After the 0 : 1 , which came from no where , as till then, we were controlling the game.....Olympiakos took a moral burst...as they needed it ....and from that moment ....Olympiakos was the better team....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, whatever makes you feel good file nightsurfer. Even after the 1-0, we missed classic opportunities, and after the 1-1 natrually it was going to be HELL for aek, which it was.

Telos panton, good luck, I hope you finish in 2nd as I'd like to see your team in CL next year, after a year of gelling well, some empeiria would be perfect. B)

In the least, the prwtathlhma has some endiaferon...............

Xanthi could have made ground today too, but the refs sliced that ending.

Guest Protathlitis

It has to be said...that till the 0 : 1 AEK was the better team

:blink:

start to finish execpt for that couple of minutes when soares got that header on goal OSFP was clearly on top

Hey, whatever makes you feel good file nightsurfer. Even after the 1-0, we missed classic opportunities, and after the 1-1 natrually it was going to be HELL for aek, which it was.

Telos panton, good luck, I hope you finish in 2nd as I'd like to see your team in CL next year, after a year of gelling well, some empeiria would be perfect. B)

1.) The Italians say, .... Goal fallito , Goal Subito

.......English : Missed Goal, Conceeded Goal

It is known that if a team misses too many Goalchances, then the match will turn.., what happened yesterday...

2.) I m and we are very pleased with the draw, because Olympiakos missed a chance yesterday to keep AEK and PAO in distance

3.) AEK remains a hot title contender..... if we don't lose in Leoforos , we will be very near to the title....

4.) I think PAOK will play an important role for the Championship

.....Has PAO already won in Toumba ? No way ?

As I said yesterday while watching the match.

Olympiakos were by far the better team

But despite noone at AEK complaining after the match, if someone looks closelly at the refs decisions they would see how, especially the assistants ruined many chances for AEK to look much more dangerous!

This does not mean AEK did not control that game in the first half .... we did. But could not make chances or were stopped with false offside calls.

But I have to admit that in the second hald Olympiakos couldeasily put the 3 points inthe bag early on and rest. If only Giovani was 5% more serious.

Then again. In football chances dont count. And AEK could even stael the win (which would be somehow unfair).

Anyway,

I think that now Olympiakos has a slightly more difficult programme than AEK and PAO, but PAO are still sleeping ... they are not in top form and if it was not for 3-4 last minute Michalakis goals they would be - 7 to - 8 points.

AEK was also very lucky in the two games with Olympiakos and Ergotelis and Chalkidona. But from our squad it was to be expected and every game IS a derby, no matter who the opponent

I think that is they dont shoot themselves on the foot, Olympiakos have a slightly better chance at the title right now.

But the fight should be very close

Good luck to all

We at AEK should be VERY glad we are up there and I am sure this year will be the basis for a very good squad.

We have to take also this into the consideration.....as you said

before the 0 : 1.... when we were controling the game....., the linesman put 2 situations offiside, which were onside.....and could have brought us into tete-a-tete positions.....and the possible lead.....

It would have been interesting to see how then Olympiakos would have reacted..... with his low moral psychology that they have since a couple of weeks...

I know it is all speculation.....

After Italia90 a mundial with very low Goalscoring....FIFA brought the new offside rule.......in order to make football more attractive. And they knew that only Goals make Football attractive..... the next Mundial was planned for the United States.......

They cashed a lot of Dollars from the American TV Stations...and they had to sell an attractive product.

So what have they done (FIFA), they changed the Offside Rule in order to produce more goals.

before, same line = offside.....

afterwards, same line = onside

before, linesmen in doubt = offside

afterwards, linesmen in doubt = onside

Saying this I don't want to take the merits of Olympiakos off, because all in all they were the better team.

Guest Protathlitis

the 0 : 1.... when we were controling the game

again man :blink: are you kidding me?

as for the reffing; apart from one offside on soares which was clearly onside nobody did anybody any favours. he gave OSFP something like 7 yellow cards to aek's 3

Protathliti... your facts are not correct...

And in Life you advanced more...when you are willing to learn....than when you refuse to learn...

as for the reffing; apart from one offside on soares which was clearly onside

Plus one on Cesar... I did not only watch the game live.... but also watched the show Athlitiki Kyriaki, which gave a big emphasis to the offsides - onsides situations.....

nobody did anybody any favours. he gave OSFP something like 7 yellow cards to aek's 3

Oly:

I'll agree, the linesmen did make mistakes. I remember the fash with Cesar, but i also remember where Soares was offside and was adjuded onside as well, but thankfully tried to slide it to Cesar instead of Lymbe who was unmarked 4 feet behind running into the play.

As for the cards, they speak for themselves. Aek commited at least DOUBLE the fouls OSFP did (i think it was well over 40 fouls committed by aek) and how many yellows did they get ?

I think we were lucky to get out with a tie. I am happy with it.

I thought we looked like we were playing with 8 men for the last 20 minutes. After Oly playing Newcastle on thursday and they are an older team... and we have young fast guys, I expected that we would have been Turbo in the second half.

Thank GOD, Santos has cleared his head and played Moras.

Thank GOD Santos took out Caesar as he was getting abused by Mauroyenidis.

Thank GOD Giovanni was up to his classic "form" and missed 2 bunnies... DAMN

Luckily Okkas missed his header and Moras headed off a Castillio shot.

I think that our long ball to Soares works against smaller teams, but not against bigger teams. Dump and chase needs to be changes for next season.

Overall I am glad we got away with a tie and that the Derby has passed...

Boring game as far as I'm concerned. You could hear the crickets in the stands..Endless tackles and fouls.

If Oly are the "fantastic" team they failed again to put away AEK who seem lucky to be holding for 3rd place in spite of inconsistencies.

Olympiakos should have won this game v AEK and should have sealed up the title by now

but again who would have figured AEK and Xanthi to be 3rd and 4th place this season

its one of these weird seasons

and who would have expected Olympiakos and Panathiniakos to have a combine 6 losses and 10-15 draws

go figure

but again who would have figured AEK and Xanthi to be 3rd and 4th place this season

its one of these weird seasons

and who would have expected Olympiakos and Panathiniakos to have a combine 6 losses and 10-15 draws

go figure

Having more competition just makes things more interesting. I'm glad to see Xanthi where they are and they might surprise many at the end of the season.

I dont think it's about being a weird season. The 'big' teams like OLY,PAO and even AEK (in spite of their $problems) cannot win them all and when they dont everyone calls for heads to roll and fans get fired up. Because they're the traditional strong teams everyone expects them to win.

Someone here made an excellent point about the greek sports media being a bad catalyst and influence on the game..I agree.

Someday I would love to see another team like Panonios or Iraklis to win and make headway in europe like many other teams in europe do.

Guest Protathlitis

And in Life you advanced more...when you are willing to learn....than when you refuse to learn...

ok I got the yellow cards wrong but is there any need for a funny sounding comment like this? :P

but my amazement was more with your opinion that you 'controlled' and were not being controlled before the 1-0

Archived