Phantis Forums

Rivaldo contribution

Montreal_Thrillos

shearer is also not at all what he used to be

what a useless comparison between this proven goalscorer and this world class player who will go down as one of the all time greats not only because he has done just about everything

useless is correct...they are two different players with differnt positions...rivaldo WAS incredible whist shearer is STILL incredible...

(i like rivaldo very much, this isnt a rip on him...its just that shearer has been consistant in his performances for years...)

to ch-thrynos' post...im not sure rivaldo would have succeded in england anyway..his style is more leaning towards a spanish and italian style then an english...even the star of players sometimes cant produce in the premier league simply because of a clashing of styles..its been seen alot of times before..the premier league is providing a much different version of football then most leagues..its kind of turning now because of the intorduction of many many foreign players, but the premier league is very unique in its style and alot of playe4ers wouldnt be able to cope with the change...anywa..we will never know how rivaldo would have done in the premier leeague ;)

does it matter whether or not Rivaldo could have played in England

to me their is no doubt he could play their

still got the skill level

Liverpool defenders couldn't really guard him one on one

lets also do remember Rivaldo played a good part of his career is Spain which is has the #1 league in the world

and did play a short stint in Italy #2 league in the world

and lets not forget he has been on the best NT and that is Brazil where he was a starter and went to two final's apperances winning once

no doubt he could have played in England but thank god he doesn't

b/c he wouldn't be on Olympiakos

Guest Protathlitis

Rivaldo HAS been incredible this season for OSFP and thats why Im glad to hear that you pao fans have stopped the comparisons with gonzalez or any ridiculous claims that he is no longer a great player

Rivaldo was and is a class above the shitty EPL. None of the real greats of football have played there.

I wouldent hold anything against Maradona, Rivaldo because they never played in england. I do however hold it against shearer that he never played in Italy or Spain and never played for a bigger club than newcastle

for starters English players don't go abroad

maybe that explains their lack of play in NT competitions

do remember Rivaldo has been a big time player in C.L.

27 career goals in the highest form of club competition

he has more goals then Shearer in NT play also

no comparision period

Archived