Phantis Forums

Rivaldo contribution

Montreal_Thrillos

since rivaldo joiuned our team he helped out sell tickets, but more important help in europe

Fine its only the uefa but if they keep playing like this they might go all the way

what do u think?

u dam right he was worth

the club has made so much money of him and he has been good on the field

the club and fans with it adore him

he is worth it

Absolutely.

Rivaldo has contributed to OLY a lot. Also, OLY has helped him a lot too. both the team and the player have helped each other mutually. Rivaldo has brought along some attention to OLY, and in turn OLY has given him much needed playing time and a chance to show his skills at the highest level.

Although no were near his best days, i dont think age is a big factor. he has slowed down a bit, but has compensated lack of pace with his experience and vision. (think of players like figo, zidane etc.....)

his performances so far has been average to very good. the only times when he has not played well was when he is used as a absolute striker(which he is not) or when opposition teams were closing him down too much, preventing supply to him. otherwise, i feel he has been preety good. the fact is, people expect too much out of him in every match. ofcourse, he cant deliver the goods all the time.

Given time and patience, hopefully Ribo will get more integrated into the team and help the team out with his valuable experience and skills.

Guest Protathlitis

Even if Ribo leaves at the end of the season (which I dont think he will) I dont know anyone could say he hasnt been well worth it.

Hes contributed to our ticket sales (although not as much as people think given Osfp great attendance records from other seasons)

Hes been superb for the big games; the derby, every CL game and now both of the UEFA ones

Not only that hes proved anybody who said he wouldent give a fuk about the small games wrong......Hes defended and tried his heart out even in early cup ties

:nw: RIVALDOO :nw:

Protathlitis: our sales are up well over 300% , enough said.

As for where it COUNTS (on the pitch) he has been INCREDIBLE, goal after crucial goal, assist after crucial assist and even when he is off a night, he still does a great deal with marking and helping the defense, with winning and keeping position and winning key fouls (like yesterday) the total TEAM player.

Vitor Borba Rivaldo :nw:

BOW DOWN

People say that Rivaldo is weak and that he cant play. That is a bunch of crap because a player never loses his talent to play the game. Also Rivaldo is a good player for Olympiakos but not nessesarily for Real Madrid. He also has given Giovanni some company. Rivaldo helped his teammates with everything. He should be the best player of 2005. Contributor.

Guest Protathlitis

Vasillie, I was talking about attendances only, are they up 300%?

If so it probably has something to with our stadium being 300% times as big....still not to discount his his input

People say that Rivaldo is weak and that he cant play. That is a bunch of crap because a player never loses his talent to play the game. Also Rivaldo is a good player for Olympiakos but not nessesarily for Real Madrid. He also has given Giovanni some company. Rivaldo helped his teammates with everything. He should be the best player of 2005. Contributor.

He may not lead the league in scoring but do u see any other better player playing in greece?

Gonzalez from the greens is not thats for sure.

Vasillie, I was talking about attendances only, are they up 300%?

If so it probably has something to with our stadium being 300% times as big....still not to discount his his input

did u notice that despite the sad euro camp[aigns before this year.. we have sold out every home game so far ?

this comes to show u we dont give on our team through the worse

When it is all said and done Rivaldo has been great for the club

great moments

great psychologically

great everything

he will stay with Olympiakos b/c he has a nice contract and the fact that he leaves Olympiakos wut team will take him ???

he won't settle for the small clubs in the la liga thats for sure

he is great end of story

Prosopika nomizw pws o Baievitz exei kanei perisotera gia thn omada, kai oso kai na aksizei o Rivaldo tha figei sta erxomena xronia epidi o olympiakos na kerdizei (pwliseis fanellwn einai allo pragma kai mporoume na tis auksisoume me allous neoterous paixtes) den thelei vendettes egoistes... theloume paixtes san ton karembe pou einai kaula ston agona kai tapeinoi ektos tou ghpedou

Rivaldo is still world-class, and he will outduel Shearer. Shay Given will hate him forever.

Shearer is great but his position requires alot less responsibilty then of Rivaldo

Shearer is the classic striker and scores goals

Rivaldo does more then just score he needs to fight for possession and create for others

plus Rivaldo is the greater of the 2 players hands down

but both players will have a chance to shine

let the games begin

curreently... i cant see how anyone can say rivaldo is better then shearer...shearer is ripping it apart in the premiership and killing defenses...i dont think rivaldo could hold up in the premier league right now...in his past defeinitlyl...but not now...rivaldo is still a very good player, but i dont think anyone can reasonably argue that he is better then shearer...they dont even play the same position...shearer is playing PREMIERSHIP football week in week out and year in year out he is a leading scorer...rivaldo is doing well in the greek league and in europe, but shearer is probably still one of the best strikers in the game..he has everything a good striker needs

Guest Protathlitis

curreently... i cant see how anyone can say rivaldo is better then shearer...shearer is ripping it apart in the premiership and killing defenses...i dont think rivaldo could hold up in the premier league right now...in his past defeinitlyl...but not now...rivaldo is still a very good player, but i dont think anyone can reasonably argue that he is better then shearer...they dont even play the same position...shearer is playing PREMIERSHIP football week in week out and year in year out he is a leading scorer...rivaldo is doing well in the greek league and in europe, but shearer is probably still one of the best strikers in the game..he has everything a good striker needs

shearer is and always has been a great striker and goal scorer but people just dont rate him higher than players like Rivaldo because he obviously doesent have as much technique, skill and which makes you player of the year

Rivaldo has been instrumental in every big game for OSFP this season; and its good to see the ridiculous comparison with gonzalez has stopped ;)

i have to reiterate..the rivaldo that won the world footballer of the year is not nearly the same player now as he was then...then him and shearer could be comparable...but not now... ;)

i'd say there is also another fact you have to consider: shearer plays in the pl for years now. he "knows" the game in the pl. rivaldo never played there. i'd say if he had played in the uk he would be better than he is now. he would have added another style of play to the ones he already learned in brazil, spain and italy. he would have been forced to play more physical which would have helped his fitness and physical condition.

Guest Protathlitis

shearer is also not at all what he used to be

what a useless comparison between this proven goalscorer and this world class player who will go down as one of the all time greats not only because he has done just about everything

Archived