Phantis Forums

Should the Oly fans be tolerated?

zachos

I mentioned about PAOK fans.. They are as bad as you (not you personally I mean Thrynos fans)...

And of course we PAO fans are no better but at least we are trying to do something about it (ID's, Ticket club etc etc) rather than crying out in National TV to the Athletic judges and the Sports minister... ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we can take the violence out of soccer and still create an atmosphere that intimidates the opposing club

we see that in England where it has worked to perfection and the same needs to be made in Greece

thats the way it should be. but unfortunately a lot of greek fans get insane from one moment to the other if their team doesnt fullfill their expectations.

@protathlitis: i dont know if your post was directed to me. the seat throwing is nothing new in greece.

but on the video it seemed, that none of the ergotelis fans wanted to get involved into fights. they tried to safe themselves from the idiots. it might sound stupid, but here in switzerland as soon as rival fans want to fight each other, they do this outside of the stadium. and whoever doesnt want to participate doesnt get harmed. even if he walks by at his "enemies".

all this violent stuff in the stadiums should not take place in the stadiums.

but finally it looks like justice starts working. some of the rioting people got their punishment and they have to go to jail for 6-18months and each of them has to pay 3000 euros. :tup:

I would say pappou that PAOK "mauroi" are worse that Oly fans, not as bad.

But why want to compare the situation where fans are agitated for more reasons than footbal (like in Thessaloniki), and given they have their own problems in their management, with big clubs in Athens that try to create a European profile?

What is really bothering is that although Oly has done the best effort in the latest years to be in European standards (of course benefiting the private interests of the owner, in legal and illegal ways, too) and this image is lost by bad behavior of some. Now, if some of you Oly fans don't understand this and want to be compared with PAOK fans, you are unfair to your own team. ;)

I would not want the atmosphere of the US, either. It was probably a bad example. But I don't consider the US as uncivilized. They are not the most civized, thats for sure.

Archived