Phantis Forums

Malezani new PAO coach?

m_kafes

You know I wish they would make a goddamn decision already! What the hell kind of team is without a coach several days before a uefa Cup match? What kind of team goes through 3 coaches in one season? It just comes down to the fact that they don't want to spend the money on a really good coach, even though they can. These clowns need to get their heads out of their asses and go find work elsewhere (preferably outside of Greece or on another planet). Do you think we'll be able to find someone reputable and stick w/ him for at least 2 seasons while these idiots are running the program? This comedy is getting old, I'm sick of it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alefantos as coasch

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What so he can make all our subs in the first half, than sub the subs

than go out on national TV and cry bc he lost!!!!!!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Alefantos - go back to OSFP - I think they need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is he playing hard to get?

Who or what does he think he is? The second coming of super coaches.

He should be flattered that PAO are considering him for the post of coach. Again, it's a complex that a lot of foreign coaches have when it comes to Greece. It's as though they're slumming it or something. Additionally, the Greek newspapers and media are splashing this guy's name/face all over their pages as though he was something his history has proven that he isn't.

I don't get it.

It seems to me that Jigger is toying with PAO's fanbase. First he supposedly "brings" in a foreign coach who is still attached to his current club..who are still in first place. As if to say..look PAO fans...look at the guy I'm going to bring in. I'm spending money on a "first rate coach" who has had success in Europe, yadda, yadda, yadda...

That falls through. Why? Because Sollied didn't want to stiff his current club? Maybe because there wasn't a deal in the first place.

Now the intention is bring in Big Al. Another foreign coach Jigger/PAO can claim will bring them to the promised land.

Dunno...I just don't buy it.

http://www.contra.gr/story.55471.html says that's all wrapped up. Good luck to Melitzana! I do hope that Pappou is right, that this guy understands our mentality (similar to Italians).

As for the game against Seville tomorrow I think it's open... just hope that Fylakouris leaves with another euro win!

Turk, Big Al is the nickname I've given this guy. The picture of him losing it is on the first page of this thread. Big Al just came to mind.

Like Athinaios stated, it does indeed look like he's hammered some sort of deal out with PAO and he'll be taking over after the UEFA match. All the best to him and PAO....I hope this guy works out for them...not so much for Jigger's sake or the admin's pocketbooks, but for the fans.

Just a few details...about malesani.

He prefers a 3-5-2 formation...that looks like 3-4-1-2.

He hates draws as much as losses, and prepares his team to win not to draw etc

He will be the first coach we have had who has actually won a european title as a manager.

He has a keen eye for talent, having produced in his famous parma team a squad of topclass players.

i have a good feeling about this guy, i think his better then our 2 previous coaches...

so is the deal done?

Im 60/40 about this guy he can either be really good for Pao or really Crap!

If we start dropping points from now on the players have no excuses

guys, I feel that this season is quite lost in terms of Ethniki... The one aim for PAO is clinching a-guarantee-CL-spot... and of course the UEFA Cup...

youve got to be kidding? lost already? the lead is 5 now and if we beat osfp and they slip up in touba or with aek we have a great chance still but we also have to win.....

Career path

The Panathinaikos job is the first outside Italy for Malesani, who was born in Verona in 1954 and began his coaching career in 1989 with the youth team of AC Chievo Verona. By 1994 he had become Chievo's head coach and led them to promotion from Serie C1 to Serie B.

UEFA Cup winner

He took the step up to Serie A in 1997 with AC Fiorentina and the following year was appointed coach at Parma AC, where he won the UEFA Cup in 1999. Since then he has had disappointing stays at Hellas-Verona FC, whom he could not save from relegation in 2003, and Modena FC, where he was sacked last year.

Hopefully he proves worthwile in which i have big hopes.

Ideal situation for him...would obviously be to win the title, but he would also love to get us through to the nextround of UEFA and then face parma his beloved team, knock them out, go on to win the uefa.

Lets face it regardless of his record, and the doubts that people may have he is the first person to to coach in greece having won an actual european trophy.

To me Malesani is not so bad.

Here in Italy is not really well considered, but don't forget that he won a UEFA cup. After he went away, Parma didn't win anything else. But, however, the most important thing is the feeling a trainer has with his team.

Archived