Phantis Forums

Malezani new PAO coach?

m_kafes

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mou spaei ta neura na pernoume apolimenous proponites... den ksero ti na po!

kaliteros prepei na einai apo ton Xalilxotzits kai Mateous.... still i wanna stay o Filakouris... i dont want him to leave..... :(

This guy is a LOOSER big time...

Ask any MODENA and VERONA fan.

Those teams were both relegated during his time. He got Verona (a team with ambitions to get to europe and got relegated)

The only decent think he has done was a long time ago with PARMA (but he had REALLY great players)

I'm not a fan of Italian coaches, and from what I've read about this Melitzana he doesn't sound too good to me. We'll see. I was hoping for that Scandinavian guy...

Friends, I'm fed up with losers. We're not getting any younger and can't see years go by with my team creeping along... I said stick with Fylakouris as long as necessary until we find a great coach, but who listens to me?.... The problem with getting a coach now in the middle of the (lost?) season is that if he's not good it won't be that evident.... so he'll get another chance next season to screw things up! Another year older and having another similar conversation....

I hope the Melitzana turns out to be OK. Keeping my fingers crossed.

PS>As long as the boss cannot make the right decisions because of the lack of knowledge or whatever and as long as he doesn't have 1-2 people who truly know things, nothing good will happen. I even give you Pappou's point that Tzigger cares/loves PAO.... Love doesn't give you insight. Love kills. Love can make you blind... Happy Valentine's Day!

As if I knew it huh? Ok Italian coach would be the best solution for PAO which has always been a defensive team... I am not sure however if this guy has the balls to fight over the Vendettas of our team... However nobody can argue that he is much better and more experienced than Solid.... ;)

He won the UEFA at 1999, and don't tell me about the Parma players (Buffon, Crespo etc etc) because you need to contriol such players in order for them to perform....

I think we fans, need to be on HIS side rather than the players side... The players had enough excuses already. If the results go against us, we need to stick to this guy so that our Basinades can understand that this time they won't have an alibi and target the coach once again... Besides Malezani is not Schum nor Skazni. For me, a man who has coached a Serie A team is one of the best you can get.... ;)

if he can coach in the serie A he can coach this so called team we have....

I'm not sure I can agree totally with that statement. Just because he's coached in the Serie A doesn't make him a better coach by leaps and bounds.

Olympiakos had that joke of a coach a few years back and he had coached in the

Serie A. Whatever happened to him eh?

Terim coached in the Serie A, he didn't last long either.

This move would be a mistake on PAO's part. This guy's track record isn't too encouraging to say the least. He did well with Parma....granted. But he had the players to work with to be successful. And even then, he finished 4th. From then on, has he been a success? No. Did he have the players to work with? Probably not.

Coming to PAO would give this guy a new chance. But do you think Vardinoyianni is going to necessarily give him the players he needs to work with, to build a winner? Has Jigger's history suggested that he would spend the money to do such a thing?

PAO should see out the season with Fylakouris. Let the players have some stability. After all, what is there to salvage at this point? UEFA? The A' Ethniki?

Insofar as Trond Sollied is concerned...my Norwegian contact stated that he declined the offer made by PAO because of a few clauses that were put in. One of them basically affirmed that if he didn't get a 1st place finish next year, the club had the right to fire him without compensating him for the rest of his contract or something like that. Rumours have the guy either going back to Rosenborg or taking over another Belgian club. He's also taking intensive French lessons as well so make your own conclusions.

yeah he has coached a serie a club.....and yes you need a system etc and good coach to make those players....but he wont be able to do the same at PAO, italian coaches outside of italy are losers. look what ranieri did to valencia he ruined the team.... cesare maldini hasnt done s%$#!....we need to have some experience from within the club like Fylakouris...this guy knows the team and players and is very dedicated it seems.....id rather finish off with him rather than get some italian wiseass to blow our season away with his adjustments.

Drako, Fylakouris is passionate but under no way he is used or experienced enough to lead PAO to success... You need someone to kick ass!!! Fylakouris is good for making "Kolokotroni" speaches to lift you up against Kalamaria, but when it comes to European matches you need more than that...

The good about an Italian coach (apart from them being the most skillfull) is that their mentality is similar to ours. Imagine bringing a north european coach where you would hear the typical words "we are a new team, and new teams need time etc etc". These people have become coaches by working on a completely different environment than ours. They have the respect of the players, patiance of the fans and management and THEY CAN afford couple of wasted seasons just to create a new team for the future. We, Greeks do not think that way. We think as the Italians do.... We need a coach now, and a perfect team straight away!!!!

The Italians know about this things. They know about the pressure of the fans and MOST OF ALL they KNOW about the pressure of the press!!! Don't forget an Italian team might win 5-0 and the press may bury the coach for giving such orders to the players which got them tired.... The Italians only look at the results (same in Greece). They don't care so much about fantesie football, and they don't care if the team actually plays quality football... They know it best that a result is what stays at the back of people's minds.... ;)

I have actually witnessed Italian fans being harsh on a coach when their National Team won by more than 2 goals difference!!!! They were actually arguing that there was no need for such a victory and that the players got tired for no reason!!! ;)

I know its crazy but this is exactly what we need... The only problem with Malezani is that he is not SUCH a big name... That is why I said from the beginning bring a 90 year old, Geoff, Maldini, Trapatoni type of coach..... It doesn't matter what qualities they have, all it matters is that the pressure will be away from the coach, management, fans, and everybody will start blaming the right people.... (i.e. PLAYERS!!!!)

After all, dont tell me that Fylakouris tought the players how to play football within his 4 day stay... The 5-1 win against Kalamaria PROVES that the ALITAKIA players that we have do not perform ON PURPOSE!!!! They had a problem with the coach and this win is the perfect cover up just to blame Skazni for everything that happened. Not that he is NOT to blame but lets get serious... These Alitakia got him, just as they got Schum, just as they got Santos and many more.... That is why you need a BIG NAME!!!!

Drako, Fylakouris is passionate but under no way he is used or experienced enough to lead PAO to success... You need someone to kick ass!!! Fylakouris is good for making "Kolokotroni" speaches to lift you up against Kalamaria, but when it comes to European matches you need more than that...

The good about an Italian coach (apart from them being the most skillfull) is that their mentality is similar to ours. Imagine bringing a north european coach where you would hear the typical words "we are a new team, and new teams need time etc etc". These people have become coaches by working on a completely different environment than ours. They have the respect of the players, patiance of the fans and management and THEY CAN afford couple of wasted seasons just to create a new team for the future. We, Greeks do not think that way. We think as the Italians do.... We need a coach now, and a perfect team straight away!!!!

The Italians know about this things. They know about the pressure of the fans and MOST OF ALL they KNOW about the pressure of the press!!! Don't forget an Italian team might win 5-0 and the press may bury the coach for giving such orders to the players which got them tired.... The Italians only look at the results (same in Greece). They don't care so much about fantesie football, and they don't care if the team actually plays quality football... They know it best that a result is what stays at the back of people's minds.... ;)

I have actually witnessed Italian fans being harsh on a coach when their National Team won by more than 2 goals difference!!!! They were actually arguing that there was no need for such a victory and that the players got tired for no reason!!! ;)

I know its crazy but this is exactly what we need... The only problem with Malezani is that he is not SUCH a big name... That is why I said from the beginning bring a 90 year old, Geoff, Maldini, Trapatoni type of coach..... It doesn't matter what qualities they have, all it matters is that the pressure will be away from the coach, management, fans, and everybody will start blaming the right people.... (i.e. PLAYERS!!!!)

After all, dont tell me that Fylakouris tought the players how to play football within his 4 day stay... The 5-1 win against Kalamaria PROVES that the ALITAKIA players that we have do not perform ON PURPOSE!!!! They had a problem with the coach and this win is the perfect cover up just to blame Skazni for everything that happened. Not that he is NOT to blame but lets get serious... These Alitakia got him, just as they got Schum, just as they got Santos and many more.... That is why you need a BIG NAME!!!!

i dont say that- wasnt fylakouris an assitant/trainer for PAO before? you are right about mentality but i dont think the italian bullshit will help PAO play football. There are 2 teams in Italy that play football, Juventus and Milan. The rest play an awful game that is a cousin of football. Basically all we will see on PAO is a ton of wasteful balls sent up the center for 90 minutes and 9 players on the back line...in this league we need to go straight out for wins and get goals...1-0 scorelines dont cut it enough

As if I knew it huh? Ok Italian coach would be the best solution for PAO which has always been a defensive team...

I think we fans, need to be on HIS side rather than the players side... The players had enough excuses already. If the results go against us, we need to stick to this guy so that our Basinades can understand that this time they won't have an alibi and target the coach once again... Besides Malezani is not Schum nor Skazni. For me, a man who has coached a Serie A team is one of the best you can get.... ;)

Agree 100%

Its one thing to be sceptical

and another to be critical of a new coach before we have even seen him.

Is there any way the guy might be worse than Schum or Scazni?

I aso believe that fears of a "defensive" coach are not logical.

If u have creative players, u will not have a problem.

I think, yes, we should give this guy a chance. Second, it may be good to keep Fylakouris on as assistant as he knows the PAO and the mentality within the club. Totis is not an experienced coach, but I think we should always have around old PAO players who are part of great history.

Kalamaria was only one game. We did the same with OFI (5-1), but if a lesser team plays open this is what happens. One match doesn't prove anything in my book.

I'll judge this Melitzana on how he disciplines the players, if he insist on using "zutautes" if he subs 5' before end hoping for a miracle, if the team shows it can play with a system (not like with "kantiles" and kiddie stuff), and if he can stand up to managements, and finally from the players he brings in... No decent coach would agree to bring in Epale, Demba, Mitou, etc, etc, etc.... Right?

Most of us understand football and can see if the players are crawling on the pitch, and whether the coach knows how to set up the team. Give this guy time, but I'd say in 2-3 months we'll know if he's any good. And, this won't depend on the league standings, but on the signs the team exhibits.

Archived