Phantis Forums

PAO - Seville

Evergreen

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as we are injury free, it's most likely Fylakouris will revert back to the 3-5-2 system we use in Europe traditionally with the 2 centre-backs and Rene as sweeper.

Most likely line-up will not be very differnt from that of last Saturday.

-------------------------Galinovic

------------------------Henriksen

Vyntra--------Goumas-------------Morris---------Munch

Wooter-----------------Basinas----------------Gonzalez

------------Konstantinou-------------Gekas

Wooter will play along the wing whilst the left hand side will be in Munch's hand with help from Equi (who will be more central) and Basinas covering when the German tracks forward. I'm quite sure Gekas will also be lending a hand on the left sice we won't have a proper left -sided midfielder.

One thing I do fear is lack of height we only Goumas is tall. Konstantinou will definately need to help out in defence in dead ball situations.

Overall we have become a short team losing players who were all over 1.80 cms (Seitaridis, Fyssas, Kirgiakos)

Sevilla has a bad away record in Europe - they managed to win only 2 away games (3:0 vs Levski in 1982 and 2:1 against Nacional Funchal this season). Also they lost every time they were playing 1st leg away (5 losses - 01:9 goal diff.) Sevilla has a good record against Greek opposition (progressed on all 3 occassions + beat AEK in Spain 3:2 this season in group stage) but they have never won in Greece. PAO has much more European experience (this should be our biggest advantage) & we have never lost at home to Spaniards (but we did lose all 7 games in Spain).

Sevilla is currently 3rd in La Liga but I think they aren't really better than some mid-table teams - they are only more consistent, lucky (2:1 away win against Valencia, 1:0 away win against Real...) & they have an excellent striker Baptista (11 goals in La Liga + 5 in UEFA Cup).

If we don't make stupid mistakes in defence and if we play quick and aggressively we should definitely win.

SEVILLA

18 away matches

02 04 12 010:043

UC 1982/83

PAOK Saloniki - Sevilla FC 2:0

UC 1990/91

PAOK Saloniki - Sevilla FC 0:0

UC 1995/96

Olympiakos Pireus - Sevilla FC 2:1

Games played in Greece

1. Greek Teams 3 2 1 0 04:01

2. Sevilla FC 3 0 1 2 01:04

PAO

93 home matches

48 25 20 148:088

Fairs' Cup 1968/69

Panathinaikos - Athletic Bilbao 0:0

UC 1999/00

Panathinaikos - Deportivo 1:1

UCL 2000/01

Panathinaikos - Deportivo 1:1

Panathinaikos - Valencia 0:0

UCL 2001/02

Panathinaikos - Mallorca 2:0

Panathinaikos - Real Madrid 2:2

Panathinaikos - Barcelona 1:0

Games played in Greece

1. Panathinaikos 7 2 5 0 07:04

2. Spanish Teams 7 0 5 2 04:07

Bidis will be missed he already had two goals for Apoel in the Champions League Qualifier this year.. Hopefully Wooter can do a good job... gkekas and Mihalaki should be dangerous.. We need basinas and gonzalez to step it up as well......

2-0 for us.... Konstantinou and Basinas with the goals........

From what ive read and heard i have a feeling that this will be the line-up.

-------------------------Galinovic

------------------------Henriksen

Vyntra--------Goumas-------------Morris---------Munch

-----------Maric/Andric--------------Basinas-

---------------------------Gonzalez

------------Konstantinou-------------Gekas

too defensive if you ask me..i hope munch gets forwards alot...we shud respect sevillas offensive ability but by sticking another defender in the 11ada it shows we are a bit scared...we have to attack alot from the flanks.. i hope to see vyntra and munch playing more in the midfield then flat out defense....i would rather 4-4-2...that seems to be a good set up for us..

Bidis will be missed he already had two goals for Apoel in the Champions League Qualifier this year.. Hopefully Wooter can do a good job... gkekas and Mihalaki should be dangerous.. We need basinas and gonzalez to step it up as well......

2-0 for us.... Konstantinou and Basinas with the goals........

bro, im sure oti tha fame goal.... den ksero posa alla tha fame... toulaxiston ena!

i amina mas molis efyge o kirgiakos... den einai kai toso demeni!

It's a good thing at least that Fylakouris is taking this match. He is a new coach but at least he is very familiar with theplayers. Malezani won't be good for this match as he is totally new to everything. We have a better chance of winning with Fylakouri.

I say 2-1 PAO

I had a dream last night that during the game we got a penalty, basinas grabbed the ball took it to the spot, and was reading to take it, but Toti started singing with the crowd "Eine trelos o germanos" and was spurring the crowd on, to scream louder. Then.

.......just as basinas is taking a runup to crack the shot......MUNCH flew straight past him cracked the shot and ripped the nets out of their place...... i then woke up yia katourima..and didnt get to see the final scoreline.

Archived