Phantis Forums

Gate 13: Information Needed

Guest RedskinComrade

Guest RedskinComrade

Greetings,

I'm gathering information for a website about ultras groups, hooligan firms, and barra bravas from around the world. Can someone help me with the Greek groups?

PANATHINAIKOS

Group Name: Gate 13

Alliances: Real Madrid (Orgullo Vikingo), Rapid Vienna (Ultras Rapid), Hammarby

(Bara Bajare), Shamrock Rovers (SRFC Ultras)

Rivals: Olympiakos

Is this correct? Add anything you'd like.

Thanks,

RedskinComrade@gmail.com

The "true" and proven bonds lie with Rapid Vienna, Shamrock Rovers and Orgulo Vikingo. The others are not proven the ones I mentioned.

Rapid Vienna:

This bond was created when PAO was to face Sturn Graz in the CL back in 2000. There was an initial correspondance before the ties. Many PAO fans were put up by those of Rapid. Ever since. Rapid Vienna fans have been present to many PAO games in respective numbers 15-30 at Brussels, Glasgow and Eindhoven. I can vouch for these as I have seen them present with my eyes. They also usually come to Greece for our derby games.

Shamrock Rovers

The bond began when PAO played Arsenal back in 2001 and several Shamroch Rovers fans came to London to support PAO. Ever since they have been present at most our games in Europe adopting PAO as the club they support in European competitions.

Orgulo Vikingo- Real Madrid

The bond began in the basketball Final-4 in Saragosa in 1995. After PAO lost to Olympiakos in the semi final. The PAO fans through those of "Patras Fans" formed an alliance and in the final supported Real Madrid. Every since, whenever Olympiakos face Real Madrid they produce PAO flags and banners. When Real played PAO in 2002, several Orgulo Vikingo fans sat in Gate 13 with their club colours. What was produced was a banner stating "Gate 13- Orgullo Vikingo- Amigos para siempre" (Forever Friends).

Archived