Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Aris Thessaloniki

Omonoia9

Olympiakos should be an a high after finding out the appellate courts decision

i think that will put of alot of pressure and they have no excuses about the game on hand

they need to play well and win

Aris has been pretty good as of late but Olympiakos needs to beat them even w/o any fans present

i heard that venetidis is having knee problems

how severe is it ?????????????????????????

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems Dusan has seen the light, looks like it will be a 4-3-3 finally with :

-Nikopolidis

-Anatolakis

-Shurrer

-Pantos

-Georgatos

-Stoltidis

-Kafes

-Djordjevic

-Rivaldo

-Okkas

-Giovanni

4-3-3

let me explain how this system works!

1 u have to have 2 very quick wingers/attackers. only okkas is quick.

2 the 2 right and left wingers/attackers should also run down the flanks. again only okkas can do this.

3 the right and left wingers/attackers should also help defending whenever the opposition gets their right and left backs towards your own goal area. rivaldo and giovani can not/ will not do this .

but yet again youre playing aris and maybe the worst aris team in years

Good to see slick posting at last a positive contribution from to this forum.

1 u have to have 2 very quick wingers/attackers. only okkas is quick.

Correct. this is why miss players like Giannakopoulos. This is also why we are very weak (offensively) on the right.

2 the 2 right and left wingers/attackers should also run down the flanks. again only okkas can do this.

If I get your point (and I 'm not brilliant in soccer tactics), Ribo can do this. He can hold the ball and make a good assist if someone comes to help him there.

3 the right and left wingers/attackers should also help defending whenever the opposition gets their right and left backs towards your own goal area. rivaldo and giovani can not/ will not do this .

The point is void with Gio. Him running up-down a wing would be the most funny spectacle to watch!

Ribo indeed doesn't defend very much (but he does occasionally). Generally, this was always a sound weakness of OSFP but it also indicates the offensive philosophy of our team. You see, even in the good ole Bajevic days, we couldn't effectively mark all over the pitch. It wasn't as bad as it is now but, but I think we never were PAO; our team was offence-oriented so even our defenders were good scorers (and not via long shots!).

Castillo has played from the right wing sometimes but I don't think he succeeded so far. Nor he defends (except the usual stupid fouls he might make).

Guest Protathlitis

why is it a 4-3-3 formation when rivaldo is in the 4-4-2 usually as a midfielder?

sluck13, rivaldo doesent defend; are you joking me? he defends too much sometimes

HA ! You wont ever see Giovanni covering down the flanks, and if the system is used he'll be the lone man with ribo and giannakis slightly behind him on the right.

dipapa: Castillo has just been a plain wreck this year, in every way.

Game time: 45 minutes, FORZA OLYMPIAKOS !

Rivaldo had learned to do more marking and deffensive work lately

and nobody has to critisize him for that

Anyway sometimes I have the impression that using Rivaldo as "volante" (DM) is a waste

He wastes up running too mutch trying to do everything and he is finished by the 60 minute.

The running in the sides is made usually in modern football by the Laterals (side deffenses)

I really have no idea of the skills of Anatolakis and Georgatos in that issue

(If you do not understand what I mean - my bad English maybe- Think of Kafu, Maicon from Monako, Roberto Carlos of some time ago,

and others that we call them "offensive deffenders" Such players have scored many goals and made even more assists

Everything comes again to the same problem. Who will finish up all this centering, assists etc.??

Where is our deadly scorer??

Pana has just bought the top scored of the league

And we have to rely on a good day of Giovanni (with all due respect) or Okkas (with even more respect, but he still misses a lot)

There are so many talents in South America that can be purchased cheap, and even in Dushan's Serbia

Am I repeating myself?? Yes but the problem remains

Thank you for the corrrection

I made the mistake because I am used to see the team witten with the right back first, than the centrals and than the left back

If they can not do it, it is a pity anyway

But what about the scorer???

In Okkas we trust, he is playing well along with Djole and Ribo. Bastard Georgato is walking on the PITCH ! Other than that pretty decent showing thus far, but we need more final chances on goal.

Half Time and the so called 'offside' on djole was clearly onside, oh well.

We need to enter strong in the 2nd half and throw in Castillo for Georgiadis.

PAME OLYMPIAKARA !

1st half is over with the last 20 minutes in the known OSFP style. Wing players tending to the middle, Djorjevic in role of play maker tries to find Okkas or Giovanni (whenever he is on spot) with too fast vertical assists. No chances for goal except a possible (?) penalty against Gio.

edit: Djorjevic wasn't offside, indeed. Forgot to say that Ribo is almost non existent.

Archived