Phantis Forums

Fringer counting days?

Ziaka

I was looking over Fringer's career stats on the PAOK homepage. It isn't all that impressive to be honest with you. You can clearly see that this dude has been a stop-gap measure for years and years and years.

02/2004 - 06/2004 Apollon Limassol

02/2003 - 06/2003 Al Wahda

07/2000 - 06/2002 FC Aarau

07/1998 - 07/2000 Grasshoppers

08/1996 - 12/1997 Swiss National Team

07/1995 - 08/1996 VFB Stuttgart

07/1992 - 06/1995 FC Aarau

07/1990 - 06/1992 FC Schafthausen

info courtesy of www.paokfc.gr

So, it shouldn't come as any surprise when this guy does get pink slipped. Just cross your fingers that it happens soon.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think paok should cut him off just yet. if they were goin to sack him so soon(i know we had a bad year) they shouldn't have hired him so soon. i agree batigol his record is very bad(ony staying at clubs for 1 or 2 years. [just a question would kostikos be good for the club and why]

i remeber when anastiaaidis got sacked people were saying that we should look for a coach that will stay for a long time and improve the futre, god know's why we hired fringer.... but i just think that he's here now so he might as well stay for a bit longer.

• 2 weeks later...

There are strong rumors that Rolf Fringer is history with PAOK. The oly remaining obstacle that is supposedly preventing PAE PAOK from making an official announcement is that there is disagreement on who to appoint as the new coach of the team. There is a strong chance that PAOK will have a new coach in the next game, which is against Kallithea.

Well to be honest I'm quite happy the club ditched Fringer. He was an ineffective coach who probably didn't command the respect of the players. This is probably one of the only good moves this admin has made in the last 6-8 months. Actually, not appointing Kostikos was probably the second best move they've made.

Karageorgiou is someone that intrigues me. As Ziaka mentioned, he coach Xanthi in the past, and was a certain point, successful. Xanthi have always had a little to work with but have nevertheless produced consistent results. Usually finishing in the top 5 or 6. I'm hopeful that with the little bit of talent PAOK have, he can do a bit better and bring them to a respectable 2nd or 3rd place finish next year.

This team needs a system. They've played disorganized and disinterested football. That always falls back on the coach. Let's give Karageorgiou a chance and see what he can do.

It is official. Karageorgiou is the new coach. He has signed until the end of the season, with the option of renewing for one additional year.

I am also glad that karageorgiou took over Fringer only for the fact that he knows the Greek soccer system and greek mentality. Something which I think Fringer lacked. They should have gone with Karageorgiou (or another Greek coach) from the begining when they sacked Anastasiadis.

Only time will tell if karageorgiou was a good move. As long as he a say so in the way the team runs, then he will be an improvement. However if the team is set up from behind the scenes by Kostikos and the managers of certain players, then we will not go anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Not surprising in the least I guess.

The way this club is run, you'd think they were hopeful that these guys would just disappear and not want their money or something.

I wonder how many people are actually owed money by the club right now and how much it totals in the end.

Archived