Phantis Forums

Aek vs Pao

HOLLYWOOD

I only cuaght the 2nd half but either team could've won this game. PAO went close on a few occasions (notably Konstantinou hitting the post) but AEK made what chances they got count. They could've won this 2-0 or 3-0. Tough break. Look at the brightside. You still get them (and OSFP) at the Leoforos later on.... :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw the match (i couldnt watch a better one ;) ) and i liked it. it was a mutch better one than osfp-pao.

pao was quite unlucky with all the chances they lost but aek played much better in the secon half. i thin a tie would have been the fairest result after what the teams showed.

pao had the first and aek the second half.

be careful, we havent played our match yet and honestly it would be better if they would give a forfait win for panionios.

This game was just slightly better than PAO-OLY. Had pockets of boredom. But nothing really spectacular to remember.

I'm not getting into any details here but PAO showed why they couldnt get into the next champions league round. Unless we can call this another day off.

I'm not surprised of the result.

I'm just watching Skoda Xanthi moving slowly up the standings.

we lost due to many reasons !

first why does pap not score anymore?

second we can not expect kostandinou to score in every game.

third i dont really see any of our midfielders score lately!

4 the previus luck we had in the final min. of other games we did not have it today.

5 scazny is not and will not become a legend at our club! unlike shoum that did bring us double glory.

and personaly i dont care if frinos wins against panionios cause and every other country they would have been banned and deducted atleast 3-6 points but this is greece and this will not happend

katsouranis just made a big game tonight and stopped most of paos attacks by himself. he reminded me of karembeu in olys victory in rizoupoli. he just had one of these matches of a defender where nothing could go past him. i think he was the best player on the field tonight.

Drakos...you posted my words.

I've already verbally abused that corpse they call a coach on out bench..saying words that would make a trucker blush.

The loss today was good. Hopefully another will follow unless they fire him sooner.

If he remains, the league title will be lost and the 2nd CL spot is is under serious threat.

He topped it off in the press conference. He complained we have too many players!!!! He also finished off saying he wanted to wish PAOK(!!!!) a good luck for the rest of the season....He didn't even know who he was playing today.

katsouranis was definitly the man behind the scenes today...he did a very good job...we should have won this game by 2 goals but didnt..we shud have finished but didnt...the players did everything (good nd bad) excpet score...michali and munch were very good today...im dissapointed with pap, though he played an alright game he isnt putting himself in the position to score anymore....the past couple games hes played he hasnt been positioning hiimself to score...he needs to be a huuge threat which he was not today...

we had afew defensive blunders and payed dearly for one..we created attack but could not finish...we should have put the game away but this is football...we gotta move on and focu on catching oly and aek..anderson did pretty well today but needs to mature and learn how to play for a big club..he isnt a halkddone anymore, but if he gets more experience with a top club then i think he will b e good for us...i hoe bidis starts i our game vs ionikos cause the kids got talent...

we gotta accept the game and the result but also think about the way we played and not just the result..even though the result is what matters, there were times were we actually played some pretty quality ball...

people blame skazni, and yes he should e blamed for his choice of subs but he fielded a pretty crrect side and if our boys put the game away like they shud have, then skazni wouldnt have to be put on the spot..but as a coach, hes gotta be put on the spot sometimes cause thats where the points count the most and today, he just didnt do it...i think before we hire our next coach, he should have to take some sort of test...cause shoum skazni and the rest of the p*****des we have behind our bench keep failing..

Ok first of all, in football we can expect anything. If you have 10 chances and fail to score with one chance your opposition can defeat you. But AEK did have more than one chance, even though they only played decent football in the 2nd half.

I agree with the majority in this forum that Skanzi is to blame, however to an extent. The subs were rash and ineffective and with his endekada, why did he play Konstantinidis, and why did he not start Kyriagkos.

However, what makes me angry is how everyone in here seems to be able to blame everything on this guy. Gents, we had chances and we failed to score. If Mihalis shot hit the back of the net instead of the post we may have won and no one would be criticising him. And the same goes for Shoum. If Olisadebe didnt score very late in some of those games he happened to win the title for us last season, the exact same comments would have been made about him.

I think the team is lacking direction. Eki was absolutely useless...I seriously never really was impressed with this guy and I kept to myself on this forum but I do not think highly of this guy as many of you do here. I think Vyntra was better than Eki. Pap was ok but is capable of alot more. Anderson was decent, yes better than Maric. But you know what....the cracks from Zaecs era are beggining to appear.

We dont have many options...player wise. Talent wise. And if Sanmartean and Sapanis arent in the squad the options are limited. Skacel may as well go back now bc Konstantinidis can do the same s%$#! job. And Basinas needs to get his head checked bc he thinks he is PAO's god and he can do everything bc there are rumours top clubs like Barca want him. You know what...take him. If hes gonna whinge and bitch and shoot from ridiculous areas and take terrible set pieces like today (and i noticed his set pieces were shocking against OSFP as well) than what good is he. Seriously.

Cbf saying anymore for now....I just hope everyone learns from this. Na mathoun o Vardigiannides gia tis m*****as tous.

I think most of us are on the same page.... Adonis said the team lacks direction. Absolutely! I always said that you need VISION and the proper mentality of a champion within a team.... Real amased the best world players and they don't have a team, they have a "thiaso"!

We need a coach, above all, because he's the one who steers the team. He has to be a euro-class coach, with vision, and the balls to pick the best players for play (not what management wants or brings in--like so many crappy players that they cost lost of $ and have to be used).

Anyway, I don't think Scazni has the "eye" to see who's doing what. Not only PAO has no direction, but he has no chemistry within.

Also, Basinas departure might do well. The rest of the midfielders better shape up, because I can't see them walk instead of marking and bothering the opponents. I like Sanmartean's imagination sometimes, but he also strolls about the field too much. Then when he scores he shoves away his team mates (especially Pap) and I don't like that.

Finally, I believe we the fans place too much emphasis on the "missiong options" like players.... Bullshit. If PAO can't be better with the talent it's got, then how about AEK????!!!! and Skoda Xanthi????!!!! Please, we need the right chemistry, a great coach, and we have enough players to kick ass at least in Greece.

Yet, we are a mediocre team which is capable of having a brilliant game here and there, but no consistency.

He topped it off in the press conference. He complained we have too many players!!!! He also finished off saying he wanted to wish PAOK(!!!!) a good luck for the rest of the season....He didn't even know who he was playing today.

that takes gasoline and pours into the fire.........what a pathetic idiot....

what ever happened to

SYLLOGOS MEGALOS DEN YPARXEI ALLOS PIO DYNAMIKOS????????? how does such trash idiots with no experience take over a big club at this level???? where is the ambition??? oh we want to have a good european run and defend the cup, so well appoint a lousy former OFI coach to do it???

too many players??? what the hell? be honest we dont have enough??? he was the idiot to go and fetch roubakis.......and why was he on the bench again? unless the only possible scenario he could ever come on is if we needed to use ALL 3 SUBSTITUTIONS for defenders. we may has well had Kotsolis there in addition to Xalkias on the bench...Sanmartean was left out WHY>????? so when we needed a goal ( way before the 1-0) we would have nobody to put on???? there is no possible defense of Skazni, his lineup was CRAP (why did konstantinidis start all of a sudden/ever play, why was Kirgiakos out when he has been a powerhouse lately??), his bench selection was bizarre, and he sucks as a coach, and at life. I swear this guy is the George W. Bush of all PAO coaches.......

also look at the paper headlines.......why doesnt derby say anything for SKAZNI??? it also says in a small box epeisodio me Skazni with kirgiakos.....good for Sotiri, he should have started, he is better at defending than Nassif, and also useful up on corners....nobody gets above him.

also the AEK papers were pathetic....AEK was very very lucky to win that game, i wouldnt call "xwris vaseline" or "natoi natoi oi prota8lhites" correct or relevant headlines.....its a good win for AEK and morale, but it was no way an easy win, it very lucky and implying they are champions is a bit extreme too.....

Ok people I will talk generally and very objectively about PAO's problems!!!

Management:

I think Jigger has completely lost it!!! I don't support the view of Kavouria like many other PAO fans do because you can see that they actually spend money! Bearing in mind that we are the only team making 5-10 transfers every transfer period. The problem is that apart from few, we buy players that we don't even use! I won't go into the philosophy about who is good and who is bad for PAO I will only say this...

We got Sanmartean right? I personally don't like his football but that doesn't matter. Management bought him because they believe he can give something good to the team. Then why doesn't he play? I can name you so many players we bought that DO NOT EVEN PLAY!!!

1. Kotsolis

2. Raguel

3. Olisadebe

4. Sanmartean

5. Kotsos

6. Andric

7. Zutautas

8. Epalle (until recently)

9. Mitu

10. Henriksen (bearing in mind you rebew his contract for 6 months by paying him 300,000 euro :o !!!)

11. Roubakis

12. Oksyzoglou

13. Sabanis

14. Deba

15. Bousinakis

16. Bokowski

So this makes me wander... Despite the fact if they are good or bad why THE HELL DON'T THEY PLAY? What does this mean? That PAO are full of LAMOIA such as ZAEC, Livathinos, Skazni and the rest of the technical team, which they all care about bringing their own crappy players, getting their mizes and according who the coach is, he selects his players and leaves out all the others....

And Jigger? He has no say whatsoever!!!! He is an idiot!!!

And finally, if you add all these 16 players together couldn't we get 2 decent Gonzalez's or Munch's instead of these idiots? I mean managements ends up spending more than everybody else, and still be critisised for not making descend transfers!!! And if you ask me rightly so!!!

THE COACH

What can somebody say about this clown?

I immediately saw his incapability in the game at highbury. Who makes a substitution 1 second before a penalty is taken? Does this mean that you have the same tactic if the score is 1-1 and the same tactic if you continue to trail 1-0? If you do you are simply an idiot!!!

But lets get the facts...

1. First game he manages to draw with Aigaleo after a bad performance. Everybody said its his first game giving some alibi for his stupid mistakes...

2. Second game you loose against Kerkyra and you ressurect Moustakia!!! (By the way Moustakias was chased yesturday by mad Kerkyra fans after the home loss to ergotelis!!!)

3. Third game you go to Karaiskaki with 5 defenders to mark the useless podovolley and having only 1 attacker up front. Result? Of course you lose the game.

4. Match against Halkidona you thought that we were playing Barcelona, with halkidona missing 5 clear chances.

5. Match against Ergoteli? The team is in the bottom of the table you win with a late goal by Michali...

6. Game against PAOK the same...

7. Game against crappy AEK you manage to loose.....

What else can you say?

Tactically yesturday Skazni overcame his own self.... Astonishing enough he places LAMOIO who turns out to be OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER EVEN AFTER WE HAVE MADE 20 OR SO TRANSFERS SINCE THE DAY WE GOT HIM!!! Is Lamoio so important? Does he offer so many good things and is it just me who thinks he is completely usless?

Then you put in Morris the most de-formed defender of PAO. You have re-newed Henriksen's contract for 6 months paying him a huge sum of 300.000 euro and still you have him on the bench!!!

Another thing is that Kyriakos was OK and apparently there was an incident between him and Skazni for his absence from the first 11.

Gonzalez is playing NEXT TO MICHALI in a CLEAR center forward position? :o Unable of course do do anything up there he was blocked by the AEK defenders without being able to even make a single pass...

Papadopoulos? Somebody wandered why he doesn't score? Its easy. Because he plays in the wrong position! When have you seen Papadopoulo on the right hand side of the field? Last year he was playing left!!!!

Basinas? Basinas thinks tha he is Mattheus or Zidane and he thinks that he must be the only onw attempting passes, free kicks, corners etc..... I am sick of him!!!

Anyway as far as the players go I will post my ratings in Hollywood's topic....

Great analysis by Pappou... He hit it exactly right. I agree with him 100%. This also re-affirms my point that we don't have a "team"--that is, a group of professional players who have gelled.

Like I said, it starts from the top---the air of a champion within the team, and goes to the coach who has to have a vision/direction, evaluate the talent and put the players together correctly.

I disagree with those of you who say we don't have enough or good enough players. What PAO has is more than enough for Greek play.... and I start from there. Forget europe for a while. If with all the money we have, and the players we amassed and considering the situation all the other greek teams are in, then it's a DISGRACE for PAO to show up like this crap game after game!!!!!!

History has shown us that when you get a decent coach he can do miracles if he forms a team with the available talent. PAO with all the "lamoia" shitty players we've got, could be having a "walk in the park" if there was someone with knowledge to put the team together.... What can we say about teams like Xanthi, Halkidona, Egaleo, etc, which are not great, but they have VERY LIMITED resources. And, if compare them to our resources what conclusion can we draw????!!!!!..... I ask you.

All the other teams in Greece are having no money, no players and we create our own problems.... Why PAO can't easily put away teams like Ergotelis, Kerkyra, etc??!! Please, it's not one unlucky match, but a pattern of crappy performances!

By the way, let's be realistic about Europe.... you have to be consitent to advance

pappou said everything sosta.....

i am still furious at the decision to have Roubakis on the Bench and not Sanmartean.......it only takes one nice pass or shot or dribble from this kid to make the difference, there were many possible scenarios we could have used him, and they happened yesterday. We need to get a real proffesional manager, that WONT be allowed to buy players from his old teams unless they have good reputation or experience. No MORE ZUTAUTAS, NO MORE CHAINHO , Roubakis, Bikovski (i think bikovski is fine and im sure roubakis is ok but the nature of signing and them being favourites of the coach and being friends from before so now they get to play is disgusting)

These types of nobodies are lousy, and they only stay in the teams plans as long as the coach that brought them in stays. Do you guys remember Chainho??? how awful he was? what a waste of money after Santos left after 6 games??? Zutuautas will never play even if he was fit because soum is gone....I will agre, we have a lot of players, but we still have NO DEPTH. Skatsel thankfully was a loan, (but i still see PAO buying him anyways.....)

Santos won the game.. he brought in the Cypriot kid Krassas what a talent changed the whole complection of the game.. Skazny you have the youngster bides on the bench.. Skazel and Maric cant even tie that guys laces... What are yopu doing bring him on.. This kid should have been playing at half... What good is he in the 90th.. Its all about the coaching wars and Santos won.. Unlucky Mihali you were a horse for us again.. pap good game as well... Basinas and gonzalez are both useless put in the youngster this kid can play.... If people think Krassas is great wait till they see Bides....

You know what, that is one of the most accurate statements about the derby.

Santos bringing on Krassas at half time won the game for AEK. He played well for AEK and gave an extra option upfront and caused u sproblems.

And whats Maric going to do...he is not a match winner...yeh maybe on Championship Manager lol but not in real life. I think Skanzi has been playing too much Championship Manager lately.

Just wondering who's calling the shots. Skazni or the PAO execs.

If Skazni has total control, I dont understand why he waits for last minute miracles to salvage or tie the game.

Kinda weird him saying he has too many players. I'd think we this you can shuffle good line-ups and have better depth.

If PAO loses or ties a few more, I'd see Skazni out.

we lost due to many reasons !

second we can not expect kostandinou to score in every game.

third i dont really see any of our midfielders score lately!

4 the previus luck we had in the final min. of other games we did not have it today.

5 scazny is not and will not become a legend at our club! unlike shoum that did bring us double glory.

and personaly i dont care if frinos wins against panionios cause and every other country they would have been banned and deducted atleast 3-6 points but this is greece and this will not happend

u guys lost period

i mean i here Pao fans saying they should have had 3 points but they couldn't even get one point

now look u guys did have some misfortune but that is all a part of the game

and lastly your team isn't as good as u might have thought can u honestly say u are a great team

on the comment that Olympiakos should loss points

for starters now league does that second this game was at nea symrni this would not have happen at karaiskaki

guys no excuses this team is not going well whatsoever. Skazny is an incompetent nicumpoop. He plays morris instead of kirakos, he plays konstandinidis(joshua from 10 comandmments) on the ledt wing instead of sapanis, he rushes a player after training 3 times, straight into squad on debut,,,,anderson :S, instead of sanmartean, he plays pap on the right wing instead of playing him up front in the centre circle,

He has got no idea whatsover what hes talking about. During game he gets up off his chair and walks up and down kai diarmartirete like a skouliki. THIS GUYS IS INCOMPETENT,,,IN MIZERIO,,,,,

BLAME THE DIOKISI, THEY SPENT CHEAP ON THIS 5 DOLLAR MAN. WHAT U PAY FOR IS WHAT U GET. AND TO TOP THIS OFF ANDERSON GETS INJURED,,,,WATS THE GO HERE NOW??????/DID THEY BRING ANOTHER SEMICRIPPLED PLAYER TO OUR SIDE,,AGAIN??????AFTER SANMARTEAN AND OLI IS THIS THE NEW CHAPTER OF A PLAYER WHO WILL BE PLAYING 1 GAME IN THEN 10 GAMES OUT???????

GIATI ASXOULOUMASTE ME WITH THIS KATASTASI,,,,DEN PAI ALLO GMTO..

WE COULDNT BEAT A TEAM WITH KOSTENOGLOU, WHO LOOKS LIKE HES OLDER THEN MY GRANDFATHER,

KONSTANDINIDIS, WHO HASNT SEEN BALLA IN LIKE 3 YRS.

SOARES, A WASHED UP BRQAZLIAN HASBEE FROM OFI,

IVIC,,NOT EVEN A SHADOW OF HIS OLDER BROTHER,

KONTIS,,,A NEVERWAS FROM THE GAY...POO.FS

KALLA NA PATHETE MALAKES,,,,,IM GLAD WE LOST,,WE NEED SOME SERIOUS ISSUES TO BE FIXED,,,,,,,,AND I CANT SEE THIS LAMOGIO COACH LASTING THE YR TO BE QUIET HONEST.

Chic be realistic mate. Do you blame management for Anderson's injury? Anderson played all matches for Halkidona so far and it is pure BAD LUCK for this guy injury the moment he joined PAO...

But now that you mention Skazni, I remembered another idiotic thing he does that makes me crazy... What is this crap about getting 3 players warming up from the 15th minute in every game and then you end up doing your first sub in the 80th minute? :o Is that some technical trick that no other top coach in the world has ever thought doing? Is this a trick that confuses the opposition? I think this is a sign of a KARAGIOZI and how can somebody get rediculous in front of 15,000 people... I get really frustrated in every match that he does it!!!

PAPOU ITS NOT BAD LUCK MAN THAT HE GOT INJURED. THE GUY DID HAVE A KNEE PROBLEM BEFORE HE CAME TO PANATHINAIKOS. PAE KNEW THIS BUT AS IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE FIXED IN 1 MNTH I GUESS ITS NOTHING SERIOUS .ARTICLES AROUND,,,ON THE SPORTS NEWSPAPERS MENTION THIS ON THE NET

SOARES, A WASHED UP BRQAZLIAN HASBEE FROM OFI,

I don't think you can really say that. He has had a very good year for AEK regardless of his performance before that. As for your Ivic commment you haven't even seen him play .. one game after three months of sitting on the bench in Germany is not enough to rate him. I thought he played well under the circumstances, and will fiar well in the protathlima.

I see everyone is picking on Gonzales cause he didnt play well, but nobody mentions the job that Moras did on him. The youngster, playing out of position, man marked him the whole time he was in and did an excellent job. He played him hard and frustrated him with fouls.. causing Eki to complain to the ref alot. I'm not saying that was the only reason Gonzales played bad but you should give some credit where it is due.

Archived