Phantis Forums

NT TV Rights bids for 2006-08

EPO is asking for bids for the home games for the NT and U-21 NT between 2006 - 2008, which includes the EURO 2008 qualifying games as well as firendly games.

I think the time has come for EPO to include a provision in the new contract that the NT games should be available on ERT-Sat at the minimum. Now would be a good time for the omogeni to put pressure on EPO, ERT and Greek government, so we get to see out NT in the privacy of our own homes, instead of paying 20 dollars a game at some bar.

Here is the bidding announcement from EPO:

• 4 weeks later...

Ziaka,

I think you should consider setting up an online petition and then we can all sign it and it could be sent to EPO. the minister of Sport in Greece and to the Apothimos Ellinismo Organization (not sure exactly what it is called). It is high time, especially now that our beloved Ethniki are Champions of Europe, that we be able to see them play and have access to the games via ERT (Public broadcaster- that is why they exist- channel for the people, paid for by the people [at least here in Canada- CBC]) . This is ridiculous, as I have stated before, several other countries broadcast their games to the diaspora via International TV- see RAI, RTP, TVE, etc - so why shouldn't we be able to see them also??

If some company like Setanta gets the rights, I say everyone should boycott and not go pay your $20. or whatever to see the games. If it was a Euro or World Cup, fine but for friggin qualifiers and friendlies. That is RIDICULOUS, I have never paid and never will pay anything to watch these games. :tdown: I should be able to tune into ERT and watch them in the comfort of my own home.

I think a petition would be a good way to get their attention, not that it will change anything but one can hope. All EPO is concerned with is $$ so lets hit them where it hurts- in the pocket book! Boycott all games if the rights are purchased by some private company. Then their heads will be spinning because they will have spent who knows how much for the rights and no one will be there at the bars watching.

This is the only way to get results.

GO Greece GO :tup: :gr:

Why didn't I think of it. I saw Bill Gagatsis when he was here on the weekend in Toronto with Otto and the assistant manager Topalidis. I should have asked him to look into showing the NT games on ERT-SAT. The guy was only a few feet away from me signing autographs.

What a waste of an opportunity.

Ziaka,

I think you should consider setting up an online petition and then we can all sign it and it could be sent to EPO. the minister of Sport in Greece and to the Apothimos Ellinismo Organization (not sure exactly what it is called).

Sounds like a good idea, but I would not even know where to start, and how to get it organized. On top of that somebody else would have to write the petition in Greek, since I am not that proficient writing in Greek.

Short of that I think we should all start sending e-mails to various parties that you mention. At a minimum I will try and find out the e-mail addresses, where people can send in their complaints.

Archived