Phantis Forums

Oly Vs Pao

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the second half, OLY EASILY protected its lead.... Oly played defensibly, like it does in euro with 11 defenders....... we didn't have good chances to score...

For all you say about the ref, I think Kaznaferis did an OK job. Scatchel's off side was wrong (1st half), but the linesman has more responsibiility who called it. I also think that red-carding Eki could have been avoided, but within the refs prerogative. Eki, Scatchel and the rest of cry babies should channel their pathos into extra effort not by complaining..... it's pointless. We need better refs, true, but this wasn't the worst I've seen...

We didn't play well enough to win. That's what I think. Oly didn't play good, but it got what it wanted.... We had more at stake! Oly has to play Liverpool and had the excuse of playing more conservatively!!!

PAO had a few "Mikro-evefkeries", kept the ball a little more but so what????!!!

Anyway, the many, many yellow & red cards show what kind of game it was......crappy!

I'm listening to Yannis Diakogiannis... He says scazni still thinks is the coach of OFI.... being afraid to risk and use PAO's strengths...... He played with fear against Aris and today.... with Surer out and with Valas in (who hadn't played in a year), Pao didn't go in to win!

Scatchel plays just because he ..runs! PAO should always play greek teams with offensive lineups... PAP should be in there from the beginning... our first scorer!

Why take out Minch?!!! You have Pap infront of Munch...

What can you do with only one infront????? It's hard to find him with a defending team...

As a neutral observer who watched this game here is what i think - Oly played better until they scored the goal. After that PAO was better until the end of the1st half. 2nd half neither team was very good. PAO maybe controlled the ball a bit more but didnt really do anything with it (apart from the one fasi where Nikopolidis made a nice save) For those last 10 minutes when Pap and Manoli came in PAO's defence suffered bad.. if Skanzi had done it earlier I think Oly would have scored again. Bassinas free kicks and corners were awful.. he rarely got any elevation and power on them. the fasi where the PAO player was down in the box really annoyed me. Catillo didnt kick the ball out and the Kyriakos foul on him was uncalled for. overall there was a little too many fouls/complaining going on (more from the PAO players)

Ref - Overall I thought he was fair. I didn't think the foul he gave on oly's goal should have been called. the offsides was one of those things you all will argue about for ages..the guy that got the ball was clearly onsides, but there was another PAO player clearly offsides .. an epireaze the fasi you guys fight about it.. i personally don't hink that fasi should have been stopped...same goes for the fasi where he stopped Oly's 3 on 1 or 2 to give Gonzales a red card...shouldn't have happened.

Overall not a very good game and not the score i wanted as i was hoping for a tie so AEK could gain some extra ground, assuming of course we can beat PAOK tomorrow, which wont be easy.

Eki, Scatchel and the rest of cry babies should channel their pathos into extra effort not by complaining..... it's pointless. We need better refs, true, but this wasn't the worst I've seen...

We didn't play well enough to win. That's what I think. Oly didn't play good, but it got what it wanted.... We had more at stake! Oly has to play Liverpool and had the excuse of playing more conservatively!!!

I would exclude Equi from the "cry-babies" categories. I consider him a player with passion, even being too nervous you can say at times...I hope we had many players with the mentality and the quality that Equi possess! (Sadly we don't got...)

However, the man who is to blame for tonight is Mr. Scazny who gave the 3 points to Oly with his stupid choices (altogether).

I insist that Scazny isn't the source of PAOs trouble (at least not the only one or the major one). Perhaps he read the game wrong, that could happen to anyone,or even perhaps he was a bit to cautious.

The Bigger picture is that the team sucks. Especially in the midfield when Equi is well guarded Pao cannot create Half a Chance.

I hope this is a good lesson to those in Paiania who try running a club like Pao with the budget of Proodeftiki.

this is why we need another out and out attacking player in the midfield...*cough* *cough* sanmaretan *cough* *cough*...skacel is not an attacking player...skazni has noit realized that yet...he cannot create alot of offense...thats just the player he is...basinas and maric are also not attackers..so in our midfield, we have on player that can create offense...this is why im surprised sapanis is not being used...he sanmartean and gonzalez are the only midfielders we have that have offensive midset....i hope we pick up a good right winger this transfer session to accumulate alittle momre offense because i doubt sanmartean will see alot of time thrugh all his injuries....we have great strikers, they just need alittle more clean service...i hope we can pick u matusevic cause he woud really assist...but yes, our attacking is hurting not because our strikers ar enot prodcuing, but because we have not alot of attacking midfield option...thats why we have to play two strikers constantly...konstantinou cant come deep into the midfield to recive the ball..thats not the kind of player he is..we need pap there to recieve the ball deep, but still have attacking options...this is why skazni went wrong today...cause we were lost in the attacking third cause we couldnt stabalizxe our attack cause it was 2 on 4 always...

i believe we are fine in defense when we focus...we also need to form more partnerships..we have been flip-flopping defenders and thats not really the way to form a solid system...they need to be in constant use with each other...and i believe we are fine in our holding midfielders and strikers..just not in the attacking midfield positions...we could use another good player in there...i wish sanmartean could get fit cause i believe he would be a huge asset to that portion of the pitch for us..

I insist that Scazny isn't the source of PAOs trouble (at least not the only one or the major one). Perhaps he read the game wrong, that could happen to anyone,or even perhaps he was a bit to cautious.

The Bigger picture is that the team sucks. Especially in the midfield when Equi is well guarded Pao cannot create Half a Chance.

I hope this is a good lesson to those in Paiania who try running a club like Pao with the budget of Proodeftiki.

no, thats wrong. How do you know the team sucks? Skazny didnt even give them the chance to go forward!

Why take out Munch and use that Crap-tsel? Minx is our best wing player, and can cross and take corners a lot better than most players in the league!

This was a deserved loss. A very cheap loss I must add. Scasny was afraid of Oly and proved it with his line-up. Oly loses their best defender and you do Oly a favour by only playing 1 striker? Scasny you f....

Oly were marginally better and controled the game apart from the last 10 mins for the 1st half. Rivaldo was the best player on the park but did not blind with his performance. I think Stoltidis was key are he put Eki out of the game. It was hard for Equ though he only had 1 player to aim for and that player was marked by 2 all the time.

Apart from that, Munch's subbing shocked me. If you are gonna hoof the ball up the park in the last 10 mins, you have no better crosser than him.

Oly plays with just 1 striker (Gio) and we have 2 stopper and a full-back, why??? We are missing a player than way in the midfield. No wonder Equi was continuesly swamped.

The defeat is 90% Scasny's fault today. The Other 10% goes to Halkias. What type of wall did he set up before Riva scored? The whole goal we had was exposed!!!

Kasnaferis' reffing was good and you can't complaim about 1 or 2 things that he didn't see.

The way out team was set we were too deep and without fast players to go forward, we could not counter attack.

If Scasny was more possitive today we would have won.

Anyway, 1st blood to Oly. Congrats to them. Let's keep it civil in here just how it's been.

My respect goes to Thrylos CH.

this game was like pao was playing with ten men from the start. For me, basinas was absolutely appaling. Apart from taking freekicks and corners he was nowhere to be seen. He played like he was paid to be out of the game. Wouldnt surprise me if he was. Tottaly appaling and nerve cracking display by basinas. Just absolutely useless he was out there in this game. Seemed to be nowhere at crucial phases (especially his position) and very unhelpful. his performance should be questioned. :angry: :angry: :angry:

If anyone beleives he played well or even average, i dont know what game they were watching. I was very surprised with maric as he seemed to play pretty well taking on players without fear and trying hard :) , while basinas stood in the middle of the park playing catch the grass and pretend ur doing something. i am sure if basinas was up to scratch we would have seen better linkages with the rest of the midfield players. :angry: :angry:

Seriously basinas destroyed our whole game and it is not like he has done this in the past. We know he can play much better. I do not recall him winning the ball in this game or helping defence or attack as a defensive midfeilder. Was like a headless chicken without running out too far. :angry: :angry:

Just totally disgusted with basinas performance. I do not doubt and highly thinkhe was paid. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Seriously would have thought a young kid in this derby from our youths would have played 100 times more better than basinas displayed. Despite the kid being nervous and may probably make a few key mistakes, at least his heart and passion would have been in the game. Basinas was absolutely shocking. i kept my eye on him specifically in the second half after his appaling performance in the first half game wondering when he would wake. It just got worse. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Noyone else is to blame except basinas!! Especially since he has done this in the past as well. Big questions on his loyalty should be asked.

El Cid: I'm not questioning Eki's resolve and attitude. Yes, I wish more of our players had his demeanor. However, he had "nevra" like Scatchel from minute 1. I don't know if complaining about everything or being upset about things that don't go your way, but since I've played some serious football in my earlier days, I think constantly complaining and having "nevra" is not very helpful. It can also be very distracting to your teamates! Finally, you're making the ref turn against you.

I'm not ready to dismiss Scazni. He didn't prepare the team in the pre-season. He's learning, I hope. but I think he made mistakes and I call him for them. Perhaps he's got the mentality of OFI's team. If you're OFI you go to Aris and you play only with 1 stricker!.....

Sczni wants to be careful not to make the big gaffe because he's new and wants to prove himself to management. He doesn't want to take risks. I understand, don't like it though.

I don't like the way we throw Pap and Manoli in. In desperate moments. No sir. We set up the team beforehands with a good strick force. Pap was lost today and I doubt if Manoli touched the ball at all....

Pap and Manoli have helped us by being heros in desperate situations. Think about it. Everytime you need a hero the situation is desperate. That's no way to win, long term that is.

I've been saying this for the last few years (and have been criticized):

PAO has not gelled. It has no mentality of a champion despite some moments of brilliance here and there. We won last year because the others sucked and because of a few great moments by Manoli......

Apart from 2 games (including cup final) I thought we sucked.

We've lost the euro air we used to have. We don't have the teams' psychology and great SYNOLO we had pre-1996. We need to work on many areas and think long-term.

quick question

Olisadebe has not been a regular on Pao's line up since the beginning of last season when he had an injury that kept him out for a few months

now i understand that Pao already has 2 strikers ahead of him like Papadopoulos and Konstandinou and Gonzalez his a striker at times but Olisadebe always used to score goals i mean he just comes in in the last 10 mins of games

wuts the reason he never starting anymore i could be wrong?

is it age, deterioating talent, wut

###### era spor...

skazni should have started with 2 strikers...

Guys,

Kofte tin vromo-era sport. After the 6th stop I decided to listen supersport fm. Much better. No interruptions for ads, no losing connection (mono kapos gauroi oi ekfonites..alla borei na einai idea mou..).

No comments for the game. :angry: :angry: Good Luck to both teams for the champions league (we shall need extra luck...). :unsure:

After those back to back 4-0 wins and the good performances vs Henry and company, I started missing Sum. But the coach I really miss a lot is the late Kyrastas, during whose tenure I believe PAO was playing very nice football.

But as many already said, in addition to that schisophrenic karagiozi with the wistle stuck in his mouth, our coach entered the game with a losing mentality and no guts at all.

In my opinion, he should definitely start Pap instead of Scatel (hasn't he watched the 2-2 in Leoforo and 3-1 Cup Final?) - That should be enough proof for him not to leave Pap out of this game!). He should not have subbed Munch, and he also needs to play Manoli for at least 25-30 minutes to get something out of him.

If I were the coach, I would also have available Sapanis and Sanmardean on the bench (both of which he excluded from the 18). Scazni has to give that Romanian some chances and see what happens. He insists on his own countryman Scatel like if he were Platini or something and when there is an opportunity for Sanmardean to play, he throws in that piece of s%$#! Epalle. Scatel is an average player at best and no better than Sapanis in my eyes and Epalle needs to go elsewhere for sure.

With the right coach (How about Livathinos?), we could have won this game 3-1 easy! Who is Scazni's assistant coach anyway?

Guys:

Take it easy on Skazni. Ok, he is not the best coach PAO have had but he is not the worst eaither.

What does it take for you to understand that Papadopoulos WAS INJURED. How many of you have written here that Skazni should have played Pap? Don't you read the news or know enough about the team you suposedly follow? Pap had an injury and could not start, simple as that.

Although I do question Skazni's decisions, this defeat was not all his fault, the players were the ones who played.

Anyway, this is not the end of the world for me. We deserved a draw despite making lots of mistakes in all departments. Oly won because of a non-existent foul giften to them by Kasnaferis. But to be fair, these kind of decisions happen all the time and we can't blame the ref.

Life goes on. Oly have spend alot more money on their team than us and played in front of all their fans. They showed us ALL they had yesterday which as we saw wasn't very much. :tdown:

I am not worried about the future and this protathima exei dromo akoma. The gays will come to us next year. Chin up guys :tup:

he could have started pap for a half then played manoli for the second half..he didnt play 2 strikers because he was afraid, not cause he couldnt use them...skazno played the cards all wrong this match..hopefully he learns from it and we improve our tactics a bit.. i actually have more faith in him because in certain games he has actually showed some balls, he just played the cards wrong yesterday...lets look forward, the season is not even close to over...lets just hope our morale gets alittle higher cause its looking in the gutter right now ;)

it looked so good till the extra time started. why do greek refs always have to blow up a match?

like i said before, i just listened on the radio, but his last decisions seemed to me to be completely wrong.

he should have let the match go on with the 3 on 2 (chance for osfp to make the match 2-0)

i dont know anything about what eqi did to get the red card

he should have let the match finish with 4 minutes of extra time (chance for olisadebe to make the 1-1)

what the hell are you talking about????

Kaznaferis didn't let Oly make 2-0 on counter???

I say, this bastard and his assistant didnt let Pana equalize in the end of 1st half with that ###### off-side desicion :angry:

Not to mention the FK-gift that Rivaldo converted to a nice goal.

You gayroi are always like that. Ekei pou mas xrwstane tha mas paroun kai to bodi!!!! :angry:

Nevertheless, a fair win for Oly as Scazni did those crazy things and gave the Reds the 3 points.

relax man and calm down. read the post carefully and you will understand what i said.

i listened to it on the radio and that is what they said. as far as i understood it we were on the counter with 3 against 2 and the ref stopped it wrongly. so there would have been a chance to make the second goal. that is what they said! capisce?

and i also wrote, that they said that skacel wasnt offside in an earlier post.

i dont understand why my post made answering like that. these were facts i heard through the radio and if i understood something wrong you could have said what happened instead of starting the same old derby-routine after you lost with "you gavroi are...."

i would have expected an answer like that about an other post of mine. B)

so calm down. you will have your chance for revenge in the second round at leoforos. i just hope your fans wont be as barbaric as ours. why cant these people just let the guys play their match on the field and enjoy the sport. :angry: i hope that more club persidents will follow demis' way of keeping them out of the stadium.

@evergreen

My respect goes to Thrylos CH.
:D i grew up in switzerland so i'm quite neutral and try to see the matches as they were and dont comment the decisions etc by making an elephant out of a moscito. :hypocrite:

Everyone seems to have a problem with referees in derbys. a lot of pressure is being put on referees on these derbys because a bad performance means a end to their careers.

If referees arew left along to do their job, then you will see a better standard from them. Rivaldos goal should not have been counted because goumas tackle was not a foul.

Sckacel offside in the end of the ist half was not offside as clearly shown on video replay.

And castilio should have been given a yellow card for not adopting fair play in the game.

referees are forced to referee games with duress by pressure put on by presidents of big clubs. this should not happen.

Furthermore players should not be forced to play against intimidation from oppossing fans with missiles being thrown at them by opposing fans everytime there is a corner.

And finally opposing fans should be allowed to support their teams in these derbys because obvoiusly the advantage lies with the home team.

Based on these conditions do not expect away teams to win.

In summing up this derby, Pao was not meant to win this game based on the following issues discussed above.

And the same will apply when olympiakos travels to leoforo. Pao will win that encounter. So the protathlima will be won through other results in the league.

So lets not get excited with this result because it isn't a true derby by nature. it is a one sited affair.

Where do you see this type of derby happening in the rest of the footballing world.

NOWHERE!

Archived