Phantis Forums

Pao vs Arsenal

HOLLYWOOD

LOIPON OTI KAI NA LEME, GIA PELATES KAI MH, GIA TO POIOS EINAI KALOS STHN EYROPH, KAI POIOS OXI, H OYSIA EINAI MIA. H 10H AGONISTIKH EINAI KONTA. THA BALOUME TON ANTONAKH MESA NA PAIKSEI EPITHETIKOS. KAI OTAN BALEI GOL THA BGALEI TA GANTIA KAI DEN THA TA PETAKSEI.

Edited for language

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nikosf1,

exw dei oti exeis mpei polu..... dynamika sto phantis genika kai edw einai alliws ta pragmata. Poio cool, poio xalara kai xwris prosvoles. Coolare ligo kai oloi aneksairetws opadikwn ektimhsewn, 8a perasoume kala

Kalws hl8es sto forum.

About the game, we played aour best game this year so far. Scasny did a great job nulifying Arsenal (well, as much anyone can) who took their advantage of their 3 chances to score 2 goals.

From the 1st minute of the game PAO made their intentions clear that they wanted to win the game and went for it. Arsenal though scored in the 18th with an excellent threaded ball by Ljungburg. After that Arsnela would pass it around frustrating PAO but when PAO would get hold of the ball, they would set panic though Arsenals defences especialy from the flanks adn from Basinas taking pot shots outside the box. We had 5 good opportunities to score but the ball would run just wide of the post whilst one thunderbolt by Basinas was punched away unconvincingly by Lehman. In the 2nd half, PAO continued where it left of and if Mitu was more accurate with a shot in the box PAO could have equalised. But when "Manoli" was brought on you could sence that something was going to happen and it did! Manoli chased a ball, Lehman came out to head it away but miss-timed his jump and the ball did not go into touch as intended, Gonzalez saw an chance with Lehman out of goal and lobbed him from 35 metres out! What a goal!!! PAO continued to pressure Arsenal and did create a couple opening but bad decision making on 2 occasions didn' allow the ball to be crossed in the box when Arsenal we short of players at the back. An error in midfield gave Arsenal the chance to break and they did with Henry slottting home from the penalty spot. After that you could see PAO had lost their spirit as Arsenal took control and facily passed it about. Luckily we won a corner and Olisadebe equalised to give us the least we deserved from this game.

Congrats to the Players for playing their hearts out.

a great match by pao..prolly the best of the season...congrats boys...hjust a superb performance...we were strong in the back, took complete control of the midfield and took some chances up front...at times we dominated arsenal with our smart and passionate play...this is a glimse of the pao of the past and hopefully a glimse of the future...everyone on the field played a great match and gave it everything they had...in particular i would like to point out basinas...to me he was the man of the match....he took control of midfield and showed true leadership and passion on the field...to me, basinas shows what it means to be pao on the field...he really showed true passion and smart play....i could point out more players but it would go on forever because we just played a great match AS A TEAM....we stuck together and held it together even when we were down...we lifted outselves up..gonzalez's goal was simpply incredible...just magic...i thought we controlled the game and really made our point today..i know we played a greeat match, but we cant let it go to our heads..we have to keep working and fighting for every tackle, pass, goal and point....hopefully this will be a massive morale boost for us...simply a great match....

Man Maoli should get a start!!! this guys is so deadly for only 25 minutes jst imagine how good him and pap would b for a full game!! i love kosatntinou However his in ability of scoring is hurting us even though he works his but off... anyways to the game pwoahh i jst saw the goals well done pao...

Awesome game by Pao

Thing thats got me worried can we still qualify for the second round?

We have 1 away left and 2 homes say we get 6 points will this be enough to get us thru?

Im hoping it is, im prolly going to get shot down for this but I reckon if we still had Shum we would of lost :ph34r:

Good work Scacny :tup:

yep ur right

I reckon we can get rosenberg away and PSV at home

If we win or draw at Arsenal it will be a massive bonus

I seriously think we can do make the second round our team is gelling very good and our main handicap was Shoums coaching inexperience

Scasny has proven he can handle the pressure of CL

And to think we had all those injuries as well once our other boyz are back we will be even better

BRING IT ON!!!!

Hey guys, i watched the highlights and i was very impressed. We'll have to see if PAO is really coming back to europian form or it was just a fluke.

Now you know how we can play friend. That was just a taste. With a little luck we could have beaten them since they had only 3 chances the whole game.

First Phase Group E

P W D L F A Pts GD

PSV Eindhoven 3 2 0 1 3 2 6 1

Arsenal 3 1 2 0 4 3 5 1

Panathinaikos 3 1 1 1 4 4 4 0

Rosenborg 3 0 1 2 3 5 1 -2

This is the table as of now.. if we look at this logical we can/should make it for the following reasons:

Will lose to Arsenal in england then hopefully beat psv and should beat Rosenborg leaving us with 10 points

Psv should lose to arsenal and us however beat rosenborg leaving them with 9 points

Arsenal should win all there games leaving them with 14 points

Rosonborg will lose all there games staying on 1 point

Remember this is logic however the suprise or two will happen however its very important that pao win the next 2/3 games....

skazny has proven he can handle the cl pressure come on man after one game u judge that? and who's to say it wasnt zaets controlling the team and handling pressure while skazny was standing there for good looks? i mean that was the reason shum got fired with zaets pulling all the strings. if u look at results shum got double while others got tipota.

after draw with aigaleo fans wear compalining and heard they did it again last night when result not going there way. what's with pao fans this yr all sooking.

good result for pao gives them confidence to chase reuslt in london and if they put pressure on arsneal will start to make mistakes.

Scasny has proven he can handle the pressure of CL

i dont think he has proven that yet...he has proven it more then shoum, but it takes more then one game...
I agree its early days, but imagine if shoum was her we would of defended like idiots

At least scazny has some logic but i want to see what happens in the next CL game then my mind is made up but i already think Scacny is better than Shoum :whistle:

Only one thing to say

The departure of Shum was a good thing

PAO players took initiatives!

See how many good shots basinas had on or close to goal!

How many times Kyriakos came forward! (And it was against the Arsenal Offence! )

I think the change in management was good, and if Scazni is lucky and returns fast in good results the PAO bench might have found a more permanent resident that usual... ;)

Bad result the way the game went and bad also due to the win of the Dutch... but definitelly an improved PAO who reacted after 2 times fallin behind.

Kali synexeia

lete na ginei tipota stin Agglia re paidia??? Thimaste ti egine to 96 me ton Ajax???

lete auti ti fora na xtipisei o Manolis sto 87 mesa sto Xaiburi? Tha trelatho an ginei kati tetoio.... pantos an tous piesoume pisteuo oti mporei na ginei kati... eidate ti egine otan arxisame kai tous presarame.... ekanan eukola lathoi!

I think the game in Highbury could be the key for us. If we manage not to lose (massive task), then Arsenal will be forced to go to Phillips Stadium and go for a win, giving us a golden opportinity to capitalise with a win at Lerkendal.

The tough scenario is if we lose at Highbury (very probable) while PSV wins against Rosenborg. That will leave arsenal with 8 and PSV with 9. If then PSV beats Arsenal at home , we are screwed regardless.

Anyway, it is long way til then and like Scazny said when asked about the next match against Arsenal "next match is against Kerkyra"

By the way, did anyone notice Henry's super-arrogant reaction after the 2-1 goal. The message he was sending was like "I can do this anytime, there is nothing to it".

I was very impressed with the team play and the whole team last night.

You guys should have more faith in this team. I don;t remember anyone of us giving PAO a chance before yesterday. We all thought we lose, me included.

I was very impressed by Vyntra. He is a big prospect for the future.

Panos13 Posted on Oct 21 2004, 03:24 AM

I was very impressed with the team play and the whole team last night.

You guys should have more faith in this team. I don;t remember anyone of us giving PAO a chance before yesterday. We all thought we lose, me included.

I was very impressed by Vyntra. He is a big prospect for the future. 

I beg to differ. I was the one saying we own these guys and that we are Titi's DADDY

Ok a word from 'within' Leoforos...

The atmosphere was great. And indeed taht was a great game by PAO for a LONG time.... Even LAMOIO played much better than expected....

Generally WE KICKED ARSE-nal!!! Equi's goal was MAGNIFICENT!!! :nw:

Also Basinas played like his old good self and he was a real captain...

More on the players in Hollywood rating post....

Now as far as going through goes... No doubt the score in Tronthaim was very bad for us... But I see everybody talks about reaching PSV and winning the two games with PSV and Rosenborg. Has any of you imagined that Arse-nal could be left out as well? I know its very difficult but think about it... A draw in Highbury and I think they are out!!!! Of course getting a draw at highbury is another issue, but then they will have to face PSV in Holland, PSV will be playing like crazy for the 3 points and there is always a chance that this disgusting team might be left out of the next round...... ;)

Otherwise we definetly need 2 wins in Norway and PSV at home and also a combination of ARSE-nal wins.... They have to beat PSV in Holland for sure!!!!

Anyway good luck for the rest of the games....

good game but my hopes are vanishing because of PSV's performance. it became a huge surprise for me when they beat Rosenborg away... that's very very bad news!!! At Highbury, PAO has to get at least one point and then they have to beat PSV and Rosenborg consecutively...

but with the spirit of play against the Gunner F***ers, PAO can achieve it!!! :nw:

and shots attempted is 11-5 in favour of PAO... this is for the first time happening this season... a team against Arsenal, having more shots than them... i hope Scasni goes on to shock me!!! His first credit is 9 out of 10 for me! :tup:

Has any of you imagined that Arse-nal could be left out as well? I know its very difficult but think about it... A draw in Highbury and I think they are out!!!! Of course getting a draw at highbury is another issue, but then they will have to face PSV in Holland, PSV will be playing like crazy for the 3 points and there is always a chance that this disgusting team might be left out of the next round...... ;)

That is exactly why I consider the game at Highbury key. If we fail to lose, Arsenal and PSV will go head to head with only the victory in mind.

But we can also go through if we lose at Highbury, and then beat Rosenborg and PSV. As long as PSV drops points against either Rosenborg or Arsenal.

It could end up us and PSV at 10 points each. We might have to go for a 2-0 win. Time will tell

Archived