Phantis Forums

Pao vs Arsenal

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first half is easily the best half so far this season for PAO. Too bad Arsenal scored on their first opportunity. Magical pass from Reyes.

We are holding up well against them. Reminds me of the PAO from old days. I am hopeful we can create something by the end ... if we can endure it.

Guys, I don't know what you think, but this game gives me hope for PAO. First, we played one of the best teams and we showed that we have the guts to beat them--even if we didn't today.

Second, I like our attitude, which is so different than what the Greek teams have been doing for ever.... that is, that we play to score and win! A tie with 2-2 is much better than a 0-0 with "tabouri" (all in the back) defending.... I hope that this great game by PAO has something to do with our new coach...

I heard that PSV won away. That's bad for us, isn't it?

PANATHA deserved better today.

In the past, PAO was able to win games if it played like today, but I'm hopeful that something is changing for the better....

PAO from the old days indeed. This is the team that has re-emerged. Skazny dared more, even though the line-up was the same. The difference was the mentality. With Shum we seemed very afraid and panicked. As if he did not believe in our abilities (his statements proved this as well after his firing). We played arguably the best team in the world at the moment and looked them in the eye.

Well done PAO. You made us proud again !!!

I just saw the goals on ESPN. Gonzalez' goal was BRILLIANT in the way he lobbed Lehmann from distance! Panathinaikos played very well and took it up to their more fancied opponents. The ESPN live commentator was very impressed. Again, well done!

this was taken from bbc website

Arsene Wenger's side rarely showed the craft and guile that so often characterises their play in the Premiership and deserved no more than a point

Panathinaikos continued to show greater urgency and desire after half-time - and they were finally rewarded for their endeavour with a well-deserved equaliser.

2-2

OUTSTANDING RESULT!!!

The best PAO Euro result since 0-1 at Porto.

Even better than 1-3 at Rangers(?)

PAO has come back twice against the best European team :tup:

Without Munch, Papa, Andric, and with a half strength Manolis for 25 mins

With a Basina from his great past, performing at his top

Manolis is not only our best scorer, but a lucky charm as well

As soon as he comes in... Gonzo scores, and then he does as well

Konstantinidis is not a PAO caliber player :tdown:

Mitu was weak ...

Vyntras will be our future right back.

Halkias made the save of the game :nw:

Bye Scum, Welcome Scasny. :D

Much better future is ahead.

PAO achieved not only one point, but a psychological boost

With a healthy Manoli, Papa, Munch, and a better Skacel anything is possible.

What sucks is: Rosenborg 1- 2 PSV ...

Good luck to ALL our teams

Support ALL Greek teams abroad!!!

PEACE

this was an undeserved tie...

i just saw the highlights so i cant judge the whole game, but it seemed to me as if you played much better than arsenal. you would have deserved the win.

amazing goal by gonzales. :nw:

the two consecutive saves by chalkias were brilliant. he spared you from the defeat. :nw:

after this ame i the fight for the german number one keeper has been decided. not even ele was straying around in the zone like lehmann did. :LOL:

i liked the way henry celebrated his goal though :tup:

lets hope you will play like this in england too.

:gr:

eida to paixnidi se kafeneio...... paiksame para poly kala kai g@moto tha mporousame na nikisoume..... o olisadebe einai foveros paixtis, apo tin wra pou mpike tous ekane ano kato tous amintikous tis Arsenal, o Mixalakis for one more game... s**** itan!

the only bad thing was pou nikise i ######meni i Aintxoven.... o Kiriakos elege sto auti tou Henry to onoma tou Xaristea giauto den peire mpala katholou, asxeta an evale goal!!!

pantos kamia elliniki omada den exei tyxi sto CL :( :(

aurio oloi na ypostiriksoume tis ellinikes omades... i wanna see Aigaleo - Middlesbro

A very good open game w/ both sides attacking. Some of our players are young and lack experience but today they demonstrated the great potential that this team has. Didn't like Mitu but Kyriakos was very good and Basinas was just inches away from scoring. Also unfortunately the ref was favoring Arsenal! Anyway they really played like a unit and this is just the beginning! BRAVO SKASNI and TEAM

Archived