Phantis Forums

UKRAINE - GREECE

Elastonpappou 13

Not bad considering - that we lost 2-0 in Kiev in Euro qualifying.

There is still many games to play - and I thought we looked good.

It amazes me how streaky Giankopoulos and Tsrtas are - if they are on (as Tsartas was) they rock if not they are a wastes (Gianakopoulos today)

Giorkas is amazing

Zito ti patritha

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think overall we played well with this being our best in the qualifying games so far. Vryzas needed someone else with him up front (what happened to Salpiggidis)? Georgiadis played very well; perhaps he should start next time. I agree we should bring in some other guys depending on who we play but I wouldn't be as negative as some since I know we will advance. These qualifying games will be different and closer but DON"T WORRY.

Greece got a positive result in there game against Ukraine today a 1-1 draw

but from wut i read and heard Greece didn't look too good except from some good moments Ukraine controlled the game the Defense wasn't has crisp they let alot of shots go on goal

Nikopolidis played really well besides that bad goal he gave up to his defense though Schevenko's free kick was actually a cross play rather then a shot but he was so F***ed up it his the wet surface and crawled in i mean Nikopolidis should have stop but to his credit he played really well

Thank god for Tsairtas i heard it was a tremedous free kick goal 30 meters out top corner

Somebody tell me where i can see that clip?????????????????????????????????????

everybody is also trying to make all these scenarios were still in the thick of things here .

were only 3 points out from the top seed

Denmark i believe has played less then one game from the rest of the group but we still control our own destiny and hopefully we find our form from the Euro 2004

and we will

and all these negativity towards Otto has got to be stopped i mean do guys honestly know better then him i mean he has played the game before won 4 bundesliga titles and 4 German cups

and of course

1 European title

I mean lets trust in King Otto

everybody keep your heads up because i feel a run coming in and were going to take everybody by suprise again

Hellas#1

Pantos ta paidia dei3ane pos ehoune megalh kardia me thn plath tous ston toixo se ena KRISIMO (milame gia thanatos) paixnidi kai isofarisane, para to 'lathos' tou Antonaki. Pisteuvo pos einai fysiologiko na kaneis kai lathoi kai na ths plironeis kiolas kapou kapou, ta paidia aplos den kanane tetia lathoi sto euro, edw me alvania-ukrania kaname 2-3 kai xasame eos 3 politimous vathmous ! Pantos, eimaste akomh sto kynigi, afto pou thelame diladh, etsi ?

If we can wipe Kazakstan lethally and quickly, things will be interestingly set up for our match with Denmark at home (brings back old memorys with the 0-0 at OAKA huh?), these guys havn't magically lost their heart and will, let's stand by them.

It's funny how everyone in here is magically coaching material :LOL: You anti-olympiakoi want Nikopolidi out all of a sudden (SUPRISE SUPRISE ?), not to mention his head on a platter. Dont forget he has only bailed us from each and EVERY game somehow, all during the EURO tourney and today as well (not to mention with Turkey as well) Hell, by your logic, Katsouranis should be dropped as well, right ? I just hope some of you in here realize how obviously little hippocrites you have come to be. :tdown:

+= ELLAS +=

I saw the game at a local bar, and must say that a 1-1 tie at Ukraine at any other time is a good result, however with the two poor results against Albania and Turkey, we really needed a win badly to make for lost ground. This did not happpen, and the results of the first three game might come back and haunt us later. I expected that our NT would have somewhere between 5 - 7 points from the first three games in the this group, but we only managed to get two.

We played the usual Rehhagel game, which by now has become way too predictable. Our opponents are now familiar with our game and they will set their game accordingly. Otto needs to bring in some new faces to give the team a different and fresh look.

Huge mistake by Nikopolidis gave the Ukrainians the lead. I could not believe he let such a goal in. Having said that though, Nikopolidis made some key saves in the first half to keep our NT in the game. Tsiartas came in at the right time and did what he had to do: tie the game. Other than that we have not shown much offensively.

Our destiny is still in our hands, but we need to start winning some games. We'll have to get positive results in Denmark, Georgia and Turkey in order to make up for lost ground. We also need to win all our remaing home games if we want to keep the dream of 2006 finals alive.

According to some no one is ever allowed to bag Otto or the NT....ok guys ??? <_< <_<

I totally agree with Ziaka's post.

Ohhh and another thing, does anyone else agree that Tsiartas should not be in the squad? Or do we forget everything just because he scored a pearler?

Well heres to an exciting campaign of the same starting 11 every game!!!! What fun!

Thanks ZGR33K for providing those clips to the game.

NIKOPOLIDIS

The goal Nikopolidis let in was brutal. Plain and simple. But some of you have mentioned that the conditions were we t and sloppy so....you have to accept that these things happen once in awhile...as crappy as that may be.

GOAL

Tsartas's goal was a beauty! I think he has his place on the NT. He recognizes it, and so should we. He's not a player who is going to play 45 minutes or the full match. He's a player who can make things happen in the last 15 minutes of a game. He's demonstrated that 3 times now.

The most obvious place Greece is lacking is in goalscoring. Vryzas can't do it alone and Charisteas was injured. And even if he wasn't, it's still only two options up front. I think in the international game, you need to have more. Calling up Salpiggidis was a start. Playing him would be a good thing too. I think it's also time to perhaps bring in some of the other youngsters as well.

BRING BACK LYBEROPOULOS

But Lyberopoulos is the man I would definately bring in. He can score goals by the basketfull. He showed that with PAO and AEK. He's played the international game as well. More attacking options can only strengthen Greece's game, not detract from it.

I really think Greece's first match with Albania is going to come back and bite them in the ass in a big way. They need to get their act together and basically win everything from here on in--in order to even have a chance of qualifying. Let's hope they do it.

FORZA ELLAS

Otto definately needs to freshen up things.We are looking very stale and are very predictable.

There are various candidates that deserve a call up to the team like Fotakis, Agritis, Skopelitis from Egaleo, Tzioulis, Matzios, Mitrou from Panionios, Zikos from Monaco, Grammozis from Kaiserslautern, Stoltidis, Amanatidis from Kaiserslautern (i know he's injured now otherwise he'd be in the team, Liberopoulos can still help and he should play Georgiadis a bit more especially since we lack flanking players.

I'm not saying to call them all up but he could bring in 3-4 players.

It was luck more than anything we didn't go out from yesterday and I think the press should get on Otto case to freshen things up. We all agree he's great but he isn't without his flaws either. I know he loved and trusts the players that won us the EC but will are banging our heads on the wall at the moment.

Criticism is good but one should keep in mind a few things.

Nikopolidis was by far the best player on the field, both halves and despite the goal allowed which was a freak goal. PAO fan extremes should get their had out of their ---! Their owners has a history of sidelining great greek players. This time their ego could have had hurt the national team. Thank got Nikopolidis even without playing most of the spring still did his job in portugal.

Tsiartas seems to be the only greek player who is a creative force. Perhaps other players need to conform and support his weaknesses rather then getting rid of him.

In this game our team finally aproached the level of intensity in portugal. Once the midfield defensive intensity is achieved the results will follow.

As far as new players, there do not seem to be players that are such stand outs and can offer better options or force changes in the lineup.

My blood pressure goes up and my heart beats fast when I watch these games! Definitely nothing happened too much up front. I like vryzas and I would hope soon he shows his talents but again he needs another playmaker. I'm sure Otto is trying new blood but dont forget the injuries to Lakis and Paps.

A lot of players lost their steam like zagorakis and karagounis.

It was a shitty goal Adoni let in but he made a couple of amazing stops in the 1st half to keep us at nil. So I forgive him for the slipped ball :whistle:

I'm also slightly worried with our NT play but am hopeful they will turn things around. We cant start losing faith in our team and coach so fast. Can we already forget what happened a few months ago?

Tsiartas...Since he has that special skill, keep and use him when needed.

On nov 17th, there should be no other result than a win against Kaz.

Cmon boys, it's way too early to lose faith!!! :box:

There are various candidates that deserve a call up to the team like Fotakis, Agritis, Skopelitis from Egaleo, Tzioulis, Matzios, Mitrou from Panionios, Zikos from Monaco, Grammozis from Kaiserslautern, Stoltidis, Amanatidis from Kaiserslautern (i know he's injured now otherwise he'd be in the team, Liberopoulos can still help and he should play Georgiadis a bit more especially since we lack flanking players.

These are just the type of players we need to bring!!! Good work in listing them EverGreen :tup:

What we need are creativ mid-fielders... not only working midfielders that we have now

We need a mixture of creativ-offensive midflielders and working midfielders that we have sufficient....

The forwards are not so bad with Charisteas, Vryzas, Papadopoulos.....and Salpiggidis on the queue.....and Lyberopoulos, who can be called anytime...

In my opinion the NT misses Nikolaidis very badly..., because he was incalculable...and he still could be a great forward.... In Portugal he could not show his true value because he came out of an injury...

The defense is solid...but we could look for a better left back

GK is ok.... everybody can do a mistake like that on that surface... and with Halkias we have a good back up.

As I said our problem is / are the creative midfielders..... We need at least 2 in this team

It amazes me...for a folk like the Greeks..., who have a big personality...., a great feeling of freedom..... and don't take discipline very serious in general...... that among these people/football players... don't come more creative players out....

Karagounis, Basinas, Katsouranis, Zagorakis, Zikos, Stoltidis, Kaffes... they are all working players..... many of you call that modern football...... but they can not bring the magic .

Tsiartas could in some degree... but he is without a team...and no rythm.... Lakis lives more with his sprints than with his exposure with the ball.... And Georgiadis is getting old. Giannakopoulos could be of a help.... but due to injuries of Xaristeas and Papadopoulos he had to play as a striker.

2 years ago the duo Tsiartas - Nikolaidis could bring some art in the pitch..... now we play the Island - Style. Running and Tackling

I never saw Agritis in an international game or the other Aigaleo players.... to make an idea of them.... playing against Xalkidona or OFH is not the same as playing International games.

Ok the conclusions after the match are the following:

If Adonaki-alhth-melos was concerned more of playing football rather than going to rediculous gatherings to sign up to become melos, we would have had at least 3 motre points now. ;) I can't accept the excuse that the "conditions were wet and sloppy" and all that crap. What about the Albania game? was that bad conditions too, where the 2nd goal came from a kick that came 45 meters away from the goal without even deflecting anywhere? I say bring on Halkias immediately!!!!

Oh Adonaki... Perhaps Shevschenko had "dolo" of puting the ball in the net huh? OYST ALHTIRIE!!!! :ph34r:

By the way terrible performance by Giannakopoulos as well.... He should have been replaced much earlier....

Tsiartas had a great free kick and that is why Rehagels gets him in the squad... Tsiartas is good for coming in in the last 15 minutes in order to open up play and take some free kicks and corners. Otherwise he plays in a slow-motion and his football is almost a decade behind.... However he saved us from going out of the world cup from our 3rd game... ;)

Archived