Phantis Forums

UKRAINE - GREECE

Elastonpappou 13

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Tsiartas does not play 90 mins...

but he should be comming in every game when we need a goal.

He delivers!!!

PEACE

By comming in... I mean subbed in!!!

I agree that he can not play 90 mins and does not mark or run

He is very helpful on offence though :tup:

Another missed chance by Dellas :gr:

PEACE

final 1-1

A great chance for 3 points was missed...

But we got 1 when everything seemed lost

Not bad overall

Need better results away, and only wins at home

There is a long way to go, and the Denmark games will be crucial.

PEACE

just watched the game...................

we were terrible, we had 2 or 3 chances all game, against the 87th ranked team.

stelios was awful, he lost theball every time and was falling everywhere from minimal contact. nikopolidis made the ugliest mistake i have ever seen him make.

vryzas again played awful and did not do 1 good thing. and for all the vryzaslovers..........8 goals in 60 games.......real good striker

you could tell that karagounis and stelios are out of form and you could tell georgiadis is in form. he took men on 2 or 3 times in 10 minutes.

otto must stop his stobborness and quit playing the same players!!!!!!!

I wonder if nikopolidis threw his gloves at the ref? or if any one told the ref that he was going to kill him for not giving the clear penalty? we only pull m*****es were we can get away with them!

Nikopolidis mistake only happens in the under 10 leagues, a in swinging cross from a set play and you sit on the goal line waiting for the ball to be caught at what knee hight? he's a great shot stopper I'll give him that but when it come to crosses is as good as a traffic cop, he should have come out and punched or taken the ball out right, he's not a small boy.

the subs and the starting line up was all wrong.

1 if charisteas is fit enought to play 45 min he should start (he would have scored the chance giannakopoulos had) ie what if got injured when he came on then otto would have been forced to make another sub!

2.(vryzas again played awful and did not do 1 good thing. and for all the vryzaslovers..........8 goals in 60 games.......real good striker) well put give the other kids a chance! ( Salpigidis)

3 have the balls and take zagorakis off! he was on a yellow and he had run his legs off he should have been the sub not stellios!

4 I can't belive that georgiadis is actually playing still for the national team he's not a gun sub never has been never will be, he has past his used by date, at that stage of the game young legs are what is needed. my option would have been venetidis, or kafes or even push basinas forward!

5 Tsartas hasn't played football for a while but what can I say, it worked for otto very luck for otto that tsartas has some class, I would not have played him as he is clearly not match fit, only good for set plays corners and free kicks, but must say well done to him on the free kick as we were never going to score in the run of play

We need to all relax and just take these games 1 at a time....

Otto knows what he's doing and I don't really agree with all but we have to back him up.

It's still a long way till 2006 and more importantly till our group games finish.

Be patient my friends... We Will Make It to GERMANY

I know Tsartas is the MAN. i dont care if he cant run or mark.. we need play making up front and goals. He saved our behind vs Spain. He saved our behind vs Czekis. he is daman if he didnt score this game ukraine would be far ahead and we would be at the bottom..

Even more amazing is he only plays a few minutes a match.

however i have been saying WE NEED A STRIKER or two or three

very young, goal sucking not coming back at all to play mid.

not a guy like vryas that plays back and doesnt put pressure on their D

hes getting old and cant out run 3 guys especially by himself.

put in Salpi and Paps and get some shots on the damn net with boots not headers or set pieces.

i watched this game and still see

1) we score a lot from set pieces which is good

however

2) we try and do get a few headers in a game

however

3) we do a lot of crosses and chips that go wasted

and

4) WE DO NOT SHOOT at the damn net enough with our feet

because

5) we do not have real strikers that can run and shoot

period

my 2 cents

we have the Greatest Ds in the world in my opinion and one of the greatest goalies in the world. the rest of the world is way over rated.

our mids our great too.

i think we are one of the top teams out there but

we need 2 or 3 true young goal scorers that just do nothing but goal suck and shoot

if we had these guys we would be even better than brazil

According to the sites:

Nikopolidis was the best if not for his BLUNDER

Stelios was the worst

Vryzas not enough alone up front

Shame that Nikopolidis will be remembered for his mistake while he made other terrific saves...

The ball slipped, it was an unlucky moment :(

Greece needs to get awaken by the injection of a good forward...

Who is that?

PEACE

Archived