Phantis Forums

Olympiakos games on ANT1

you know i wonder if the sponsors of the Olympiakos games are the reason Antenna is showing the games, Because if I am correct I think Fage (yogurt co) and I can't remember the other two sponsors last year I don't know if anyone remembers, but after every Olympiakos game that Antenna showed last year, they always had a "brought to you by" message from the following sponsors and I remember Fage was one of them. I wonder if these companies decided to pick up the tab for the cost of televising the games. Any thoughts?

Original : My mistake, for some reason I was thinking Olympiakos had signed with NETMED and NOT Alpha this year, but I was wrong.

I also have not seen anything advertised on ANT SAT or it's website as it has done in previous years, I guess we'll have to wait till the 19th for OSFP-Kalithea, or unless someone out there releases a confirmation statement of some sort.

The confirmation that Olympiakos games will be on Antenna came from my contact at Setanta, who mentioned that they had everything wrapped up contract wise, but at the last minute Antenna got in and acquired the rights for Olympiakos game. According to the same person, Setanta will now try and finalize something for the other Greek teams.

From what I am told Setanta will try and get something setup for the other teams. At least that's what my contact is saying. But if they were only talking with Alpha teams only than there is not much to get excited about, and I think Setanta might drop out completely. Now if the Supersport teams are involved, than it is a completely different situation.

As far as ERT-Sat is concerned. In the past years, the reason that ERT-Sat was able to show league games on tape delay thanks to a deal with Supersport for the 3-minute highlites from the Superpsort games. ERT-Sat used the 3-minute highlites on their Athlitiki Kyriaki show. As part of this deal Supersport let ERT broadcast some of the games on ERT-Sat with the stipulation that they show the games on tape-delay only.

Now, ERT-Sat is scheduled to show the Athlitiki Kyriaki. I am assuming that they made some kind of deal at least with Supersport for game highlites. I understand they had problems getting highlites from Alpha. I guess we will have to wait until Sunday to see if they do have game highlites and also delayed broadcasts of the games, since ERT-Sat is not forthcoming with any information about their soccer overage plans.

What gets me is that its only OSFP games that we get to see live here. Where are all the other teams....is Kokkalis the only owner that cares about the teams fans in the diaspora? I noticed that FAGE was one of the sponsors mentioned at the end of the OSFP broadcasts. Isn't that Fillipous company? The owner of KAE AEK? Why would they not try to bring AEK matches in as well. Also doesn't the Vardinogiannis family own a piece of MEGA why are their matches not shown on MEGACosmos? And as for ERTSat.....if they show games why on Tape Delay? I understand that people in Greece can get ERTSat as well. but why not just send the games out to North America and Australia?. These questions sound simple enough.....but I guess they are not because we are getting screwed once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived