Phantis Forums

2006 WC...Greece - Turkey....

nightsurfer

Remember people consistency is the most important thing here... I don't want us to be remembered as a flash team that came out of nowhere in euro 2004 and then dissapeared from the football map for another 30 years!!! ;)

I beleive that is ALL our fears, each and every one of us.

A Kiev loss, and people, it'll be a while :whistle:

Rehagel quoted : "all for the win, in kiev" It'll be rather interesting if you ask me.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After I have seen again the game.......

I can say....that on Rüstüs intervention againt the huge chance of Giannakopoulos where the defender stopped the ball before the line...... .... was not clean and was a foul...

The Referee could have given Penalty, because Rüstü goes clearly full attack into the striker (and takes away the advantage of him illegally)...without touching the ball....clear Penalty..... although this was not the reason that we did not win.......

If we do not lose in Kiev...we are still in play..... and we will not lose ........mark my words........ They should have never fixed 2 games in the beginning September....

........ They should have never fixed 2 games in the beginning September....

The Greek NT had no choice in the matter. Since the 7 participating teams could not agree on schedule, FIFA held a draw to come up with the game schedule. The toughest part of our schedule is still to come. We have to play two very hard games in June 2005 (4-JUN-05 in Turkey and 8-JUN-05 against Ukraine), about 3 weeks after the Greek league ends.

First of all his my 1st cuzen so he accepts what ever i give him,

And how should I know that he is your 1st cousin...and you are elaborating on skatology ?

I thought he would be offended unecessarily, like the majority of people..when you downgrade in this way his opinion......

I would do it again... B)

Greece should complain to Fifa and have turkey loss points for Rustus play acting

score should have been 1 - 0 :tdown:

stop talkin xxx i saw the highlights an everyone agreed that he was taken out... Also if he wasnt and he did do it on purpose they cant complain coz the game is over now... dont you find it funny how your the only one who thinks this and no one else that matters?
Key word u saw the highlights!

Stop talkin xxx cuz, u didnt see how dodgy the reffing was

and if u think im the only one read this post

http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?...t=0entry27850

:whistle:

It was a foul in my opinion. The way i saw it Giannakopoulos was standing in front of Rustu for a long time. Rustu would have had no chance in getting to the ball. So he waited for the right moment and when it came he dove completely in the other direction to make it look like he was pushed. It was a nice little trick that worked.

First of all his my 1st cuzen so he accepts what ever i give him,

And how should I know that he is your 1st cousin...and you are elaborating on skatology ?

I thought he would be offended unecessarily, like the majority of people..when you downgrade in this way his opinion......

I would do it again... B)

LOL! :D :D :D

I agree with Aek66

I still reckon the group is still widely open

Georgia 2 1 1 0 3 1 4

Ukraine 2 1 1 0 3 2 4

Albania 2 1 0 1 2 3 3

Turkey 2 0 2 0 1 1 2

Denmark 1 0 1 0 1 1 1

Greece 2 0 1 1 1 2 1

Kazakhstan 1 0 0 1 1 2 0

with Denmark probably (who knows) securing 3 points to bring them also to 4 points i still think Greece has a chance maybe if we had teams on 6 points we'd be stuffed but i still think we can make it

i think if our next game we lose then i think thats when we panic but for now i think we are ok

:gr: :gr: :gr:

The Greek NT had no choice in the matter. Since the 7 participating teams could not agree on schedule, FIFA held a draw to come up with the game schedule.

Yeah, you are right.... I have completely forgotten this fact.....

Boys, Greece won the EC because they worked hard on the field not because of their virtuosity with the ball.....

And beginning September they are not in condition to show it again, that's very simple, even if they want it abosolutely, they can't overpass the law of nature.....

The Albanians and the Turks had an immense advantage....and this was decisive for them.

In October everything will be different and then you can judge our NT

nightsurfer- i understand what you are saying, but, greece are the euro champions kai oso kaka ta psemata, toso kakes oi profaseis.

next june when when have 2 big matches, ti 8a leme; eimaste koupasmenoi; 8a mas etthpeasei h koupash; hdh, apo 6 ba8mous, exoume parei movo evav. now the pressure is on to win in kievou. and we know that ukraine has a tepastio kivitpo to defeat greece.

if anyone is 'deforme' or not ready, i think it is rehagel. i can't believe he would call players like dabiza and gouma, and he won't use them because he doesn't trust them. rehagel should thank basina for trying 110% in a new position where basina could have embarrassed himself, because if turkey won 0-1 because of adpaveia in the defense, i don't think he would look like the super manager he has looked the past year.

the olympics proved that vallas is not ready for international football. if kapsis and dellas are injured in october, shall rehagel use basinas and katsouranis as centerbacks? is kyrgiakos injured? i don't follow the greek league as much because the greek paragovtes themselves have turned the protathlima into the afghanistan league.

2-3 years ago, greece had many 'avepxomevoi' defensive talents coming up, vallas, moras, vyndra, koulouxephs, lagos, taulapidhs and tapalidhs. i find it shocking that the champions of europe have to play a midfielder as a centerback.

bravo stov basiva pou efage ta sidepa kai ta katafepe.

I have to agree with you on the Goumas / Dabizas subject... Despite what everyone thinks of them as players, whats the point calling two players in the NT if you never put them in the squad to play... You had your center back injured and you had two players of an exeactly similar position to replace him. Instead he prefered to use Basinas, which means that he has no trust over the other two players and that there is no way that they will ever play...

If I was Goumas I would have left the NT!

Tonight its ur turn maybe but you will be welcome the hell of Istanbul....

my ass.

way to overuse the damn phrase and not live up to it. that was a long time ago, ive seen the games of Gsaray and Bahce ciflik..... not that much different at all in fact less than what you see in a tiny overpacked stadium derby in greece.

my ass.

way to overuse the damn phrase and not live up to it. that was a long time ago, ive seen the games of Gsaray and Bahce ciflik..... not that much different at all in fact less than what you see in a tiny overpacked stadium derby in greece.

Hah funny,Nt games have always different atmosphere....I dont not care about Gs and Fb games vs oil or green flower...Pray to god for not to meet with Carsi someday....

Be Clever...

oh please... giving us the same welcome to hell s%$#! over and over.. this is so stupid and overused. and may i add the atmosphere for national teams is always worse, and thats true in turkey and i have seen games of Gala, Bahce Ciflik, even BeSHITas and the NT.....these players play in the same crap all the time to them its not a factor at all for teams like greece, turkey or other balkan teams. Maybe vs teams like England who have no atmosphere in the stadiums ever it makes the difference.

i dont know who this Carsick is, dont really care either. but please, get over yourselves, THE ATMOSPHERE ISNT THAT GREAT or amazing - wow you have flares and throw things and yell like the rest of europe...and you guys couldnt beat england, latvia or georgia there, so run your mouth on the welcome to hell bullshit (which was actually created by an english journalist anyways), and weve heard it before and seen it makes little difference.

oh please... giving us the same welcome to hell s%$#! over and over.. this is so stupid and overused. and may i add the atmosphere for national teams is always worse, and thats true in turkey and i have seen games of Gala, Bahce Ciflik, even BeSHITas and the NT.....these players play in the same crap all the time to them its not a factor at all for teams like greece, turkey or other balkan teams. Maybe vs teams like England who have no atmosphere in the stadiums ever it makes the difference.

i dont know who this Carsick is, dont really care either. but please, get over yourselves, THE ATMOSPHERE ISNT THAT GREAT or amazing - wow you have flares and throw things and yell like the rest of europe...and you guys couldnt beat england, latvia or georgia there, so run your mouth on the welcome to hell bullshit (which was actually created by an english journalist anyways), and weve heard it before and seen it makes little difference.

Well i would like to give u long answer to all ur bull shits but its not the right place and i have respect the other Greek friends....

Come to Turkey for the next game then....

Ups i forgot to ask,u know how to swim or.....!!!!!!!!

Well i would like to give u long answer to all ur bull shits but its not the right place and i have respect the other Greek friends....

Come to Turkey for the next game then....

Ups i forgot to ask,u know how to swim or.....!!!!!!!!

beleive me id love to go to the game- but its just not realistic for some people to travel to a place to stay only 90 minutes + half time.....

all im saying to you is that you guys way overate the atmosphere, they have flares, missles, and chanting/screaming and cursing everywhere in the balkans so dont be acting like turkey is unique, its really NOT that different. and its nice to know you respect the other greek memebers so u refrain from saying anything, but by doing this it implies the only thing you would say would be general trash talk about greece so thanks for not saying it. if you dont like greece or greek football these probably arent the correct forums for you.

oh i can swim, and may i ask how do you like your wood prepared?

Archived