Phantis Forums

2006 WCq: Albania - Greece

Ziaka

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im disappointed Greece lost but hey Albania caused an upset it and thus is what makes soccer so good

Look at them celebrate but lets not forget how we celebrated when we beat Portugal and Euro champs France!

Congrats to Albania.....

But i cant stand how this forum has been invaded by Albanians and bringing up racist and political bs on to this forum lets just keep it friendly and talk about soccer

Hopefully Greece bounces back against Turkey but one thing Greece has to realise is that all the teams are lining up to beat us as we are THE EURO CHAMPS and will celebrate just like we celebrated when we beat the French

As for soccer Albanians scored cos of our silly mistakes we will see what the score is when they come to Greece but for now they can enjoy top of the table

Letes see when we play turkey hopefully we will jump into third :)

:gr: :gr: :gr:

To all the Greeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax

We lost a game yesterday a game one game thats it.

We didn't get eliminated but rather a set back to this point.

I hated losing yesterdays game just as much as any Greek.

As for the Albanians look u guys deserve to celebrate i don't mind that at all but don't start talking s%$#! b/c thats wut i have been seeing these last few days

Remember one thing were still the Defending Euro Champs and we have a beautiful cup to prove it

But the good thing is we don't have to dwell on this loss rather we have even a bigger more hateful enemy coming to Athens and Kariskaki is going to host this great event.

Wednesday Greece vs Turkey

I believe we also have 9 games left for qualification if i am rite

and look at the bright side Albania is ahead with 3 points and everybody else has 1 point. So lets all forget about this tragic loss yesterday and get ready for the ########## who today were throwing objects towards the patriarxeio with rocks today in Constantinople.

So lets not waste time and energy with the Albanians so we can take care of those ##########.

Hellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olympiakos11, do not call national groups names please.

Keep it "Football"

Thanks

The Admin

HELLAS !

8RYSKEIA !

#### THN TOYRKIA!

B) :gr:

Drako,

dont writte about Turkey what you wouldn't want to see written in this forum by a Turk about Greece, please...

These 2 NT games are a special fragile occasion for the forum and for our members ability to reamain cool in discussion.

Thanks

The Admin

What does that remind you of? Greece - Russia! Now remember how the team reacted after that loss? :D Let's hope it will happen again.

First of all it has made me very sad that an Albanian has been stabbed in our country......and all the riots makes me a bit feel uneasy...... about my homeland.

Back to Football....

Irlandos...it's exactly what I m thinking....I thought straigt on to the Russia game too,

because there are many similarities........ because also in Portugal...the first Russian goal came by a mistake from Katsouranis..as he missed an easy ball as the last man.....

But what worries me....very much...in respect to the Wednesday's game is that our players are physically not ready......and you could seen it ....if you observed their "biomechanik"..... (I don't know the English word ...but I mean their body movements and their intensity on actions).......

In todays Football, where the scisors are very narrow....this is a very important fact......

And don't forget...that the Turkish League has already started....., but ours not yet....also not for our legionaires with the exception of Haristeas, who does not get any playing practice.....and Kapsis...... , of whom I m not sure , if he started to play with Bordeaux...because in the first games, he did not play......

Only Giannakopoulos had 75 minutes competition game in his feet.........

Tsiartas not even a serious preparation....... , in today's football ...you must have a lot of luck to do something positive.....especially in a hot place like Tirana.......and if somebody does something silly like Katsouranis in the first minutes...., which you give a lot of oxygen to the Albanians loungs , then you can only lose.....

HELLAS !

8RYSKEIA !

#### THN TOYRKIA!

B) :gr:

Drako,

dont writte about Turkey what you wouldn't want to see written in this forum by a Turk about Greece, please...

These 2 NT games are a special fragile occasion for the forum and for our members ability to reamain cool in discussion.

Thanks

The Admin

mod,

its only because theyre the opponents on wednsesday

i want greece to F*** over turkey in FOOTBALL...just like i want them to F*** over every single opponent they ever encounter.

OK then.... May your wish be fulfilled (in Footballing terms ofcourse... :whistle: ) ;)

Thanks for the clarification

I would still edit it as it was written only because of the tense situation these too Head to head NT games bring to the forum which makes each little comment easily misunderstood...

But sorry for the unnecessary edit in coparison to your intention (which is what counts of course)

No intention for the forum to be a Church of course! :whistle: Just civilised even in hard conflict...

Ok you all know my points of view on the subject, nut I would like to express some thoughts...

Congratulations to Albania for the win, altough they did not play any good football they managed to beat us due to our disasterous performance.

I agree with all the celebrations in Tirana but honestly, I think that people should have respect to the hand that feeds them. Celebrating in Omonia or in Lefko Pyrgo is similar to a PAO fan celebrating in Gregoriou Labraki in Pireaus and then protesting that he was attacked!!!! And don't mention Portugal because it is completely different story. Portugal hosted a major football event, and the fact that Greeks celebrated in Portugal is not the same as Albanians celebrate in Omonia. Lets not forget that 20% of the population in Greece are Albanians. So pelase show some respect....

Ok back to football. Greece Ratings.

Nikopolidis 2 (No need to mention anything, as soon as he joined the gays he became a typical gay goalie...)

Seitaridis 3 (Very bad performance)

Kapsis 6 (Not good not bad ,did his job)

Katsouranis 2 (Not just because of his mistake but his overall performance was very poor)

Fyssas -

Dabizas -

Zagorakis 10 (Once more he was awasome!)

Karagounis 8 (Played very well)

Basinas 7 (he was Ok but nothing special)

Tsiartas 1 (I give him a 1 just for his pass. The rest was crap his football is 20 years behind the modern football)

Giannakopoulos 7 (Not bad he could have been a lot better)

Charisteas 7 (He could have scored in several occasions)

Vryzas 5 (Out of the game)

Papadopoulos 5 (He didn't get a descent pass so he did't even touched the ball)

Ayta...

Guys,

I see more discussions on politics then soccer here.

Even that would be decent if it wasnt full of racism by both some Greeks and Albanians. Some of these comments don't even make any sense, like the one about Greek teams that have Albanian players who are a disgrace because they still play for their country against Greece.

It will be like Zagoraqis not playing for Greece against Italy just because he plays for Bologna. C'mon...

It's just the end of first game in the qualifying round.

It is not too late at all to start out fresh on soccer discussions.

I have a great deal of respect for 2nd Mouse and other admin staff.

They intended this forum as a soccer forum but sadly we have talked about almost anything except for soccer. Sports traditionally bring people together, sad to see it draw us more appart as if we don't have enough to work on as it is.

You have the right to ask all Albanians including myself not to participate and we would gladly do so if so you wish. But even if this happens and all Albanians and Turks and others are not participating, you are not doing anyone or yourselves a favor by deviating from the soccer language.

I cheered for Greece in the Euro Cup as did most of Albanians in Greece and those in Albania. It is only understanding that we would cheer for Albania if we play Greece. Soccer is the only entertainment most of us Albanians have in this present economic harship.

It's nothing against Greece at all, I ASSURE YOU!

We will be doing the same thing when we beat Turkey, Danmark, Ukraine, Georgia and Khazakistan also, you will see :-)

Okay, maybe I am getting Waaaay ahead of myself, just wanted to let you guys know that cheering for our National team is just like drinking alcoohol, tyring to forget about the harm our politicians are bringing to our economy, peoples morale and country's reputation. It is nothing at all directed against Greece.

Obviously we love Greece, otherwise 20% of the Albanian people would have not come to Greece to work and live.

With respect to everyone,

ZIG

P.S.

Verry sorry for the lenghy message

I did not see the Greece game against Albania.

We played against them in pre Euro game and they scored us three goals!!!!! Their coach was Hans Peter Briegel and they were not as weak as we thought they were. Then again in the second half our stupid primmadonnas decided it was enough and scored 5. But just after we F***ing boo them to death!!!!

I´m so ignorant, I never imagined people in Albania were so fond of football. I guess we learn a thing or two in foreign forums.

As for the Greek players, I hope they do not get carried away by the hype.

Did Giourkas played well?

Though i try to remain cool, i can't. I am very angry with all these albanian "friends". As the say, they hate us, and consider us as the big enemy. Congratulations. I think that what happened is a good lesson for us. Do not make the same mistakes again (i am sure you will) next time we won't be so "kind"

HELLAS UBER ALLES -

Ilisiakos,

What are you really angry at?

It would be nice if you stopped that macho nazi bullshit and talked soccer.

Obviously this has turned into anything but a soccer forum

Nobody considers Greece as the big enemy, otherwise 500.000 Albanians would have not chosen to live and work in Greece.

Yes, a lot of them are uneducated, some of them commit crimes, but stop stereotyping a whole nation based on that. It would be lilke me saying all Greeks are a bunch of racist idiots like the one that killed the Albanian fan. No Greeks died in celebrations in Portugal I would hate to think Portugese are more civilized than Greeks.

But I know better, there are bad apples everywhere.

Well, good luck to all of you, this is my very last posting.

I hate to be in the shoes of 2nd mouse and have to edit all sort of bullshit that gets posted here.

God Bless you all and hope you make it to the World Cup

Respectfully

Zig

A guy from Tirana

Zig,

Just to clarify things. We are not angry because we lost a football match. We are not even angry due to the celebrations in Tirana, or the Turkish flags in the stadium. Of course your team won and you have every right to celebrate (especially when you have beaten the european champions!).

For me personally (and I am saying these things to you because you seem like a reasonable guy) I was bothered to see all those Albanian people working in Greece not only celebrating but speaking with such hate against the Greeks, the Government and the people. I heard sayings that 'this game is a matter of life and death', 'we will show the Greeks' etc etc.... I was also bothered to see the Albanian government offer a 500,000 prim for the win (see if they give prims when you play against other teams)...

I think your argument about the 500.000 working Albanians does not stand. First of all they are not 500,000 they are almost 2,000,000!!! (unoficially)... Second of all they do not live in Greece because they love it or like it but rather because they have no other place to go. Of course I do not blame Albanians for everything nor I am implying that they are all murderers and thieves. The fact however, is that the KIND of Albanians that came to Greece were people in despair who had nothing to live for in Albania and tried their luck in Greece.

Of course the Greek government has a big responsibility for the current condition in Greece (Not only the Pasokia but ND as well). Most employers are employing Albanians without even registering them to the IRS which means that this has a very bad impact for the economy with all that 'black money' going around. This resulted in several other things. Prices going down in several sectors due to the competition and the cheap labour hands (which is the only good thing which came out of all of these), unemployment rose, public deficit rose, etc etc....

Not to go into much detail because this is a sports forum I would only say that bearing in mind all the above and the effects that the entry of 2,000,000 Albanians have for Greece has created a negative idea over Albanians. On top of that Albanians have decided to celebrate in Omonia and Lefko Pyrgo which made things even worse. It is not wise to compare Greeks in Portugal because simply its not the same thing.... The Portuguese hosted a big tournament with all sorts of foreigners participating in it. So it was normal for the fans of the winning team of the tournament to celebrate on the Portuguese streets....

If you want to compare the situation think something similar. Think a PAO fan going to celebrate in Pereaus!!! And I can name hundreds of incidents were Greeks have been injured in fighting with each other in places were it provoked others.......

So all I have to say is enjoy your victory, also congratulations for the game, but lets leave it at that. There is no need for Albanians to provoke people by celebrating in Omonia because lets not forget that the relationship between Greece and Albania has many peculiarities.... ;)

Nice to have you in the forum.... B)

Zig,

Just to clarify things. We are not angry because we lost a football match. We are not even angry due to the celebrations in Tirana, or the Turkish flags in the stadium. Of course your team won and you have every right to celebrate (especially when you have beaten the european champions!).

For me personally (and I am saying these things to you because you seem like a reasonable guy) I was bothered to see all those Albanian people working in Greece not only celebrating but speaking with such hate against the Greeks, the Government and the people. I heard sayings that 'this game is a matter of life and death', 'we will show the Greeks' etc etc.... I was also bothered to see the Albanian government offer a 500,000 prim for the win (see if they give prims when you play against other teams)...

I think your argument about the 500.000 working Albanians does not stand. First of all they are not 500,000 they are almost 2,000,000!!! (unoficially)... Second of all they do not live in Greece because they love it or like it but rather because they have no other place to go. Of course I do not blame Albanians for everything nor I am implying that they are all murderers and thieves. The fact however, is that the KIND of Albanians that came to Greece were people in despair who had nothing to live for in Albania and tried their luck in Greece.

Of course the Greek government has a big responsibility for the current condition in Greece (Not only the Pasokia but ND as well). Most employers are employing Albanians without even registering them to the IRS which means that this has a very bad impact for the economy with all that 'black money' going around. This resulted in several other things. Prices going down in several sectors due to the competition and the cheap labour hands (which is the only good thing which came out of all of these), unemployment rose, public deficit rose, etc etc....

Not to go into much detail because this is a sports forum I would only say that bearing in mind all the above and the effects that the entry of 2,000,000 Albanians have for Greece has created a negative idea over Albanians. On top of that Albanians have decided to celebrate in Omonia and Lefko Pyrgo which made things even worse. It is not wise to compare Greeks in Portugal because simply its not the same thing.... The Portuguese hosted a big tournament with all sorts of foreigners participating in it. So it was normal for the fans of the winning team of the tournament to celebrate on the Portuguese streets....

If you want to compare the situation think something similar. Think a PAO fan going to celebrate in Pereaus!!! And I can name hundreds of incidents were Greeks have been injured in fighting with each other in places were it provoked others.......

So all I have to say is enjoy your victory, also congratulations for the game, but lets leave it at that. There is no need for Albanians to provoke people by celebrating in Omonia because lets not forget that the relationship between Greece and Albania has many peculiarities.... ;)

Nice to have you in the forum.... B)

i agree with Ella

and Zig sounds like a good Albanian :tup:

Archived