Phantis Forums

Here we go with the Prokrimatika!

Ioanna

Ready for a Euro 2004 semifinal dejavous?!! :lol:

Greece - Czech Republic (friendly)

18.08.04, 9:15pm on ALPHA Channel (Greek tv)

~ Otto Renhagel's Euro 2004 Champions versus Baros & Koller's Czechs; Dellas, Nedved & Smicer injured, Nikolaidis busy with AEK, Papadopoulos with the Olympic squad.

Greece - Albania (World Cup Prokrimatiko)

FIGAME!! :gr:

I think Greece will have an easy with with Albania, although I wouldn't be surprised if theytied them by the way the lost to Mali <_< . Czech Republic will be a tough game. I think it would even be tougher than the EURO semis, and boy is that ever tough :o . But I think it's possible that Greece could sneak a goal or two to win it :P

No no, dont be confused; the team who lost to Mali was the Olympic squad!! They would lose to any team :rolleyes: LOL. King Otto's men aka Euro 2004 Champions are well above Albania's league :lol: and stand every good chance against the Czechs!! ... if Milan Baros is not in form and up for revenge. :P

I agree, Albania arent on the same page as greece, and i doubt very much whether they are in the same book. This will be a good chance to boost our goal difference and to play us into some form before the much anticipated match against arch rival Turkey in Athens.

As for the friendly against Czech. Republic I think we shouldnt read too much into it. They will definately be out for revenge and i think we will miss Dellas at the back and could be in danger of conceeding some goals for the first time in a while. However, it is only a warm up for the World Cup 2006 qualifiers and all we should be worried about is good individual performances.

I predict 1-1 but wouldnt be surprised if we got belted 3 or 4-0.

Cummon Greece!!!

:gr: HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS :gr:

Ok, its finished: Czech Republic 0 - Greece 0

A good game, we could have played better though; Venetidis probably expected to score se adeio terma... :rolleyes: mallon tha "kolose" mbrosta ston Cech. Anyway! Renhagel took advantage of this friendly match to try quite a few of his other players, which was good. The Czechs had some chances to score, they hit the bar once :blink: Baros and Rosicky looked dangerous :ph34r: but were stopped everytime. :box: To be honest with u, i would love to see a typical Milan goal *blushes* but hey... not against Greece mate! Well done to our team!! :gr:

At the end of the game, Zagorakis said that they indeed expected the Czechs to be up for revenge. He pointed out that many Czechs are playing in teams abroad whose national championships have already started (e.g. the premiership) and thus they were more ready for tonight's match, whereas most of the Greek players havent as yet started any preparations on their individual teams. He also added that they could have played better if it wasnt for the above reason, and that they're looking forward to the match against Albania on September 4th.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived