19 Wolves 2 -1 1

20 Crewe 2 -2 1

21 Millwall 2 -2 1

22 QPR 2 -3 1

23 Derby County 2 -2 0

24 Brighton 2 -3 0

Stoke 2-1 Wolves :nw:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/3541602.stm

Goals from Darel Russell and skipper Clive Clarke set up a deserved win for Stoke over promotion hopefuls Wolves.

The home aside took the lead on 55 minutes when Russell pounced on Ade Akinbiyi's knockdown and drilled a sweet strike into the bottom corner.

Stoke made it two when Mark Clyde was penalised for tugging Akinbiyi's shirt and Clarke converted the penalty.

Wolves grabbed a late consolation through Kenny Miller's penalty after Gifton Noel-Williams' handball.

Attendance : 17,066 :la:

Sheff Utd 0-0 Stoke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/3942251.stm

Sheffield United are still without a win this season after being held by 10-man Stoke.

The visitors lost striker Gifton Noel-Williams just after half-time for a reckless challenge on Chris Morgan.

It was the second flashpoint of the game after Blades boss Neil Warnock and Stoke's Ade Akinbiyi had a heated argument in the first half.

United's best chances came from an Andy Liddell volley in the 54th minute and a Jon Harley drive 20 minutes later.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

go on brighton!!!

I'm afraid I'll be rooting for the Owls tonight, as they are managed by Dundee United legend Paul Sturrock. After a good first season, they are really struggling at the moment. Apparantly "Luggy" got a great reception from the Plymouth fans last week. Unusual to see fans with no long term memory problems.

Is ex Aberdeen, Hamburg & Celtic striker Mark McGhee still in charge at Brighton?

I'm afraid I'll be rooting for the Owls tonight, as they are managed by Dundee United legend Paul Sturrock. After a good first season, they are really struggling at the moment. Apparantly "Luggy" got a great reception from the Plymouth fans last week. Unusual to see fans with no long term memory problems.

Is ex Aberdeen, Hamburg & Celtic striker Mark McGhee still in charge at Brighton?

i support brighton because i lived very near there all my life and went to a few matches, if they ever got to the premiership, i would support them more than panathinaikos.

yeah he still is, hes doing a fantastic job by making them stay-up, they have no money, in debt, dont play at there ground, and the government wont give them money to build at falmer. we shall see...

Archived